Chapter 001

Happy Survivors Island

The First Chapter

Hana and Minjung were nervous as heck. They had applied to the contest and were immediately accepted. Two days before the first episode of the show would be filmed, Hana and Minjung were picked up with a black car and taken to an unknown building. They weren't allowed to take any belongings with them, except for the clothes they were currently wearing. Appearently they didn't want anyone to get their belongings stolen or sneak them onto the island and use them for their advantage.

"When you enter this building you will directly be on camera. Everything you do or say is going to be a part of the show's first brodcast," the man who had picked them up explained. "I can't follow you in, but you will be taken care of by some of our top stylists." The man smiled. Hana and Minjung nodded and bowed. They entered and just as the man had told them, there were camera crews everywhere.

"Hi!!" A hyperactive girl smiled and them and waved. "My name is Au and together with my fellow stylist Naomi, we'll style your hair and pick out clothes for your interviews," she explained. Hana and Minjung nodded. Naomi took care of Minjung meanwhile Au took care of Hana. "Agioo, you're really pretty."

"Uhm, thank you?" Hana smiled awkwardly. She's never been good with handling compliments, especially not from boys. Au seemed to notice how tensed Hana got and didn't say anything more. Fixing Hana took around one and half hours. Hana was relieved that the camera rather focused on a couple of boys and a very cute girl than herself. She's really socially awkward. And perhaps that is the reason why her parents have always hated her.

"What do you think?" Au asked and let Hana check out herself in the mirror. Her hair was flattened straight, her mascara was a little to much and she honestly wanted to wipe of the makeup on her lips. But for once in awhile, she actually felt quite pretty. "I like it."

Au squealed. "I'm so happy you do! Let's go get you dressed now." Au grabbed Hana's hand and dragged her to the dressing rooms. She had to wear a stupid dress that made her look like a fourteen year old, and a pair of high heels that would surely leave marks. After she was finally done, all she had left to do was sit down on one of the waiting couches and wait for her name to be called.

Next to her on the couch was a honey blonde boy, solving a rubix cube. The duo where the only two there and Hana felt nervous being alone with a boy. She was about to pick up her cellphone and text someone when she remembered she doesn't have one with her. *Aish. Stupid rules not allowing us to bring our belongings.* She frowned. The boy noticed her solemn expression and laughed. She glanced at him and bit her lip nervously. *Is he laughing at me?*

"Why are you looking at me like that? You look like you've seen a ghost!" The boy exclaimed. Hana kept staring before she burst out giggling. He smiled at her and she blushed, looking down on the ground. *And he was complaining about me staring.* He dropped his rubix cube and extended his hand. "My name is Luhan, nice to meet you." Luhan greeted.

"My name is Cho Hana," she introduced herself. "It's very nice to meet you, too. Any special reason why you're here?" Hana asked, she didn't want the conversation to die out and desperately tried to keep it going. Luhan nodded.

"My little sister and I had an argument, about her bestfriend who's a guy. And I made a stupid bet with her. I sad if she entered this contest successfully and wins, I'll let her continue being friends with him. I didn't actually believe she would get in, and she's the youngest one here so I'm worried about her." Luhan sighed. "I need to protect her."

"That's really sweet," Hana smiled. Luhan seems like a very caring guy. He didn't come for the money, or the fame or just for the fun of it. He came to protect one of his loved ones. "My reason is a little more selfish though," she laughed nervously.

"Why are you here?" Luhan asked. "Are you sure this contest won't be to hard for someone like yourself? You get nervous just by sitting beside a boy," he smirked.

"I do not," Hana denied. She was about to scold him when someone called her name: "Cho Hana!"

"I'm not done with you." Hana glared at him and followed after the lady that had called her name.

Camera. Interview with Cho Hana.

Interviewer: So you're a un-employed highschool graduate from Busan? Like to tell me a little more about your private life?

Hana: I'm shy. Really shy. I only have a few friends, and actually my best friend is on this show.

Interviewer: Lee Minjung, yes. You mentioned eachother in your applications.. You didn't tell us much about why you wanted to come to the show though. Care to tell why?

Hana: I'm un-employed as you know and I have a real hard time finding a job. My parents don't want to pay my college funds and I only got a scholarship for a degree I'm not interested in. So if I win 250.000 dollars I will have the chance to pay my intuition fee! 

Interviewer: Your strength is running, how come?

Hana: I'm very small, but fast. And as they say, you can't hide but you can run. So it's the best if you run really fast.

Interviewer: Interesting, thank you for the short interview and welcome to Happy Survivors Island!

Camera. Off.

"Great job," the interviewer flashed a smile. "Next time though, I love the story about how you need the money for college. It will make you look cute and innocent." She gave Hana thumbs up and Hana smiled as well. But deep inside she felt like what she just had done was wrong. *You're thinking to much Hana! You really need this money. Remember.*

_

Hana and Minjung unluckily didn't get to share hotel rooms for the night. But they were close to eachother and planned on meeting during the morning. Since they didn't bring pyjamases all of those things would be provided in their rooms. Hana grabbed her key and opened the door, but she shrieked when she saw a half boy inside.

"What are you doing in my room!?"