2

Forbidden

Hyomin's P.O.V

We walked to the other's houses so they could collect some possessions, then we left. We made sure to leave no tracks behind so nobody could find us.

"You really don't all have to come.. You have a good life here.." I started, but Soyeon shook her head.

"We're here to protect you both." Soyeon said.

"Well.. If that's how you want it to be.. But we have to hide, the police will be looking for us all." I said.

"Why will they be looking for us?" Boram asked.

"Firstly, your parents will realise that you aren't  coming back from school and they'll ring the police. The school will also ring your houses the next  day and ask where you are. Then people from the school will start searching and more police will come." I explained.

Boram nodded and nobody spoke again for a while. We walked for many long hours until it was starting to get quite dark.

"Hyominnie.." Jiyeon whimpered.

"We'll be fine.." I mumbled, her hair.

"Where are we going to stay?" Qri asked.

"...On the street." I said.

I heard a small sob from Jiyeon. She'd had bad experiences the first time we ran away. She went to look around whilst I was sleeping and she was almost kidnapped.

"Minnie.." Jiyeon said, sniffling.

"You'll be fine as long as you stay close to me." I said.

We found a spot on the street and sat down, trying to get in a comfortable position. I pulled Jiyeon on top of me and cuddled her close, she wrapped her arms around me tightly and buried her face against my chest and sniffled. I slowly closed my eyes and a few minutes later I fell asleep.

 

In the morning I woke up and it was only just getting light. The others were still asleep. I saw people walking past  but they didn't seem to take much notice of us. I decided to wake the others up. Once they were all awake we planned what to do.

"I think we could at least get something to eat.. Me and Jiyeon only have a small amount of money but I guess it would be enough to get us food and water." I said.

The others nodded and we got up and looked for somewhere to eat. There wasn't a lot around but eventually we found somewhere. We bought some food and sat down at one of the tables and ate. I noticed the man behind the counter looking at us and I instantly pulled Jiyeon closer to me. The man walked over to us.

"Were you the people who appeared on the street last night?" He asked.

"Yes." I said quietly.

"It's a shame.. You all look so young.." Said the man and he sighed. "How old are you all?"

"We're all 16." I said.

"How did you end up on the street?" He asked.

"It's a long story.. But basically, we ran away from home because we weren't accepted there.." I said, not wanting to say more.

"Ah.. Good luck to you all then.. If you ever want food, you can come here. I won't charge you any money." He said.

"That is very kind of you." I said, smiling at the man.

He bowed and went back behind the counter. When we were done eating, we thanked the man and left.

"I think we should look for somewhere to stay around here.. Because we could come here every day and eat." Soyeon said.

"Hm.. Good point.. But we have to get money, and right now we barely have anything." I said.

I heard a small gasp from Jiyeon. "I know what we can do!"

"What is it?" I asked.

"Street dancing in a busy place. We are all quite good at dancing, and everyone loves street performers." Jiyeon said.

"That.. That is the best idea ever!" Boram squealed.

"We have a problem though. We need something to play music." I said.

"...Wait there." Qri said, then she ran off.

Half an hour later, Qri wasn't back.

"Do you think she's lost?" Soyeon asked.

Boram shook her head. "Qri is smart. She knows her way around."

Fifteen minutes later, Qri was back with a radio.

"Where did you get that?" Soyeon asked.

"I went to the radio store and begged the owner to give me one and he did." Qri said quietly.

"Let's go then." I said and we slowly ventured into town.