I Met Them

My Husband's Cousins [Edited]

Gif is not mine. Got it from Google :)

italicised grey = flashback


“Ohh! Oppa! Look! Your cousins,” you exclaim, dragging your husband of two years, Kim Sunggyu to a pet store.

Yes, you are married to the leader of one of K-pop’s hottest boy band, Infinite, Kim Sunggyu and now you are 5 months pregnant with his child though you don’t know the gender. No matter how much Sunggyu begs you to find out, you simply will not let him have it. You will love the child, girl or boy. You let Sunggyu determine the name of your child though, which seems just fine for him.

And now the two of you are out walking much to the dismay of your husband.

“You’re heavily pregnant! What if you over-stress yourself and affect the baby?”

“Oppa are you cursing me?”

“No but I’m worried! You’re supposed to relax!”

“Oppa. 5 months is not ‘heavily pregnant’. And how do you expect me to relax if I’m cooped up at home?”

“But walking will make you tired! And it can affect the baby!”

“My mood will affect the baby. And I’m getting stressed up and really annoyed staying cooped up at home. Alone.”

“But… You have to rest! And walking is not resting!”

“I have to relax. And walking helps me relax.”

“But…”

“I’m already dressed and I have my purse here, so I’m going out. No more buts.”

Sunggyu crouches down, head down, both his hands by his head. The same pose he does everytime he loses an argument or feels frustrated. You on the other hand, grabs your keys from the table behind the door.

“Are you coming?”

“Ahh.. Yes,” he quickly follows you. “I hope our baby doesn’t inherit your stubborn trait,” he softly whispers behind you.

“Yes?”

“Ahh.. Nothing..”

And that is how you end up along the streets near your area.

The two of you are walking and just enjoying each other’s company when you spot something interesting.

“Ohh! Oppa! Look! Your cousins!”

“Ehh? Where?” Sunggyu asks in confusion as he looks around, looking for at least one of his relatives.

“There! Aigoo, Oppa! Your cousins are so cute! What happened to you?”

Sunggyu looks at you only to find you knocking on a glass display in a pet store. Inside the display are 2 adorable little………….. You guessed it! Hamsters! A brown hamster and a white one. He immediately laughs out loud when he realises what you were referring to. The two hamsters that are running around scurry to the glass when you knock.

Suddenly, you stand and bow.

“Nice to meet you, I am Y/N, Sunggyu’s wife,” you say politely as if you are talking to his family members.

Sunggyu looks at you in confusion. Fans that are around immediately notice the two of you and freeze, watching the scene that is taking place. Some are taking pictures while others are recording.

Oblivious to your surroundings, you crouch back down, still looking at the hamsters.

“Ohh? You’re Mimi and Lulu? Oppa never told me about you before. Nice to meet you,” you give a slight bow.

Sunggyu is starting to get embarrassed and some of his fans are chuckling at how cute you are, talking to his ‘hamster cousins’.

“Come on, dear. Let’s go. Let’s not make a commotion here,” Sunggyu tries to pull you away from the pet shop and his embarrassment.

“Commotion? I don’t see any commotion here. I’m talking to your cousins. Why didn’t you ever mention them,” you turn back to the hamsters.

You continue ‘talking’ to your husband’s ‘cousins’, “Oh really? Oppa your name is actually Gugu? Ehh? He changed his name because he’s embarrassed of you? Oppa, why are you embarrassed of your relatives? They’re adorable! Ehh?! He’s embarrassed of his blood? Oppa,” you look at him, feigning disappointment. He crouches down, head down, hands by his head, his signature frustrated pose.

You turn back to his ‘cousins’. “Lulu-sshi, Mimi-sshi, I am truly sorry for my husband’s behaviour. I will talk to him later. Yes, don’t worry. I am very sorry. Ehh?! He didn’t even invite you to our wedding,” You sigh loudly and look down, feigning embarrassment for your husband. You look back at his cousins one last time, and with one deep bow, you apologize again and bid farewell. Then you turn to your husband with a you-are-in-deep-trouble-mister look. He just looks at you in confusion, eyes wide, both hands out with palms up, and mouth in a “wha?” shape.

The whole time, his fans who are around are either trying to hide their amused laughter or laughing their heads off. What made the ‘conversation’ all the more real was that the two hamsters you were ‘talking’ to stayed at the glass, scrunching their noses trying to sniff the glass, making it seem as if they were actually conversing with you, and as soon as you bid them farewell, they went back to running around.

“Oh my 4D wife. You should really stop hanging around Sungyeol and Woohyun. And Dongwoo. And Hoya.”

“Why? They’re fun to be with,” you pout.

“Because I don’t want my baby to be 4D too.”

“So your baby’s more important than your wife now? I see.”

“You know that’s not what I mean.”

“I think I know what you mean, Oppa. First you don’t invite your cousins to our wedding, now your baby is more important. Are you embarrassed of me, Oppa?”

“What? Why would you say that? The both of you are important to me.”

“What about your cousins? Why didn’t you invite them to our wedding?”

“I was never told about them!”

You stop walking. Sunggyu stops as well, and looks at you in confusion. You look up at him and he realises what he just said.

“Wait what? Why did I say that? What did you make me say? Ahh!”

He does his frustrated pose again. You smile and give him a peck on his temple. He looks up at you, and you smile even wider, “Looks like I’m not the only one who has to stay away from those boys huhh,” you walk away happily, having tricked your beloved husband.

“Ahh! What am I going to do with you,” he shouts as he ruffles his hair in frustration.

You turn around and walk backwards while shouting back, “The only thing you CAN do.”

He stares at you, confused.

“Love me, of course,” you shrug your shoulders, turn back around and start to skip.

“Yah! Don’t do that,” he scolds you as he runs to you.

You skip even more just to annoy him.

“Yah! I said don’t do that,” he finally catches you and holds you down like a father would to his 5-year-old daughter on sugar rush. He holds your hand tight all the way back home.

That night, Sunggyu’s members call you up and praise you, saying that you are ‘daebak’, ‘jjang’, and definitely part of the Infinite family. When you reply with confusion, they tell you to surf the net which you do, and find the hot topic of the day; videos of your conversation with Sunggyu’s ‘cousins’. There are adorable comments saying that you have definitely learned a lot from the Infinite gang, that they love you even more after that, and that you are definitely part of the Infinite family. Of course, there are negative comments saying that you were only trying to act cute and trying to win hearts by pretending to be cute, but you being you ignored that, and Inspirits being Inspirits quickly thumbed down those comments and mark them as spam.

Sunggyu, as always, is crouched down in one corner of the room, head down, fists on his temples.