Chapter 3

Light Behind Those Walls

I awoke to the sound of my phone ringing and an empty bed beside me. As I rolled over to grab my phone, I got the worst feeling of dread.

 

“Hello?”

Jongup?

“Yeah. Who is this?”

It’s Leo. From the VIXX Clinic. I was told to call you because you are a member of B.A.P, correct?

“Yeah. What’s wrong?”

I am sorry to inform you that Zelo has been shot multiple times and that he has been put into a medically induced coma so that his body can heal properly. He will be fine but, Yongguk told me to inform you of this information and that the rest of your group is here.

“Thank you. I’ll be there as soon as I can.”

We’ll be expecting you.

 

I set my phone back down onto my nightstand and stood up from the bed. If only they had let me go with them, this wouldn’t have happened. I couldn’t fret about that, I had to see if Himchan had left also. “Chan? You still here?” “Something wrong, baby?” I spun around to face my bedroom door. Instead of Himchan being there, it was my ex, Kai.

 

“What are you doing here? How did you get in?” He stepped away from the door and walked over to me. He placed his arms around my neck and leaned in closer to me. “I missed you, baby. So, so much. Take me back. Please take me back, Jongup.”

 

I pushed him away from me and walked to the door. “You know I can’t do that. You left me, remember? I can’t just go back to you. I’m happy with Himchan. I can’t just leave him.” I looked over my shoulder to see Kai facing the wall. I grabbed the gun from behind the little table I have beside the door. I held it up to Kai’s back.

“Why are you really here, Jongin? I mean really here?” I didn’t move from where I was and neither did Kai. “I was told to kill you. And I really, really want to kill you. Especially for what you did to me. I mean Himchan. Really? What does he have that I don’t? But I will give you till the count of three to get out of here before I shoot.”

 

“What I did to you? You mean what you did to me. I wasn’t the one who cheated. You had enough balls to sleep with Kris while you were dating me. Did it make you feel good, Kai? Sleeping with him because you knew I wouldn’t put out for you? And Himchan is everything you’re not. At least he has feelings.”

 

I cocked the gun and just has Kai turned around, we fired at the same time. I didn’t feel any pain and looked down to check my body. When I found that I wasn’t bleeding anywhere, I looked over at Kai. He was laying face down one the floor and the blood had started to form a puddle around him. I walked over to the body and checked for a pulse. When I didn’t find any, I picked up the body and carried him down into Youngjae’s lab. He had recently bought some gurneys, so I laid him on one of them and walked back up to my room to change.

 

After I took a shower, I walked into my room and sat down on my bed. I took in everything that had happened earlier and practically ran down the stairs and out of the door when I remembered Zelo. I ran down the street and as soon as I saw the clinic within view, I slowed down a bit. I stopped out front and tried to catch my breath.

 

When I could breathe normally again, I walked through the door and up to the front desk. “Can I help you?” “Yes. I’m looking for Zelo.” “Ah. Yes. He is in room 352. Straight down the hallway and to the left.” “ Thank you.”

 

I finally made it to his room after what seemed like hours. I was going to push open the door when I heard Youngjae and Daehyun talking.

 

Do you think they would care if we told them?

They’re probably taking bets on when we would get together, Jae. I don’t think they care.

Yeah. But you never know.

 

“We really wouldn’t care. We love you guys know matter what.” I said stepping into the room, both of them looking at me in shock. “Why didn’t you say anything before?” I sat down in the chair beside Zelo’s bed before answering. “Because we were taking bets.” I couldn’t suppress my laughter any longer. As my laughter died down and the shock wore off of Youngjae and Daehyun, the door to the room opened up and in walked Yongguk and Himchan with the Doctor.

 

“Chan. Oh thank god you’re ok.” I ran to him and engulfed him in a hug. “I’m fine, love. Why wouldn’t I be?” I let go of him and placed a chaste kiss on his lips. “Because Kai came to the warehouse today. But we will talk about that later. How is Zelo, Doctor?” We all turned to look at the Doctor standing beside Guk.

 

“You’re friend was shot multiple times, like I stated before. The last shot narrowly missed his carotid artery. If it would have hit a centimeter to the left, he would have bled out and died on the spot, to put it nicely. Now we did have to perform some pretty extensive surgery to repair some muscle tissue in his stomach and near his heart. But he will be just fine. But like I said earlier on the phone, Zelo will have to remain in a medically induced coma to help him heal. And that could take days or even months. You never know.”

 

“Thank you, Doctor. It helps relieve a little bit of worry.” Yongguk said shaking the Doctor’s hand. “Anytime, Mr. Bang. And Leo is fine instead of Doctor.” We all bowed to Leo as he walked out of the room. “Well. I’m glad he is going to be ok. I don’t know what I would have done if I would have lost him.” We all looked at Yongguk sympathetically.  

 

“What exactly happened?” Yongguk looked at Zelo’s face as he started to talk to us. “Everything was going good until we got face to face with G.Dragon. I could tell that something was wrong because he kept looking up instead of at me even when I pulled my gun on him. As I aimed my gun and fired at the same time that I heard multiple shots go off. And when we found him, I thought that I was going to loose him. But we got here just in time.”

 

I looked at Yongguk closely and realized that he was crying. I walked over to him and squeezed his shoulder. He wiped his tears and turned to face me. “Now tell me about Kai.” “Well he broke into the house when he knew that I would be there alone. He tried to talk me into getting back with him and then he told me that he was there to kill me.” “Mood swings much?” I looked at Youngjae and started laugh with him.

 

“So what happened after that?” “We pulled guns on each other and shot. He missed and I hit dead on. And he is laying on one of the gurneys in your lab, Jae.” “What do you want me to do with him?” I looked at Yongguk for answers. “Burn him, cut him up. It doesn’t matter. You just need to get rid of the body. Because now we are going to have a major gang battle going on here. It’ll be us versus Big Bang and EXO. That is some really tough .”

 

We all agreed and talked a bit more before the nurse came in and told us that only one of us could stay. Of course Yongguk stayed. As we were walking back to the house when Himchan pulled me into an alley way and pushed me up against the wall and kissed me something fierce.

 

When we pulled away I could feel the smirk forming even though I had my eyes closed. “What is this about?” I asked when I got my breath back. “Well it is still our anniversary and you got to top last night, so guess what baby, it’s my turn tonight.” I moaned as bit down on my lobe, quite hard. “Oh, god.” “I’m not god but Oppa might work.” I pushed him away from me and pulled him out of the alley way. “Oppa can wait until we get home.” “Yes baby.” And he leaned down to place a quick peck on my lips.

 

I felt my face flush as his hand connected with my before it wrapped around my waist. And with that we continued down the street to the house.

*************************************************************************************************************************************

Hey loves. How are you guys? Miss me? I'm sorry that I haven't been updating like I wish I could. But with school just around the corner and me working all the time, I can't write or update as much as I want to. But as you can tell, the next chapter will be smtty and I have a surpirse up my sleeve for Jongup. Well maybe it's more of a surprise for you about Himchan. But I am going to stop before I give it away. And did any of you catch the Doctor Who reference? If you did I will give you cookies. ^_^ Well I have to go for now. But comment, subscribe, upvote, and friend me if you want too. I hope to here from you guys soon, have a goodnight/morning. Bye!

                                     ~MaddieRayne~