chapter one.

Opposite Worlds


{ Third POV

Chapter One }

 

“Son, promise me that you’ll do good there, okay?” Dongwoo’s mom smiled up at him, fixing the collar of his shirt. Today, Dongwoo was going to the city and stay with his new boss.

 

“I promise, mom.” He said with a soft chuckle. “I’ll call you every chance I get and I’ll update you with my work.” He reassured her.

 

His mom nodded and handed him his bag and things, most of it green since that was his favorite color. Dongwoo said goodbye to his mom and hugged her for the last time. “Remember what I said, okay? Don’t trust anyone easily. Just enjoy your job and don’t worry about your mom!” Mrs. Jang grinned as he gave him a gently squeeze.

 

“Don’t trust anyone easily. Got that.” He chuckled, heading for the door. His mom followed him while telling him different things that he should remember. “Mom, okay!” Dongwoo laughed. “I’ll be fine, promise.” He grinned.

 

 

He got on the bus. When the bus stops again, everything will be different. From a guy born and raised on the province, Gyeongi-do… Dongwoo was sure he will experience a lot of adjustments. He applied on an agency as a personal driver and he received a few weeks later telling him about the open spot at the country’s capital, Seoul.

 

 

After a couple of long hours at the bus, the LED sign in the middle of the bus came to life, signalling that we have indeed arrived at our destination.

With his luggage being dragged after him, Dongwoo looked around, trying to look for the way to where his work was. He grabbed his phone from his pocket and re-read the directions sent to him.

 

“Take a left at the corner after the Co-Ex Mall, go straight then left again. Just keep going straight until you find the private village at the right side. Go inside and look for house number 43. It’s big, it’s white and you’ll find it easily.”

 

“This is really hard…” He mumbled to himself as he got onto the taxi. Dongwoo told the driver where to go and as the car started to move, he felt his body relax. “Hi, I’m Jang Dongwoo. I’ll be your new driver from now on!” He talked to himself in a cheery tone, trying to come up with an introduction. “First impression is always important.” He thought.

“Hey. I’m Dongwoo. This handsome guy’s at your service.” He said in a ‘macho’ tone and tried to wink but only ended up to facepalm himself, embarrassment slowly sinking in from what he just did.

The taxi stopped and he immediately looked up. “Is it this, sir?” He asked politely, eyes bulging at the house infront of him. It was big. It was white… It was a freaking mansion.