Chapter 2

The Sunset

 

We sat there for a while, holding on to each other hand in hand as I rest my head on his shoulder. 
Walking along the beach chatting away to each other felt like heaven, a place that I did not want to leave. 
Time passed as we got lost in the moment, getting closer and closer. 
He knew a small place at the end of the promenade that was fairly quiet where we could go for a drink while we got to know each other, not that I didn't know everything already. 
When we got there we sat down on the deck looking out at all the boats in the harbour. He went to order some drinks as I listened to the waves that seemed to whisper his name ... Kai, Kai, Kai. I knew that he was something special from the moment he put my Alfonso on the table. As we were talking I couldn't help notice his flawless skin so gentle, his big beautiful brown eyes full of love and a kind heart and his lips oh how soft they looked if only I could kiss them...
We talked for what seemed like forever into the night until we noticed that it was 11:30 and we had been missing from the party for about 4 hours,
"Maybe we should head back, people will be worried" I said, he took my hand as we walked back towards the venue. He stopped as we were rushing back up the street towards the party venue, he took my hand and looked me in the eye, all I could think of was how I could loose myself in his gaze and how much my brain was telling me to kiss him, kiss his sweet lips, when he said:
"(Your name) you look so beautiful in the moonlight as it shimmers in your hair" he took his hand and combed it through my hair, butterflies filled my tummy, the noise of parties and cars got blocked out as if there was only me and him. I froze until ... He gently pressed his lips against mine, soft, gentle, warming. The kiss I had been waiting for for so long finally happened, I never wanted it to end.