Will you be My Girlfriend?

You and I

*Howon POV*

“Good morning, Dongju noona.” I whispered softly right on the sleeping girl’s left ear, which of course won’t wake her up. She is a heavy sleeper, after all. I stare at her sleeping face, smiling stupidly. She looks so peaceful, calm, and… beautiful, making it hard for me to tear away my eyes on her. Staring her like this, I don’t even know since when, has become a weird habit of mine. There is some kind of joy that creeps in me that makes me feel perfect.

Dongju noona and I are best friends and we’ve known each other since forever. Our parents are close friends since high school and it, automatically, makes us close, too. And since we are neighbor, I won’t ever miss a day in visiting her house.

Ever since I was a kid, I always follow her around. She is like my guardian angel. And, I don’t know since when, I started to like her. But there is something that makes it hard for me to confess my feeling for her and make her mine. For her, I’m just a little brother. Well, that is what she always tells me, and she always treats me like a little kid. Perhaps, that is because I am younger than her. But does a year difference is a very big difference? I don’t understand.

I admit it that when I was a kid, she was the one who always watched over me, and protected me from the bullies. She was s a bit tomboy and didn’t afraid of anything, except darkness and ghosts, even until now. And I was a little weak boy who was afraid of everything. But I’m not anymore. I am now brave and even taller and bigger than her. I can protect her now. But she still treats me like a kid and always tries to protect me.

“Good morning, Howon-ah. You are already here as always. Sorry, it’s always hard for me to wake up early.” Her soft voice and giggles bring me out from my pool of thoughts. A beautiful smile curved on her beautiful, just-woke-up, face. She stretches on her bed, trying to gather up her remaining soul that is still in the dream land.

“It’s okay. Now get up and get ready. I want to bring you to another beautiful place today.” I smile and pull her up from her bed, pushing her toward the bathroom. She turns around and looks at me before she steps inside.

“You, get out!” She said, pointing at her room door. I smile as I walk to the door.

“Exactly when will you forget my existence in your room everytime you want to take a bath?” I said playfully and step out of the room imediatelly before any weird things fly and hit my head.

___________________________________________________________________

 

*Author POV*

Howon turns the car on and move it out of the terrace. Today is so beautiful just like what he has expected. The sun shines so brightly, birds are flying around the sky happily, flowers blooming, and the most important thing is the face of the girl beside him is so bright, defeating the sunlight.

“Where are we going, exactly? In which part of the world have you found this place?” Dongju asked with curious tone. Howon really found a lot of beautiful places, which is unknown to her how he actually found it. Those places never stop appearing one by one. It was just two months ago he brought her to a seashore in Busan that is so hiden, but really beautiful. He always finds beautiful things, which remain secret how he does.

“Noona, just sit there and be calm. I’ll bring you to a very beautiful place. You’ll like it.” Howon smiles and glances at the girl beside him. Dongju sighs. She really is curious but, then, she stays quiet and doesn’t ask for more. She trusts him.

“Tadaaa~ we’re here!” Howon said after about 30 minutes of driving, a bit too loud and looking excited. A smile plasters on his face. They both get off the car, with Dongju following every step Howon takes into the tall bushes. Yeah~ that’s how his secret places are. They are like castles inside a scary forest.

Finally they arrived to a side of a stream that is so clean with the water flows producing sweet sound. An amazement emmited from Dongju’s face as she stares at the view in front of her. This place is the most beautiful of all. Even more beautiful than the other places he had shown her. There are fishes seen, swimming delightfully under the clear water, and birds flying and chirping happily on the sky above. There are even squirels climbing the tree. Just like a living painting.

“Woaahh~” that was the only word that Dongju can produce. She is really, very, amazed with this place.

“Well, I named this place confession, because in this place I want to confess something to you. Something really important.” Howon said a bit uneasy. There is a trace of doubt in his voice.

”Hmm…? What is that? What other sin have you committed to me?” Dongju giggles. She is, of course, curious about the ‘confession’ that Howon will do, but it’s funny to see him acts like this.

“Actually, I’ve found this place long ago. But I decided, then, that I will keep it a secret and only show it to someone special. To the girl I like.” This time, his voice trembled a bit, showng that he is nervous.

“Wow~ I’m so happy to be your special someone. But….” Dongju’s words are stopped by her own realization of what Howon just said. “Wait a second. The girl you like? What does that mean?”

“Well, I guess you understand it very clearly, noona. I like you. No, I love you. I don’t even when it started, but I have been since long ago. Ever since we were kids, you always protect me. But from now on, please let me be the one protecting you.” Howon stops a bit, looking at Dongju intently. He is contemplating whether or not he should continue what he wants to say, seeing that Dongju only freezes there, looking like she has stopped brething. But he does it anyway. “Noona, will you be my girlfriend?” Finally he said it, after gathering up all of his courage.

Silence………..

No one speaks. Dongju is just too shocked with what she just heard. Howon just confessed his love for her! Really, it feels like her heart would want to stop.

And more silence that makes both of them uneasy. It feels like it kills them both.

“Howon-ah, I’ve done looking around. This is a really beautiful place, but can we go home now? I’m a bit tired.” Dongju finally let her voice out without really answering Howon’s question. She turns around then walks to the direction of the car, and waits for Howon there. Her mind is in a mess. She just can’t believe with what just happened.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N....................................

tadaaaa~ hehe the first chap is up..sorry if it is a bit crappy......

but, I still hope you like it, though..hehehe *hide*

and the second chap will be up next sunday~^^

I’ve finished with it actually..I just like to make you wait..lol

I’m currently on holiday, which means a lot of free time.. *party*

that is why I’m writing a lot to kill time..I’ve even already working on a new short fic now..hehehe

anyway, enough with my blabbering..tell me what you think about this chappie~~~

COMMENTS ARE LOVED!!^^ toodles~^^