chapter two.

Opposite Worlds

 

 

 

{ Chapter Two }

 

“That would be $3.” The driver informed Dongwoo, cutting him out of his daze.

He blinked for a few times, maybe letting his senses come back to him before scramming through the biggest bag he carried since the money was there. “Here you go! $3!” He said enthusiastically. Dongwoo quickly carried his stuff and headed out, making sure he looked good, using his reflection on the cab as his mirror.

 

“This is it!” He grinned. The cab drove away, the driver saying a quick “Good luck!” to Dongwoo. He felt like this is the moment he has been waiting for. “I’m Jang Dongwoo and whoever hired me as a personal driver is the luckiest person ever!” He chuckled, looking around the front yard.

 

It had luscious green, well-trimmed bushes, the flowers were all blooming and pleasing to the eyes. His grin grew wider on his face as he made his way to the door. Making sure his hand was clean, Dongwoo clenched his fist and gently knocked.

 

…. Nothing. After a few minutes, nothing, no one, opened the door.

“Anyone home?” He asked, knocking again. And again. Still nothing.

 

His shoulders immediately fell, just like all his expectations. He was turned around and was about to leave when the door opened.

 

“What are you?” The one who opened the door asked.

“What?!” Dongwoo repeated, turning around once again only to be met by a little girl carrying a tiny doll. He blinked. “Um… Hi. Is your mom or dad here?”

The girl suddenly went quiet, her grip on the doll tightened. “M-Mom?” Her voice quivered.

Dongwoo blinked again but much more faster this time. “Did I s-say something wrong?” Ironically, his voice seemed to mimic hers. The little girl suddenly disappeared but the door was opened wide enough for Dongwoo to peek inside. He saw her running to another girl, much more matured looking and seemed to be the same age as him.

“Unnie-yah, he asked about mom!” He heard the young girl’s voice echoing through the corridor.

“He?” Another voice spoke, making Dongwoo’s ears perk up. It was sweet to listen too and gave him a tingling feeling for no apparent reason. He heard footsteps nearing the door and he quickly moved away from the door, trying to look as if he was just standing there, doing nothing.

 

A head peeked from the door, totally startling Dongwoo, making him stumble a few steps back.

It was the girl he saw a while ago. She was pretty. No, that was an understatement.. She’s gorgeous. Her skin was white, way whiter than his. She had beautiful eyes that seem to sparkle when he looks at it. And her lips… She was so attractive. No doubt, Dongwoo was attracted to her in that second that he saw her face.

 

“Are you the guy that made my sister cry?” She said. Dongwoo felt like he was in heaven just from her voice. “YA!” The girl shouted at him. He was staring… Oops.

 

He quickly shook his head and gave a perfect 90-degree bow. “I didn’t mean to make her cry, miss!” Dongwoo looked back up to the pair of brown eyes that was watching him carefully.

She smiled apologetically and nodded. “Are you the new driver that dad hired?” She asked.

“Ah, ne! That’s me.” Dongwoo returned her smile.  “Jang Dongwoo~”

She extended a hand for him to shake. “Miyoung… Or Tiffany. Whatever you want.”

He chuckled shyly as he shook Tiffany’s hand, a light shade of pink slowly creeping uo to his cheeks but was quickly shaken off.

 

“I’m sorry at how Steph, my little sister, acted. She’s sensitive when it comes to mom.” She explained. Dongwoo listened but he had to admit that most of the things she said just went in and out of his ears. He was busy staring at the beautiful girl infront of him. Busy staring again.

 

He just answered with a nod. “So… Do you want to come in? I’ll show you where you’ll stay.” Tiffany said. The house keeper and their maid was off that day so she was left in charge.

 

“That would be nice, sure.” He smiled. She opened the door wider for him, saying nothing else as she walked up the stairs. Dongwoo quickly followed, carrying his luggage.

 

The house was indeed a mansion. The big crystal chandelier in the middle of the living room, the dark red carpet that covered the stairs, the furniture that looked more expensive than his things all together. Wow.

 

“This is your room.” Tiffany said, snapping him away from his train of thoughts. “If you have any questions and such… My room is just two doors away.” She said with a shy smile.

 

Dongwoo nodded. He opened the door and looked inside excitedly. He’s just a personal driver but his room is like a room of a family relative. Complete with a twin sized bed, his own tv and the windows give a perfect view of the front lawn.

 

“Settle in, okay? Your job will start tonight.” She said. Tiffany gave him one last smile before going to her room.

 

“Tonight. I better not blow this one.” He said in his mind as he made his way to his own room and started to unpack with tons of things running through his mind, all about what will happen tonight, his boss and his boss’ little sister. “Interesting first day you have, Mr. Jang.”