A New Start

Summer Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul. You’ve never been to Seoul before. Heck, you’ve never step a foot out of US though you’re ethnicity is Korean. Yet here you are in Gimpo International Airport with your luggage. You’ve practically packed your whole life into the large luggage of yours, not because of college but mainly because your parents decided to move back to Seoul.

You snapped out of your thoughts when your mother called you over. You rolled your luggage over, tucked it in the trunk and sat on the passenger seat next to your mother.

“Ready?” Father asked, looking at you from the rear view mirror.

“Yeah,” you nodded as you looked out of the window.

Are you really ready for all of this? New life, new people, new environment?

Just then a pair of hand intertwined with yours, you jolted slightly and looked to your left, only to find your mother smiling sweetly at you. Assuring you that it’s going to be okay. You returned her smile and squeezed her hand lightly.

The journey to your new home takes approximately about an hour from the airport. You went wide-eyed as you look around your house. Right then, you unlocked your luggage and lunged for your sketchbook. You flipped it open and held it out, comparing the illustration with the interior ahead of you. You smirked slightly, impressed that that envision you’ve worked on with your mother become a reality. You hugged your mother feeling blessed.

“Well done kid,” your father ruffled your hair. After that small gesture, you felt all warm. It has been quite a long time since he did that to you.

Awhile later when you’re done unpacking, you head down stairs to the dining room for dinner. Since you’ve just moved in, there’s nothing in the pantry or the fridge so your mother ordered Domino’s. Dinner went dead silent as usual. Only the clinking of utensils, crunching of food and gulping of Pepsi could be heard. It lasted for about half an hour before you started to help your mother with the dishes.

“Do you want to head out after this? We could go to the mini mart and fill up the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter