3

Forbidden

Jiyeon's P.O.V

We set up a place in one of the busy parts of town and the radio. There were no good songs on we could dance to so we waited for a while. Then a Michael Jackson song came on and Hyomin shot up quickly and started to dance. We all sat and watched and even some people stopped to watch her too. When the song was done people gave her money and she sat down again with us.

"You did great." I said, hugging her tightly.

She smiled and ruffled my hair.

 

By the end of the day we had gained quite a bit of money, but not enough to be able to go anywhere.

"Let's just stay here." Hyomin said.

We all settled down together as the town became quieter. Just as the others were falling asleep I saw another girl walk out onto the street and sit down. She looked almost the same age as us, so I slowly got up without disturbing the others and walked over to her.

"Hello.." I said. "I'm Jiyeon."

She looked up at me. "Are y-you.. Homeless too?"

I nodded. "So are my friends over there." I pointed to the others.

"I'm Areum.." She said quietly.

"Nice to meet you. Now come on, let's take you to the others. You can stay with us." I said, smiling.

She slowly got up and I lead her over to the others who were sleeping.

"Are you sure they won't mind?" Areum asked.

I nodded. "They're nice.."

I heard a yell and I looked around and saw police cars pull up. My first instinct, wake the others up and run.

"All of you, wake up!" I yelled, shaking the sleeping ones around.

"What is it.." Soyeon groaned.

"Police! Now go!" I yelled.

Everyone instantly darted up and picked up their stuff and we ran as fast as we could through the streets. We ran out of town quickly and only stopped when we were sure we were a few miles away, well hidden. I don't think the others realised that Areum was following because Boram almost walked into her.

"Who are you?!" Boram squealed.

"Areum." Areum said.

"When did you appear?" Qri asked suspiciously.

"I found her." I said quickly.

"Jiyeon-ah.." Hyomin started.

"She was on the street like the rest of us too! Do you think I was just going to leave her?" I sighed.

There was a small silence and Hyomin went to sit down somewhere else. She looked hurt. I decided to let her be alone and I stayed with the others as they introduced themselves to Areum and told her why we were homeless.

 

Hyomin's P.O.V

I sat on my own away from the others. I felt hopeless. We were running away from something that couldn't be evaded. And now we had someone else to take care of too. I got up and walked off a bit further. I felt a hand grab my arm.

"Minnie.."

"Jiyeon. Go back to the others." I said coldly.

"I want to be with you though.." Jiyeon mumbled.

"I said go back to the others. Now isn't the time.." I said, looking at her.

"Please just tell me what's wrong." Jiyeon said.

"..We're running away from something that we can't. We can't keep running away from our problems." I said, sighing.

"What do you mean?" Jiyeon asked.

"..We can't escape our problems by running. We have to face them." I said.

"But we're doing fine now.. Aren't we?" Jiyeon asked.

I shook my head. "We're on the streets hiding from the police literally begging for money."

Then the realisation hit Jiyeon and she gasped and started to cry.

"You're r-right.." She sniffled.

"Don't cry.." I mumbled, hugging her tightly.

"I want to go home.." Jiyeon said, looking up at me.

"We can get through this.. I promise.." I said, gazing into her eyes.

"I t-trust you then.." She whispered.

I pulled her closer and kissed her softly, wrapping my arms around her waist. She pushed me against the wall of the building and her hands started to explore inside my shirt.

"Jiyeonnie.." I moaned as her lips traced against my neck.

"..Are we interrupting something..?" I heard a voice, I looked behind Jiyeon to see Qri and Areum.

"Uhm.. N-No." Jiyeon stuttered, standing next to me.

"Well.." Qri started. "We've seen.. Some supicious activity going on around here.. Lots of strange men.."

"We think it's to do with drugs and alcohol.. We don't feel safe here.." Areum said quietly.

"So you want to go somewhere else?" I asked.

They both nodded. "It scares Boram as well but she wouldn't come with us." Said Qri.

"We'll move elsewhere then.." I sighed.

So when we got our stuff packed up again, we started walking again looking for a safe place to stay.