I Try to Hide it

I Wanna Be With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The teen's eyes roamed around the hospital room, taking in the cream-colored walls and the TV in one corner that was playing some random show. Her hands played with the edges of the bandages wrapped around her head as her eyes came to rest on her leg that was encased in a cast and hung up in a sling, her teeth biting at her bottom lip. She began to sit up only to cry out in pain and remain laying down. The girl placed a hand on her ribs and realized that she had bandages there, too, beneath the hospital gown. At this point her heart was beating fast and she felt panicked. She didn't know why she was hurt this badly, or where she was exactly, or what was going on. Tears were beginning to build up behind her eyelids, threatening to spill as she opened her eyes to stare at the ceiling. 

I can't even remember my name.

"Ah," a nurse stood in the doorway of the room, a surprised look on her face. "She's awake!"

The young woman quickly ran off (probably to get someone) and the girl just stared after her, a little blossom of hope forming in her chest. Maybe the doctor would know who she was.

Not too long after the nurse left a man and woman walked into her room, directing gentle smiles towards her. The woman was pretty with red, curly hair that complimented her emerald eyes, and the man was rather handsome as well with chocolate brown hair and eyes to match. The young girl wondered if maybe these people were her parents. They certainly seemed like nice people, and why else would they be in her hospital room?

"How do you feel, dear?" It took her a second to realize that the woman was speaking in English, and even a few more seconds to realize she could speak it, too.

"It hurts..." She mumbled at the woman, now feeling a little shy.

"Your leg? Your head?"

The black-haired girl shook her head slightly. "My ribs."

The woman frowned and turned her head to the man, asking him to go tell a nurse. As he left to do so, the red-head turned back to her and smiled once again. "He's going to get a nurse and she'll give you some medicine, okay?"

"Okay."

There was a short silence before the woman said anything else. "Do you know what happened to you?"

"...No."

"We found you near a hiking path in the forest... You don't know how you ended up there?"

The girl shook her head.

"Can you remember what happened before then?"

She just remained silent, the tears starting to form again. The woman beside her blinked at her in surprise, slowly realizing that the girl that she and her husband had brought to the hospital might not remember anything. Her own heart sank at the thought; she was so young, and there was no telling the pain she and her family must be feeling right now.

"Can you remember anything?" The woman's voice was quiet and careful.

The teen didn't say a word, but the tears that immediately slid down her cheeks in response told the woman beside her everything she needed to know.

"Alright, now what is it that's hurting you?" The nurse and the woman's husband were back, and the nurse was already messing with the bags attached to the teen's IV.

"Her ribs," the woman managed to get out. "Her ribs hurt. And nurse?"

The nurse stopped what she was doing and looked at the red-head curiously. "Yes, ma'am?"

"She can't remember anything."

~OhGoshMyHeart~

Hannah sighed as she stretched her legs and arms, getting ready for her first dance class at Jellyfish Dance Studio. She was a few minutes early, so her instructor wasn't there yet, and she was trying her best to calm her nerves before he did get there. Dancing wasn't her strongest area, and the fact that it was a man who was going to be teaching her made her all the more nervous. She much preferred to work with women; if the teacher needed to touch her to correct her, then it wouldn't be awkward. However, if it was a man...

This class was definitely going to be interesting. If only the dancing she need to practice didn't involve partners. What was she to do when she wanted to get the main roles in musicals, though?

Now done with her stretching, Hannah sat against the wall of mirrors, her mind drifting anywhere and everywhere as she waited for her instructor to show up. It wasn't long before her mind wandered to the topic of her memory and its absence for the last several years of her life. There was a dying curiosity within her that wanted nothing more than to pursue her past now that she was back in South Korea, but there was another part, the logical, realistic part of her that told her she should just leave it alone, that digging into her past would only hurt her and both of her families. There was a possibility that she may not like what she found out, too.

Earlier that day when she was out with her mother, she had decided to leave her past alone. Hannah didn't want to risk hurting her parents. They had been so good to her and taken her in when she couldn't even remember her own name... She couldn't stand the thought of possibly causing them pain. So as much as it killed her to give up on searching for her past... She would give up.

The sound of the door swinging open and closed brought Hannah back to reality and she quickly stood up, bowing at a ninety degree angle to the man who had just walked in dressed in a pair of gray sweat pants and a white tank top with a duffel bag on his shoulder. He q

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter