Dat Tail

Donghae the Glittering Mermaid

 

Eunhyuk blinked rapidly, his mind swirling with a haze of liquid cerulean blue. He pressed the heel of his palm flat against his eyes, slowly sitting up and looking around him.

Is he dead? Is this what heaven feels like?

He finally opened his eyes to the disorienting glare of the sun in his face, before bringing an arm up to shield his vision. Last he remembered: the storm. A haze of screaming, rain pouring down, and then a crash, louder than rolling thunder, splitting his ears. And then… White.

Had the ship gone down? Then where was he now? Where was his crew?

He looked around him, before digging his fingers into the cool, pale sand. He had woken up on a beach, waves lapping at his bare feet. He sifts the sand through his fingers, taking in a distant plain of never-ending ocean, blue sky, and finally deep green trees shrouding the island… Or where ever the hell he was. He takes a moment to check himself, frantically lifting his arms and legs to check for injury of any sort. He heaves a breath of relief and lies back down, deciding to stare at the sun seeping through the fingers, which covered his eyes.

Who had saved him? Where was everyone else? Who had survived?

“Excuse me but are you just going to lie there all day, or do you plan on doing something interesting?”

Eunhyuk lets out a short shriek at the sound of a soft, melodic voice, which indicated he wasn’t alone. He throws himself upright, turning his head left and right until he spots the source of the voice. He freezes, his jaw almost dropping at the sight of the man sitting on the edge of the shore, looking at him with a minimal smile. Eunhyuk’s eyes widened as they scanned over the image of soft facial features, shoulder length brown hair and the broad upper body of a man. He blinked again. He must have been dreaming. The man (if one could call him that) merely laughed quietly, examining Eunhyuk curiously, as though he were a sight to see. The incredibly shocked human remained speechless, and so the soft voice sung out again.

“Hello there.” The stranger gracefully swept his long hair behind his ear. “My name is Donghae. I rescued you from the sea when your ship went down.”

You rescued me?” Eunhyuk blinked in surprise, before clearing his throat. “Where are the rest of the people from the boat?”

Donghae tilted his head to the side, before giggling sweetly.

“I only rescued you, because you’re the only attractive one I thought was worth saving.” He said softly. “I’m afraid all the rest died a horrible, watery death.”

Donghae sighs sadly, before smiling brightly again.

Eunhyuk was shocked. His crewmates, his friends, were all dead. They hadn’t survived-.

Hold up. Did this guy just hit on me?

Eunhyuk looked at the incredibly beautiful man who remained with a dazed expression on his face. He continuously ran his fingers through the length of his hair, while looking at Eunhyuk.

“You should be grateful.” Donghae sung, “Us Merfolk don’t tend to save you humans.”

Well then it’s a good thing that-.

Hold up. Did this guy just say… Merfolk?

It was only then when Eunhyuk’s eyes trailed down, causing him to shriek a second time. There, dragging in the sand against the current of the shore, lay not legs, but a long, shimmering, scaled tail. Donghae’s tail reflected the light of the afternoon sun and he wiggled his flippers happily. Eunhyuk let out a noise of horror.

“Oh… My… God!” Eunhyuk said, his eyes remained fixed on the tail, and not the man himself. “Y-You’re a…. Mermaid?”

Donghae cleared his throat, his tail curling defensively towards his body.

“You know it’s rude to stare.” Donghae said, in rather offended manner. Eunhyuk trailed his eyes up the smooth curve in Donghae’s, err, tail, up to his hips, where the shimmering scales merged into smooth, tanned skin. He trailed his eyes up the man’s features, until he met a pair of pale blue eyes staring back at him. Eunhyuk swallowed nervously.  Donghae just smiled again.

“I’m beautiful aren’t I?” He laughs. “It’s a Mermaid’s charm.”

 

Eunhyuk isn’t quite sure what had happened. Either the half fish-hybrid had cast a spell on him, or he was just attracted to the legless, but the next thing he knew, he had Donghae pinned to the sand with his lips pressed against the Mermaid’s. Donghae was kissing him back rather aggressively and Eunhyuk’s hands were roaming over the toned upper body. Which was great. Eunhyuk had found out his friends had all died, he’d just met a talking fish and now he was making out with it on a beach. Well, it would have been great if he hadn’t started to notice Donghae’s tail slapping against his leg every now and then, or the feeling of scales grinding rather uncomfortably against places unholy. Eunhyuk opened his eyes in the midst of kissing Donghae, his eyebrows knitting together in thought. Donghae was half fish… The bottom half of him was a tail to be more specific. How would Eunhyuk… How would they…

How does one a mermaid?

Eunhyuk suddenly didn’t know if this was such a great idea anymore. All he could taste was seaweed, and all he could think about was oh god; it’s a got a tail.

 

But of course, our charming young human hadn’t gotten laid in a while. He was willing to take his chances. Fish, or not.

 

After an hour of trying to figure out how he would tackle this problem, his senses came back and he realized he had been aggressively making out with a piece of driftwood wrapped in seaweed.