The Answer to Your Question

You and I

*DONGJU POV*

“Oh my God! What exactly just happened?! Howon just confessed to me! I never thought that he would ever fall in love with me. I thought we will forever be like how we are.” I said to myself, walking back and forth in my room like crazy. Never, in my whole life, I ever thought that Howon will like me. Okay, once more. LEE HOWON LIKES ME!!! I really want to scream. Because, you know what? I like him, too. But I turned him down! Oh God, this is just great! Now, we will never be together.

I keep walking back and forth. I don’t know how long I have done my little ‘workout’. The sun has started to set in the east horizon and I’m still doing this weird act. I can’t sit still, okay. Everytime I tried, it would only last for a minute and I will begin to walk back and forth again. This is because of his confession and my stupid mistake to turn him down.

“Oh my God! What should I do?!” I said, well, more like shouted. I feel like my heart is jumping in my chest. Keeps and keeps on jumping. I don’t know what can make it stop. I feel really weird now. Weirder than any other weird things that I’ve ever experienced.

Finally, without me being able to hold it, I drag my feet to Howons house. What will I say to him? What if he doesn’t want to see me because I turned him down? Those questions keep playing in my mind. Truth to be told, I am nervous and afraid. I knock the front door as soon as I arrived there.

“Oh noona, what’s up?” Howon opened the door for me, making me freeze in place. I don’t know what’s wrong with me that make me so awkward. But the person in front of me looks as awkward as I am, making me a bit comforted.

“Howon-ssi, I am sorry to disturb you. But can you please bring me to the place you showed me today?” I said, not daring to look at him in the eye. And what’s with the formality? Am I crazy? Oh, God!

Howon stares at me long, with confusion clear in his eyes, making me more awkward than I already am. “Well, okay. But, that place is scary at night. Wait for me here, I’ll take the car key.” Finally he breaks the silence before he almost killed me with his stare. Thank God he didn’t ask about the formality. Tch…so embarassing.

Not long after, Howon comes out with a key in his hand and then we take off. No one speaks on our way there, making the situation really really awkward.

“Okay, we are here. But, why are we here axactly?” after a dreadful 30-minute, Howon finally spoke, breaking the silence.

“Let’s go to the river.” I said as I open the car door and try really hard to avoid his gaze. I walk directly to the river without actually waiting for Howon. “Well, you’re right. This place is really scary at night.” I said trembling. Yes, I am scared. It’s dark, okay. Ony the moonlight enlightens the place. Who won’t be scared?

“So, why would you want to be here?” Howon suddenly stands beside me, making me jump. It feels like my heart really wants to leave its place.

“You shocked me! Don’t do that! You know I’m scared of darkness.” I said holding my chest, as if preventing my heart from jumping out. He chuckles and holds me closer to him, making me calmer but more nervous all at the same time. “Well, do you still remember what you said this morning?” I asked him, trying to make myself even calmer. He suddenly lets go of his hold on me, shifting a bit away from me. Now, he looks nervous and awkward.

“Look noona, I’m sorry I said something like that. I know you must be shocked with what I said. So…”

“Do you mean it?” I asked again, cutting his little speech.

“Well, of course. But if you don’t like it, then, you can just forget it. Just, please stay with me. I don’t want you to ignore me because of this.” I smile a little hearing a hint of fear in his voice.

“No, I won’t ever forget it.” I said sternly, making his expression turns sad and he smiles bitterly. “Because I love you, too. Your love is returned.” I blurted out before he can let a word out his lips, and he freezes, his mouth is hanged open. I stare at him and giggle softly. His expression is so funny that it’s hard for me not to laugh. The scary, dark, place is already long forgotten by me as my sight and mind are only on the guy in front of me.

“You like me? Really? I’m not dreaming, am I?” Howon said a bit too excited. Happiness and joy are clear on his face.

“Hmm...no, you’re not. I don’t know for how long I’ve been waiting for you to say it. And I’m sorry about this morning. I’m just too shocked.” I giggle. Suddenly Howon pulls me hard and hugs me tight, making me left shocked.

“Thanks, noona. Really, thank you. I will protect you, I promise. I’m not the crybaby Howon anymore, you know?” a smile creeps up my face hearing every word coming out of his lips.

“Make me believe that.” And with that said, I encircle my hands on his body and rest my head on his chest, returning his embrace.

 

----------------------------

 

*AUTHOR POV*

2 years later.

The bell in the church rings with the sound of piano resonating the whole building of the church, welcoming a beautiful lady in her long white dress. She has a full make up on her face making her already pretty face becomes prettier. In her hands, she holds a bucket of red roses, and a smile is plastered on her face. A tall guy, with white tuxedo and a red necktie, is waiting for her at the end of the isle with a wide smile on his handsome face.

He offers his hand to the lady when she arrives in front of him, waiting for her to accept his hand, and then brings her to the altar to pledge their promise to live together forever in front of God and all these people in the church.

“Dongju noona, Next year we should get married like them. I’m proposing you now. Will you marry me?” in the ocean of men, a guy whispers to the lady beside him.

“Ssstt….be quiet. And I don’t want to be proposed like this. Don’t you have more romantic way to propose me? You confessed your love to me by river in the forest. And now, you are proposing me at someone else’s wedding? Why are you so , Howon-ah?” Dongju glares at Howon, annoyed.

“Sorry, noona. I really am not a romantic type of guy. But, okay. I’ll try to think of some special way. I promise.” Howon said looking sorry and guilty. He really is not romantic.

“You better do or I’ll find another man.” Dongju threatens while holding in her giggle, making the guy flinches. Well, who knows when they will get married?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N......................................

so, here comes a crappy ending..kkk sorry for that..

I, myself, am not really satisfied with this story..but, oh well..hehe

I decided to post this a day earlier, since I became impatient..hohoho

so, how do you guys think about this?

COMMENTS ARE LOVED!!^^ toodles~^^