Here We Go Again

Here We Go Again

 

       "You're always too self-confident," Dara pointed out.

       "Because I actually have something to be confident about. Unlike some people," Jiyong replied angrily.

       "The way you talk and rap is weird and abnormal."

       "The way you talk is too normal and doesn't stand out."

       "Your fans are unreasonably possessive. What's so good about you?"

       "That's because they love me that much. You're just jealous."

       "Hey, I have my own fans that love me!"

       "Not as much as my fans love me."

       The rest of 2NE1 and Big Bang sat at the lunch table with them, quietly eating their food. They would occasionally raise a tired eyebrow at the two, who were yelling at the top of their lungs across the table. They continued arguing about pointless things that no one really cared about.

       CL suddenly groaned loudly, annoyed at their constant babbling. Dara and Jiyong both stopped and sent death glares in her direction. Seungri stepped in front of her protectively. Their angry faces turned into amused ones when they saw Seungri's attempt at his "knight in shining armor" act. CL snorted, pushing Seungri over and sitting back down to finish her lunch.

       Two pairs of chopsticks suddenly slammed onto the table and everyone jumped in surprise.

       "I'm finished with my lunch," Dara stated, not scared by Jiyong's intimidating glare.

       "I finished before you did," Jiyong replied firmly.

       Dara scoffed. "Yeah, right." She looked at her watch. "I have to go see Teddy because I take my job seriously."

       "Are you saying that I don't take my job seriously? I work more than you do!" They both stood up and followed each other to the trash bin, where they disposed of their wrappers and napkins together, their defiant eyes never leaving each other the entire time. They walked out of the cafeteria and suddenly loud voices could be heard again from the hallway. Dara turned left and Jiyong turned right, but nothing could stop these two.

       "I HATE YOU!" Jiyong yelled over his shoulder.

       "I HATE YOU MORE!" Dara shouted back.

       Collective groans were heard in the cafeteria, and six heads slumped onto the table.

       "How do they not get tired of this? Every single DAY!" Bom mumbled into her arms. Her boyfriend just grunted in response.

 

 

 

 

       "Okay guys! We are going to have lots of fun now that we're here in Jeju together! NO ARGUING!" Bom emphasized, pointedly looking at the fuming Dara and Jiyong. Dara was looking to her left, arms crossed across her chest. Jiyong was looking to his right, clenching his fists by his side. CL looked at the two and sighed helplessly.

       "Bom, I don't think you can do anything about them. They're hopeless," she said. Minzy popped out from behind Daesung and vigorously nodded in agreement. Bom exhaled.

       "They have to sort things out. I'm making them room together while we're here. Besides, we all want private time with our boyfriends/girlfriends. They're the only two left," she stated with authority.

       "WHAT?!" Seungri jumped in shock.

       "Don't worry. They're gonna be on the other side of the hotel. We won't be able to hear them yell at each other like the world is ending," Bom reassured. "I honestly think they have the hots for each other or something. They just don't want to admit it."

       "I agree," TOP added. "Why else would they be so dead-set on arguing with each other so much? If they actually hate each other, they might as well just shut up and never talk to each other again." Seungri stopped fidgeting nervously and looked up to the ceiling as if in deep thought. He began to nod more and more excitedly, his anxiety about the rooming arrangements completely wiped out.

       "Looks like Seungri got your point," CL said. "Let's all go up to our rooms before his head falls off."

 

 

 

 

       Dara and Jiyong stumbled into the hotel room, breathing heavily after pulling their heavy luggage across the hotel and pushing each other around at the same time.

       "You have way too much luggage. Stingy," Jiyong spat once he settled on his bed near the window.

       "I have a heart and I like to use things my fans give me. Even if they take up more space," Dara replied defensively. "I want that bed. Get off."

       "No," Jiyong said, rolling to his right side so his back faced Dara. Dara stomped over to him and yanked hard on his left arm, pulling him backward and off the edge of the bed. She immediately crawled on and closed her eyes.

       "Ow! Where did you get so much strength, you man-woman?!" Jiyong said, rubbing his left shoulder.

       "You're just a weakling," Dara retorted, her eyes still closed. Jiyong breathed deeply in an attempt to calm himself before walking over to the other bed near the bathroom and lying down. Dara heard him pull the blankets over himself, and she opened her eyes, staring at the ceiling.

       "Maybe this isn't a good idea," she said quietly.

       "Everything you do isn't a good idea," Jiyong mumbled tiredly.

       "Seriously though. We're gonna be living together for a couple of days. Maybe we should stop fighting," Dara reasoned, turning her head to the left to look at Jiyong. Surprised, he opened his eyes.

       "Really?" he asked, sitting up.

       "I actually, kind of, uh..." Dara began, her face flushing. She rolled to her side to avoid looking at Jiyong's face. Jiyong just looked at her back, confused. "I...I have a reason, you know," she finished.

       "Huh?" Jiyong questioned, still lost.

       "A reason. To argue with you all the time," Dara continued, her face becoming increasingly pink.

       "Wha...?" Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows, trying to decipher what Dara was trying to say.

       "I like you!" she blurted, covering upon hearing Jiyong's shocked gasp. "I really like you and so I have to talk to you because if I don't talk to you then you don't talk to me and I want you to talk to me because I like you except my brain makes me say mean things for some reason and then you say mean things back and it hurts but it's okay because at least you're talking to me!" All of the nonsense rolled off of her tongue so quickly that Jiyong could only blink in a daze. Dara exhaled, relieved that she finally let out her feelings, even if he didn't understand a word she said.

       Jiyong snapped out of his trance and smiled widely, his cool and manly image completely dissolving. He happily jumped out from underneath his covers and hopped onto Dara's bed, startling her. She sat up and turned toward him, squeaking in surprise when he enveloped her in a tight, warm hug. He pulled out from the hug and put both of his hands on her shoulders.

       "I like you too!" he confessed excitedly. Dara blinked in astonishment for a couple of long seconds. Her bottom lip began to quiver and she bit on it nervously.

       "We don't have any plans for today, right?" she managed to choke out. Jiyong nodded, still unnaturally excited. Dara's frozen expression melted and she grinned from ear to ear. She threw her thin arms around Jiyong and rubbed her face into his neck. Jiyong, slowly but surely, wrapped his arms around her waist, making her feel unbelievably blissful. After a couple of minutes, she decided to speak.

       "I've never felt so warm and fuzzy inside before."

       "Me neither. I like it."

       "I like you."

       "I like you too. A lot."

 

 

 

 

       The next morning, six people were sitting in a private room in the hotel dining hall, preparing for the worst.

       "Bom, I told you they shouldn't have roomed together. Look at us! We're like a big pack of scaredy-cats!" Seungri whined, pretending to cry. Bom just pressed her lips into a thin line, nervously looking at the door and waiting for the two bombs to go off. Minzy anxiously looked at her watch.

       "Why is everything so quiet? They should've been up two hours ago!" she asked no one in particular. Suddenly, the doorknob twisted and their heads all snapped up to the closed door.

       "Why aren't they yelling at each other?" Daesung whispered, confused. His confusion deepened when he saw G-Dragon and Sandara Park walk in, holding hands. They both had huge smiles stretched across their faces, and it was clear that they had a good night's sleep.

       "What the hell is going on..." CL muttered, her eyes wide.

       "Hi everyone!" Dara cheerily greeted, pulling Jiyong into the room and sitting down next to him at the circular table.

       "Hi?" TOP answered with uncertainty. "So, uh...what happened last night?" Bom became full of suspicion when she saw her best friend suddenly look down to hide her undoubtedly burning face.

       "We're together! Surprise!" Jiyong announced proudly. He was greeted by a room of silence and disbelief.

       "I KNEW IT!" Bom suddenly stood up, her chair almost falling over behind her. She pointed at the pair accusingly. Dara looked up, bewildered.

       "What?! How?!" she asked.

       Bom shrugged indifferently, sitting back down. "I dunno. Just had a hunch, I guess," she replied.

       "But"

       "What exactly happened last night?" Seungri hastily cut off Dara's reply.

       "Dara said she liked me. I said I liked her too. Tada!" Jiyong answered, smiling at his new girlfriend beside him. She looked back at him, acting offended.

       "More like I said I liked you and then followed that up with a really long speech about how much I liked you!" she said defiantly.

       "I was the one that took the initiative to go over to your bed!" Jiyong responded.

       "I was the one that confessed first!"

       "I hugged you first!"

       Minzy looked on in disbelief. "You have got to be kidding me. They're doing it again!" She made exaggerated hand motions in their direction before giving up and laying her head on Daesung's shoulder.

       "Oh my god, they actually are arguing again," CL breathed out. Complaints were heard around the room, and six heads once again fell onto the large, circular breakfast table.

       "I LOVE YOU!"

       "I LOVE YOU MORE!"

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~