the Truth

Seoul Searching /hiatus

Okay I lied, I didn't just leave because of all that stuff about Koreans and white kids.  The real reason.. my mom offered me a trip to Korea for the summer to stay with my dad.  Enjoy the food, art, culture and explore my roots.

At the time she offered this to me, I was in a year long on and off relationship with this Daniel Chae boy.  We got into many many fights but always made up.  We promised eachother that we'd move out together and have a life together, not exactly getting married though.  So for sure I was against going to Korea and leaving him behind. 

But then, we got into a fight, and i just wanted to get away.  Luckily my mom had already bought the ticket (she was going to force me to go).

So here I am, alone in a place which I am almost foreign to me.  I don't have my mom to talk to me, my so-called friends and me ex-boyfriend.

I miss him, but now we're apart and I only have him in my heart.  I still feel lonely though, because there's no one to talk to me and make me feel safe like he would.  I really miss him, but i can't turn back time.  I can't make the fight that broke us up go away and if only i could of not said those words, then it would of been okay.

I know i'll be jealous when I find out he's found someone else to love.. The worst part of the future is that i'm afraid we'll forget eachother and the good memories we had together.

He once said to me How can you sleep so well after a fight?  

He doesn't know that i cry myself to sleep those nights we fight.

I would usually wake up happy, happy that I would try to make up for what I said and did to make us fight, but now it's differernt.  I'm all the way across the world from him.

--

the promise

"Hello?"  Jinkyun said.  The other line was silent.

"I wanna break up, I can't take it anymore.. " Daniel said with a cold, monotone voice.

She laughed. "You're joking right?" It was silent.

"I met someone better, someone that believes in my dreams, someone that understands me" His voice quivered.

Jinkyuns heart stopped, was she hearing this right, he found someone else?

"Just, just come and get your things.  My sister will let you in, I don't want to see you"

He hung up.

Jinkyun started crying, crying her heart out because she thought that they'd be together for a long time.  Remembering that they said they wouldn't leave eachother unless it was necessary. 

She grabbed her jacket and left for his house which was a 30 minute bus away.  It was a cold winter afternoon, dry and just a typical Canadian winter.  As she sat on the bus she looked through their pictures on her camera.  She was a camera junkie so she brought it everywhere.  They had so many memories together, from being best friends for over 3 years then to finally dating.

When she got to his house, the lights were all off.  The sun was down and the cold wind blew.  She knocked onthe door and sure enough his younger sister opened the door.  

"Hey Christina.. Daniel told me to come by" She already wiped her tears away and put a front up so she wouldn't cry.

"Uh.. yea come in" She said slowly. "Daniel, someone's here for you!"

Jinkyun walked to the living room and sat down.  Christine just went back into her room.

The wait felt for hours but it was only a few seconds, then someone started coming down from the stairs.

Angela?!  Her bestfriend walked out of his room.  Was she the knew girl?

Then he walked out, whispered something into her ear making her go back into his bed.

"Hey" He said.  Jinkyun nodded and tried to smile. "Just wait here, i'll get find the stuff downstairs"\

He walked downstairs and Jinkyun sat there crying.  After a couple minutes he called her down to get it, saying she had too many things.

Slowly she got up, and marched down.  Half way down she noticed the lights were off and that there was a dim light coming from the basement.  A couple more steps down and she finally noticed, there were candles going down the flight of stairs.  More tears started to swell up in her eyes.  When she finally got down, there was a path and an arrow telling her to walk more.  When she got to the end there was a heart shaped in candles, and the number 200 writted inside with candles.

Daniel walked out from behind the corner with a suit on and a single red rose. "Surprise?" He had a sheepish smile on.

The lights and all of their friends rushed in.

"Happy 200th anniversary!" 

Usually, anniversaries would be held with just the couple but Daniel felt that he needed to make a big impact so he made sure their friends were there with him.  Especially since they missed their 100th day because he had exams.  

Angela came down the stairs and hugged the confused and crying Jinkyun.  "Don't worry, we're not together.. he just needed an idea to trick you"

Jinkyun couldn't say anything, all she could do was cry happy tears.

-

After everyone left, Danile and Jinkyun finally had some time alone.

"Don't even do that again" Jinkyun said punching Daniel's arm.

"I won't, I promise!" He stuck out his pinky for a pinky promise. 

That night they promised eachother that they wouldn't break up for stupid reasons and would always try to resolve their fights after 'sleeping' on it.

--

I miss you, my Daniel Chae.

 

-------------------

:) First chapter done!

Sorry if there is mistakes, I don't have time to edit it right now ~

It's summer so i'll try to write more chapters & start my other 2 stories i have that have been sitting around for a long time : |

Comments please ? <3

-pinkpolaroid