Two;

Yearning for A Thing That Has Gone

:''') finally it finished!

 


 

“I burned down the house!! Wufan! I burned down the house! Help!”

 


Wufan shot up from his bed and yawned.

He scratched his hair while coming out from his room. Looking at Junmyeon with a napkin burned on the stove.

Wufan sighed and turned off the stove, and the fire went out.



Junmyeon sighed. “It was a close call.”



“Everyday.”, Wufan added. “You don’t have different idea to wake me up? You burned napkins five days ago.”


Junmyeon stares at Wufan. “Wow, you have an elephant’s memory. Uhm, and no, i wasn’t going to wake you up, that was burnt!”

“Yea yea.”, Wufan mumbled while taking his teethbrush and toothpaste’s tube. “Hey, did you use mine?”

“Uhm, i ran out of it.”, Junmyeon answered from the kitchen.


Wufan stares at his toothpaste’s tube. “And i thought you’re an organized person. Geez, don’t forget to buy a new one today.”

“Do you want scramble egg or...”, Junmyeon again shouts from the kitchen. “Wuuuuuuyifan.

“Hmmhh”, Wufan said with his mouth full of toothpaste. That kid, he thought.


 

“Wufaaaan i’m talking to youuu.”
 

Hmmph!!
 


“I’m going to pour a spoonful of milk into your breakfast!!”
Wufan gargled before charging back into the kitchen, pulling Junmyeon’s shirt. “I doubledare you.”
“Kidding, big guy. Kidding.”

Wufan released his grip and went straight to the dinner table. “Alright. I have to be thankful because at least i have a personal chef.”
“What personal chef?”, Junmyeon turned his head. “Oh okay, blonde guy, i’m not gonna cook for you anytime in the future!”

 


“You were doing it right now.”
 


“Oh.”
 


Wufan realized how often he looks at Junmyeon’s back.
Almost everyday, although that guy always wears weird apron. Wufan has always been waiting from Junmyeon to finish cooking. Wufan knows he could always goes out and finds for another food.
But he would pass.

Wufan has totally forgotten why he was enjoying Junmyeon’s cookings.

 


How many times since he always pays attention to Junmyeon?
 


The complexions of his skin, the color of his hair, the taste of his cooks. The way Junmyeon’s walking.
 


Junmyeon always walks funny, it looks like a twisted angle everytime he moves his legs.
Yixing said Junmyeon looks like a freak, but other than that he’s a nice person. His smile could warmed up a pot of porridge, Yixing said.
Nonsense.

He likes how Junmyeon cooks, or walks.

But once again, Junmyeon was never his favorite person.


 



--
 




“From your story... it didn’t sound like a madness.”
Luhan said, while resting on a bar’s sofa.

“Then?”, Wufan asked while leaning on the bar. Luhan was eye-ing him curiously, while Wufan doesn’t seem to have the clue. “What?”

 


“Forget it. How’s Junmyeon doing?”
 


“I told you.”
 


Luhan cringed at Wufan’s answer. Almost dropped his martini’s glass. “Told me what?”
 


Wufan rolled his eyes. “He moved.
 


No way. You idiot.”, Luhan squeezed  his armrest.
 


“Why am i the idiot anyway?”
 


“Just because.”
 


“I don’t understand.”

 

“Junmyeon was never your favorite person.”
“He is.”

Luhan tried to hold his sigh, but he chose not to said anything to Wufan himself. That guy better resolved it himself.
“So, where did he go?”

“Town, some freaky business school, dorm-affiliated. You can say he’s happy now. Not sharing a room with a thug.”
Wufan rested his chin on the bar’s table. “So you could say everything’s good.”

 

“Everything’s good?”
 

“Hmp.”

 

Yixing came with a bottle of beer again, he laughed at Luhan. “You know the problem here, right buddy.”

“I definitely know.”

 

“So... dude, what happened with Junmyeon before he set off again?”
 

“Oh shut up.”


 


--
 




Go. I said.”, Wufan folded his arms in front of his chest.
While Junmyeon seems to buy time again by fixing his luggage’s wheels.

 


“This is heavy.”
 


“Stop being a sissy.”, Wufan gave up and snatched up the luggage from Junmyeon’s hand.
“I’ll walk you to the station.”

Junmyeon’s smile rose up from his face. He nodded, letting Wufan made a road first.
“You see... it’ll be nice for you to live alone after i’m gone. Don’t you think?”

Wufan nodded. “All the space for myself.”


 

Wufan.”
 


“You annoy me everytime you call me, what’s new.”, Wufan mumbled. “What?”
 


“Do you mind to take care of my daffodils flowers? The ones i... have on the water vase on the kitchen’s table. Would you?”, Junmyeon said, walking faster beside Wufan.

 

“Why didn’t you take them with you earlier?”, Wufan sighed. “For one year you always... been so..”
 


“Annoying? Careless? Hm?”

 

“….Caring.”
 


Junmyeon smiles. “Didn’t expect that one from your mouth to be really honest.”, Junmyeon hops until he was a few steps in front of Wufan. He makes a ridiculous smile, the smile that was as same as the usual smile he always throws to Wufan every morning.
 


Surprisingly,
 


That smile is exactly like daffodils. Fresh picked yellowish daffodils in the morning.
Where Junmyeon would makes a bouquet of fresh picked daffodils every morning, changes their water, polished the vase. He made the daffodils happy, those scents are running around the house every day.

 


The scents of happiness.
 


“Wufan.”, Junmyeon holds Wufan’s other hand, the one which doesn’t carry the luggage.
“Will you lock the padlock everyday? Will you take care of the daffodils?”

“Don’t worry too much, of course I can.”, Wufan brushed off Junmyeon’s hand. “Don’t even touch me that way.”

Sorry… I know Wufan, I am not your favorite person in this whole world… but.. I enjoy our time together. Don’t you?”, Junmyeon turned his back to Wufan, making him notices how funny he walks, or how red is his new hair. Junmyeon’s red apple colored hair is brushed against the wind.

 

“Why am I so sure that you're gonna miss me by my walk, you're gonna miss me by my talk, you're gonna miss me when i'm gone?”

 

“I won’t.”, Kris said immediately. “I definitely won’t.”
 


Junmyeon smiles. “What a pity.”, Junmyeon walked forward, he slowly took the grasp of the luggage from Kris’ hand. 
“Because I’ll miss yours.”


 

Wufan’s hand was about to grasp the hold back. But it seems like it is too far. Out of his reach, Wufan slowly pulled back his hand, hiding it behind his back.
While Junmyeon’s back is in front of him. 


And those legs. Funny walk that Junmyeon has, maybe, he would miss it. Maybe.

 

“Thank you for getting me into the station.”, Junmyeon said, his back still facing Wufan. “I appreciated it, my roommate.”

 

So close.

Yet so far.


“Don’t mention it.”


 

Wufan, Wuyifan, you’re so numb. For everything you have done together.
Why can’t you feel the electricity? Why can’t you feel the magnet between you guys?

 


“His walk is funny.”
 


It is that hard to open your lips?

Is it hard to drop your lower jaw for a second, dropped your formalities, and said that one thing?
 

While Wufan was telling the words again and again to himself, Suho’s back is slowly drifting away from him, through the station, until he can’t see him anymore. 

Between the train’s automatic doors.

Suho gave him a little handwave. Wufan really wants to stick his palm against the glass windows of the train. There is a thin glass between them, but at least he knows. They touched before. They have definitely touched before.

“Junmyeon... was never my favorite person.”, Wufan said, mumbling in the crowd. Junmyeon can’t even hear him.

 

“Because he makes my life miserable.”

 



--
 




“Just like that?”Luhan said, a bit yelling because loud skrillex musics were playing on the background, racing each others.


“Yes, i let him go.”



“You .”, Luhan said, gulping with an elegant pinky sticking out while his hand is grasping the glass. 

 

“Your choice of club was also , it’s like parade of bumping cars here.”

 

“Not listening~”

 

Luhan covers his ears with his hands, while Wufan shrugs at him. 
While Wufan watches the people on the dance floor. He wonders.


 

How is Junmyeon doing?

What kind of roommate he will get?

How did Junmyeon stand all of his drunkness these whole time? Maybe he would never know.


 

But even now, Wufan would come home drunk, laying on the sofa, while staring at the white space beside Junmyeon’s room. He would smile at it. It was Junmyeon’s space.

 

Where Junmyeon used to hang his certificates.

 

Wufan would come to Junmyeon’s room, and lays on his bed. 
It was Junmyeon’s.


 

“I will miss him by his walk.”


Remembering how Junmyeon walks. 

“I will miss him by his talk.”


As Wufan sat down on the chair, facing the kitchen. Where he used to have a lot of talk with Junmyeon. Eventhough it often involves burning food and exploding gas.
 


“I will miss him..”

Wufan stares at the apron which left on the kitchen table. With red color and untied strings.

“... when he’s gone.”





 



 



 

 

 


NOT GOING TO SAY ANYTHING BCS SQUEAL XD thank you for the people who read this story, i write this after finished reading some kris-suho 's fanfics and suddenly got the urge. thanks a lot for @junmyunf 's plot too! 

please check my lj for more! :)