For Eternity

Bloom

 

 

"And the trees are filled with memories of the feelings never told?"

 

 

Her eyes wondered around the scenery outside the window. Her eyes squinted to get a better view of the threes and the lake that they had passed by. There’s something about it that seemed familiar to her. She look up straight to see the front but all she could see was the road that they’s drivng through since she was seated in the back seat.

 

“where are we going exactly?”

 

She asked, breaking the comfortable silence in the car. She sees Chanyeol glancing at her through the rearview mirror for a second before jerking his head back to the road, he chuckles later on seeing how confused and panic she looks

 

“you don’t remember?” the happy virus asks her.

 

Should I? She lowered her head, trying to pin point where this place is but nothing come across her mind. A warm hand was felt gripping tightly onto hers, her eys trailed on Jinri’s arm and saw her grining at her, making her eyes turn into those eyesmiles of hers.

 

“don’t worry. You’ll remember it once we get there” she giggled.

 

Soojung titled her head a little, eyes lowered again, still trying to pin point it. That confuse face of hers were probably seen by Chanyeol through the rear view mirror again as she hears him chuckling again.

 

After it feels like 20 minutes of drving through the, what it seemed to be like, a forest, Baekhyun then saw a group of people standing on a large field. There were two cars there and one of it has its trunk opened as two of the people there sat on it while the others were standing.

 

“oh, there they are” Baekhyun announced, making Soojung looks out to her window and found another familiar faces from afar, they were chatting but when one of them spotted their car, all head was turned to the moving vehicle. There’s something warm inside her heart when she sees them waving at their direction. Chanyeol made a turn as the car turned and headed to the large filled. In brief seconds, the car parked beside the one with the closed trunk. Before they could even stepped out of the car, some of the people rushed over to the car’s side.

 

Soojung taught for a moment when she saw the smiling faces taht she hadn’t seen for quite a while, her hand grips onto the door and opens it, before she could turn around, a pair of arms was wrapped around her neck without her knowing who it was, but the smell of her strawberry shampoo and her auburn locks that was almost covering her hair, the person was none other than Luna. The Unnie who she always looks up to.

 

“Soojungie~” she whines, “I miss you so much!” she said as she pulls away the hug, placing a light kiss on her cheeks before hugging her again.

 

Soojung yelped a little, feeling that the hug was little too tight, “L-Luna-unnie... too tight...”

 

“oh!” she imedietly pulls away, pouting as doing so, “so sorry!”

 

She just replied her with a small smile, “I miss you too Unnie”.

 

The auburn girl smiles before stepping aside, revealing a tomboy who wears her cap backwards. Her arms are spread wide as if she wanted a hug from the girl, she grins, “don’t you miss the great Amber?”

 

The girl took a few steps until she can wrapped her arms around her fragile friend, yet another tight hugs that were too tight but Soojung didn’t care. Even if it’s tight enough until she can’t breath, those were the hugs that gives her so much warmth. Before Soojung ould even hug her back, Amber’s head was roughly pushed away, making her pulled away from the hug also.

 

“Yah! You’re suffocating her more!”

 

The hand and the growl was belong to none other than Kris. Luhan’s Chinese-American best friend who’d she’d consider as a big brother too for Sehun.

 

Then there it goes again. The little things that makes her thinks about him again.

 

“good to see you back, Kiddo” Kris said in his fluent english, snapping her out of her taughts as he ruffles her hair gently. Remembering that she was in her fragile state. Soojung then spotted another three familiar faces behind Kris. They were smiling and wave their hand to her, those were Kyungsoo, Kai and Suho. Another batch of Sehun’s friends, except for Suho, he’s Sehun’s cousin.

 

She felt like chuckling at how ridiculous she’s being with always remembering him over and over again.

 

“aren’t you forgetting someone?”

 

Her then turned to where the voice is as she spotted a figure that was leaning on the car with its trunk opens, standing beneath the sunshine that makes him look glowing. For a second there, she taught she’d just saw a ghost of Sehun, but it turns out to be Luhan. A small disappointment came across her face, making the baby faceoppa frowns upon seeing it, “what’s with the long face?” he said as he took a step foreword to the girl.

 

Soojung looks at him. Studying his face gestures, from his hair to the tip of his jawline. There seemed to be a lot similarity that he has with his brother. Not much different she taught, feeling that missing feels again when she remembers how Sehun looks like, he’s younger but appear to look a lot older than Luhan.

 

“I’m really, really glad you came, Soojung”, He smiles down at her, raising his hand up to pats her head, “try to have some fun for a while. I’m sure that’s what Sehun wants you to” he continues as he pulled his hands back to his the inside of his jeans pocket.

 

At the sound of his name, Soojung’s body stiffened. And the entire group fell into uncomfortable silence. Some of them looked down and some of them just stare at Soojung’s back, throwing her those sympathy glances. She could feel it but decided to just ignore it, letting out a soft breath as she looks up to Luhan and gives him a small smile.

 

“I know” she said rather softly and almost a whisper. She look around the people that was surrounding her, she never feels the warmth of a welcome before and yet here she is, feeling it all thanks to them. I know the word echos through her mind again.

 

There’s a huge relief flowing out of Luhan’s chest when he sees her smile. Eventhough he could still sees the damp eyes beneath those foundation, that Jinri had applied to her face before they go there, Luhan was relief that she finally took some steps. To him, Soojung was already like his own little sister-in-law. He taught of it for quite a while but due to Sehun’s condition, his hopes of having her as a sister-in-law was gone.

 

A clear throat was heard and all heads turn to the source, “um, sorry for intterupting the moment but um.. can we eat now?” not seconds later, a growl stomach was heard coming from the happy virus’s stomach.

 

All of them burst into laughter, especially Baekhyun who was trying his best to control his wide mouth laugh.

 

“come on guys! Let’s eat!” Luna beamed, giving Soojung a ‘come on’ look before skipping her way to the table that was set for every tourist to set their picnic there. Everyone followed her behind, they looked like they were really glad to finally eat. On the other hand, Soojung doesn’t feel hungry at all. Heck, she haven’t even had a single decent meal for the past days or weeks.

 

“see, they miss you”

 

She feels a shoulder nudge hers, finding her best friend smiling down at her. This best friend of hers, this big baby, she just can’t stand the fact that her friend is suffering and here she is, making her feel good and happy again. There’s a lot that she wanted to say to Jinri than just a simple thank you for the matter.

 

“ah yeah, that reminds me” she spoke when they take a step towards their friends who was fighting over a tuna sandwich, “have you figured out where we are right now?”

 

Oh yeah come to think of it, she hasn’t pin point out the place. When she was in deep taught, Jinri grins before making her way to the group. Leaving Soojung to think alone.

 

 

Soojung’s eyes then wondered around the trees. The scenery of the sun shines between the branches of the trees looks so familiar to her, like she has seen this before. But when? She closed her eyes to think for a moment before hesitant to opened it again and looks up, feeling the sun shines so brightly through her skin as she covers her face with the back of her hand. She looks behind her hand and spotted a tree that was placed in the middle and was taller than the other trees around it. Have I seen that before? She asks herself again. She puts her hand down, placing it back to her sides as she took a step towards the tree.

 

It wasn’t that far from the table where the group was, though it took her a few minutes to walk around the forest. The minute she spotted the tall tree, her eyes widen as memories comes together in her head. She doesn’t need a second to run up to the tree and scan her eyes around the branch, looking for a certain sign that she’d been longing to see. Unfortunately, the tree was covered with moss, and the branch looks so much darker than the last time she was here. With all the strength that she still have with her, she scartch all the moss out of the branches, desperately looking for the sign. The sign that only belongs to her and Sehun.

 

“where is it?” she hissed through her small breath.

 

Right then, she spotted a carving that was too familiar to her. She scratches harder and before she knows it, the carving was seen clearer than ever.

 

 

For eternity

-SS

 

 

Her lips curved upwards, revealing a wide smile that she hadn’t let out for quite a while. She can feel her eyes filled with water, but it wasn’t because she was sad like she always do at night. No, it was because she’s too happy to finally found it. To found the only thing that would never left or forgotten from Sehun. His eternity carving. The one where the craves when he told her his feelings towards her. when he told her those three simple yet beautiful words that she’d never been able to forget.

 

“I love you, Jung Soojung. For eternity”

 

She remembers it all so clearly. The scene where he took her by his hands, his eyes lowered down to meet hers, a small smile tug on his lips  before he lets out those simple words. Before bent down to reach her lips. Up until now, she can still feel the taste of his lips that day.

 

Brushing her hand to the carving on the three, a little piece of memory came into her mind again. The reason why the carving was only carved with ‘For Eternity –SS’ is because Sehun thinks that carving his and her name with a plus sign in the middle of it and a heart shape sign around it was just too mainstream.

 

She chuckles as a tear fall down to her cheek yet the wide smile never leaves her face, “Sehun, you idiot” she whispers.

 

The wind blows softly against her skin as the birds chirping was echoing around the forest. Soojung closed her eyes. For once after Sehun had passed away, she never felt the burden in her heart lightens. She never felt so calm. Just because of a carving that meant so much to her.

 

She heard the sound of a scattered leaves being stepped on. That’s when she then felt a presence, standing not so far from where she was standing right now. As the wind blows softly again, she can smell a scent that she taught she’d never get to smell again. Her eyes snap opened. She could already imagine a man around her age with a chestnut hair and a perfect tall figure, standing behind her, just a few meters away from her. She took all the courage to slowly turn around, her knees was a little trembling due to her nervousness to face the person.

 

Suddenly, everything seems to stop. The wind, the echo of the chirping birds, eveyrthing seemed to be in pause when her eyes met his brown orbs. A small gasp escapes , disbelief at who was standing meters away from her. She blink a couple of times, thinking that this might be figment of her imagination. A fantasy that her mind made since it only filled with the sight of him.

 

“S-Sehun?”

 

She whispers, her voice is slightly cracked as another single tear dropped to her cheeks. He was looking like he used to be. His skin was pale like he usually is, he wore a dark blue middle lenght long sleeve up to his elbow and there were no sign of any purple bruises at all, plus there was no caps or beanies to cover his chestnut locks. He looks healthy and peaceful.

 

He smiles, a bitter smile but also seemed to show some relief for her, while nods at her call. Before he could even opens his mouth to say something, Soojung rushed to him, letting out a small desperate yell of his name that echos through the forest, then her arms were wrapped around his body, her face burried on his bare chest, tears was flowing down to her cheeks and stained Sehun’s shirt. She hugs him so tightly as if she would never let it go. She won’t. Even if she knew this might be her delusion, she just wants to cherish this. To have him by her side. To hug him like the way she used to be.

 

A srong arms was wrapped around her back, responding to her tight hug with another tight hug. Sehun lets out a small chuckle. Funny how he had miss her so much that he couldn’t bare to not returning her hug as tight as hers, eventhough she’d knew he’d been watching how fragile she’d becomes.

 

Right now, all that matters is that Sehun misses her, and the same goes for Soojung. They just wished right now, they could stay like this.

 

 

 

For eternity.

 

 


yeay! double update :D oho I guess Sehun's kinda obssesed with the word 'for eternity' huh? lol. anyway, the chapter turns out really cheesy and I kind of hates it but oh well, it's 4 am and I'm still up so I just let it flow~ :'D okay just to make you guys unconfused of the fact of why Sehun is there and Soojung could hug him like he's not some ghost when he's actually is, well the thing is.... you'll just have to wait for the next update xD cause it'll explains everything about how Sehun is there and all. hope you enjoy the story :3 oh and almost forgot! SEHUN BABY CONGRATS ON WINNING MUBANK! CONGRATS EXO! Sarangheyo~ <3

 

Comment & Subscribe