Part II

Just Another Lie

Jaeseop's POV

:::

Today was the the day. The day Kevin would be mine forever. He had went out with some friends earlier, telling me they were just old classmates. Although I wasn't necessarily fond of him going out, it gave me time to prepare for our one year anniversary. I had made reservations to one of the top restaurants in all of Seoul. I already had an outfit picked for the night. Everything was ready.
I sat at the kitchen table and stared at the little, red box. In less than eight hours, Kevin would have put his life in my hands and vice versa. My lips began to curve up at the corners. Everything seemed too good to be true. Kevin, my angel, would be mine for all eternity. No one would be able to steal him away. 

:::

He smiled at me. Held my hand. Kissed me. Everything was perfect during dinner. But, it was almost time for the grand finale of the evening. Aside from what would be happening in the bedroom that is. 
I called for the check, paying for the meal, allowing the waiter to keep the change. I was too eager to waste any time. I wanted this more than anything. I took Kevin out the restaurant. There was a cool ambiance in the air, yet it wasn't too cold. Intertwining our fingers together, I lead Kevin to an open park with lights all along the pathway. There wasn't many people, considering it was already very late. It was exactly what I was hoping for.

Kevin kept his eyes on the ground as we walked, watching his foot movements. I glanced at him every now and then, sensing something wasn't right. I have always sensed this when I was around Kevin, but I had never brought it up, afraid it would upset him. I definitely didn't want to bring it up on this night, but the feeling would never disperse if I didn't say anything now.

"Hey, angel..." I kept my voice soft as I made him turn to face me. "Is something on your mind?"

He looked me in the eyes and simply said that nothing was wrong. That feeling had begun to grow, but I pushed it to the back of my mind once more, wanting to focus on what I was really supposed to do. I smiled at him, gently pressing my lips to his. I didn't hold it for too long. I pulled away, his cheek with my thumb as I gazed into his beautiful eyes. 

"You know I love you, right?" I said softly before taking a small step back. He nodded.

"Kevin..." I slipped my hand into the pocket of my jacket where the tiny box sat, it suddenly feeling as if it weighed a ton. "I...am ready to take this step."

I knelt down on one knee, holding the box up. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you." I looked into his eyes, waiting for some sort of reaction. "Will you marry me?"

He stared at me. He was speechless, that was for certain. But, his faced showed no expression. I bit my lip a little, waiting for the answer. The silence was making me nervous...anxious. Then, Kevin looked away from me. He shoved his hands into the pocket of his jacket and took a deep breath. "Sorry, Jaeseop.. But, I can't do that."

My heart skipped a beat. I was hoping, praying that I had heard him wrong. We both loved each other. And I understood that maybe I was moving too quickly for him. He simply wasn't ready yet. We'd just wait until the right time to spend the rest of our lives together. That's right. That's what it was.

"I'm already engaged." Kevin took his hand out of his pocket, showing me a silver ring with an engraving on the inside. A date. A week after we had gotten together. Kevin had been seeing someone else. He had been holding hands with another man. Smiling at another man. Kissing another man. And I was oblivious to it all. I had fallen for his lies. Telling me he was with friends and family. Telling me he was just going shopping. I fell for it all. He humiliated me. Made a fool of me. 

"I love him more. So...we can't be together anymore, Jaeseop..." He slipped the ring on. It fit perfectly on him. 

"Who is it..?"  My voice was hoarse. I felt tears fill my eyes. Yet, my blood was boiling. I felt anger rising in me. Whoever it was, I was going to kill him. No one was going to take my Kevin away. 

"...Shin Soohyun." 

Shin Soohyun? Automatically, the name hit me. Soohyun had been one of our close friends during school. It was obvious he had feelings for Kevin. The two were very close. But, in the end, I was the one who asked Kevin out. I should be the one waiting at the end of the aisle. I clenched my fist. The thought angered me. Why hadn't I ever seen them together? It didn't make any sense.

"I did love you, Jaeseop. But...you became clingy. You became obsessed. I can't be with you anymore." Kevin took steps back. "Goodbye."

I stood up, watching my lover grow more and more distant. This had to be a dream. I would wake up, and Kevin would be sleeping beside me in my arms. I shut my eyes, biting my lip until it began to the bleed. My lip began to sting, and I felt pain. I fell to my knees, uncontrollable sobs spilled from inside as I gripped my hair tight. He was gone.

My Kevin was gone.

 

 

 

 

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

 

 

 

 

Months passed, and I still couldn't forget about Kevin. He was my everything. But, every time I thought of him seeing Shin Soohyun, I wanted to hit something. Preferably Soohyun's face. I gathered all of the pictures we took together. Printed his selcas out I found on twitter. All over the walls were pictures of him. Pictures of us. I stared at the it for hours, praying that he would walk back through the door and hold me. Tell me he loved me. Then, we could start over. We'd get married and live a happy life together. A life where Soohyun and no one else would be able to interfere. This was supposed to be our story. 

I grabbed a bottle of vodka from the fridge. I didn't remember when I had started drinking again, but every time I did drink, it set my mind at ease. Enough for me to be able to sleep at night. I kicked away empty pizza boxes and take-out boxes. If Kevin were here, he'd have cooked dinner instead. We'd eat, and he would tell me about his day. Then we would cuddle on the couch for a little before heading off to bed to make love, if we were in the mood. But, that was all lost.
Clearly, my life had gone downhill. All my 'friends' had gone to Kevin's side. They all believed Soohyun was the better man. I never contacted my family or anyone for that matter. I had spent my days thinking of Kevin. Wondering what he was doing...If he was ever going to come back to me. It was only a few weeks before that I had come back to my senses. I had to step in. I had to take my Kevin back.

I checked the clock. It was time. I left the bottle of vodka on the table and slipped on my suit jacket. I looked in the mirror, making sure I looked presentable. I had trimmed my hair and shaved my growing beard. I fixed my tie before slipping on a pair of dress shoes and leaving the place. It had taken me almost an hour to get to my destination, but I had arrived at the perfect. I stood in front of the large double doors. I couldn't hear anything beyond them but the voice of a single man. Perfect timing. Just as I predicted. I took a deep breath, feeling anger rising in me as I pictured what was beyond these doors. My Kevin standing with another man.

I burst through the double doors. Interrupting their special day. Their wedding.

:::

I.. didn't proofread or anything. So, sorry for the mistakes. It's already 3am.