Just Between Us

Just Between Us

 

 

Just Between Us


Joonmyun was curious and a little bit worried when he received a text message from Himchan.  His fellow rookie in the idol industry but he is also a senior (by few months) and hyung of his at college.  After they debuted in their own respective groups, Joonmyun seldom contacted Himchan, vice versa.  Scratched that, they don’t contact each other at all.  Not that they were close before debut, but they got along well.

The EXO-K leader arrived at the coffee shop that Himchan had informed to meet him.  He looked around and noticed Himchan waved at him.  Joonmyun also noticed that Himchan was not alone.  He was with B.A.P leader, Bang Yongguk.  Bang Yongguk was a little intimidating.  When he arrived at their table and the elder leader finally looked up,  Joonmyun cursed Kris in his mind for not being with him today. At least his co-leader could match the intimidated aura emitted from Bang Yongguk.

Joonmyun bowed and greeted the two elder boys.  Himchan smiled and told him to sit down in front of him.  Joonmyun and Himchan started with a polite conversation, asking about how they are doing, college, etc.  During their conversation, Yongguk just sat there silently, playing with his straw.  Suddenly he coughed a little which made Himchan, who was in the middle of his story about a flying cow (Joonmyun was a bit lost at this) glanced at his leader.  Himchan sighed and his expression turned serious. 

"Joonmyun-ah, the reason why I ask you meet here is actually about our maknae"  Joonmyun widen his eyes a bit, "Junhonggie? What about him, hyung?"  Yongguk scrunched his brow at this, "You call him Junhonggie?"  Joonmyun nodded, "He request us to call him that"

"Lately, Junhong always visits your dorm" Himchan started, he glanced at Yongguk and continued, "I hope he is not bothering all of you since I hear that you're preparing for your comeback"  Joonmyun shook his head and smiled, "Ah, not at all.  Junhong is a nice kid.  Our maknaes likes him, especially Sehun.  He says he finally can act like a hyung since Junhong is much younger"

Himchan yelped a little and glared at Yongguk, "What the heck, dude?"  Yongguk glared back.  Joonmyun looked worriedly at both of them, "Hyung, is everything alright?"

"It's fine, Joonmyun-ah" Himchan answered.  He probably kicked or stepped on Yongguk under the table because the later looked in pain.  "No, it's not fine" Yongguk finally spoke.  He looked at Joonmyun, "What exactly is our maknae doing in your dorm? Or maybe the right question should be what your intention to Junhong is? What does your fellow leader do to make our maknae worship him so much?" Himchan smacked Yongguk's arm, "Can't you be more polite, Yongguk-ah?"

Joonmyun furrowed hi brow, "My fellow leader? Do you mean Kris-hyung?"  Yongguk rolled his eyes, "Who else?"  Himchan warned him, "Yongguk be nice!"  Himchan sighed and said, "Well, since Junhong get to know your three maknaes, he always spends his time with them.  Mostly he visits your dorm.  After he gets back from your dorm, all he ever talks about is how nice is Kris.  Kris is handsome, kind, charismatic, etc.  And those kind of things are getting into him, making him upset to be compare with another group leader" Himchan pointed his thumb at Yongguk who muttered, "You are upset too".  Himchan rolled his eyes, "Okay, I'm upset too and so are the others."

Himchan took a breath and smiled apologetically at Joonmyun, "I want to ask you a little favor, can you tell Junhong to not come to your dorm all the time and tell Kris-ssi to not to be too nice to him?"

"But Kris-hyung never meets Junhong"
"Huh?"
“What?”
"What do you mean never meet Kris? Junhong talks about him all the time, he said that every time he visits, Kris always drives him home and treats him a meal"
"I'm telling you the truth.  Junhong never meets Kris-hyung.  Kris-hyung is not even in the country.  When we first meet Junhong after the maknae meeting, Kris-hyung was in Guangzhou, China and at this time he is in Canada."
"What?"

"Hyung, I think you got prank by your maknae" Suho said, "I apologize because that's probably caused by my own maknae's ideas, maybe, or even the other groups’ maknaes."  Suho looked the two baffled older boys in front of him.  "We got to know Junhong after a maknae meeting.  It was his first time and he was upset that you didn't pick him up after the meeting like the other maknaes."

"We thought since he went with Sunhwa, she would took him back to the dorm." Yongguk said bitterly.  Himchan added,  "But unfortunately, none of us heard or paid attention to what Sunhwa had said that she had a schedule right after the meeting and told us to pick up Junhong."  "But she was at fault too because she didn't even give us the address of the meeting venue and reminded us" Yongguk said.

Suho nodded in understanding, "My maknaes, Tao and Sehun asked me to took Junghong with us when we went to the zoo after the meeting and we drove him back to your dorm."  "You also brought our maknae to the zoo?" Himchan looked bewildered.  "He never mentioned us about that."  Yongguk said. 

Suho countinued his story.  "We actually didn't plan to visit the zoo. Our maknaes asked us to follow f(x) and SHINee's maknae who wanted to go to the zoo.  They actually wanted to follow the other maknaes which were 2PM Chansung, T-ara Jiyeon and KARA Jiyoung.  So all of us went to the zoo"

"How many were you?"

"Well, there were eleven of us, EXO.  With Junhong, 3 f(x) members, 1 SHINee member, so there were sixteen people.  That was not include with two KARA members and 1 T-ara member who actually came to pick their maknae but were too late because their maknaes already left with Chansung-ssi.  So in total there were 22 people."  Himchan and Yongguk's jaw dropped. 

"Oh My God! The fans would have a field day at that time," Himchan said, then he furrowed his brow, "But I haven't hear any rumor or even saw any fan photos of you went to the zoo.  And knowing your group, especially with the other famous idol groups you went with, there's should be a gossip or two, or even photos.  But there was none."

"That was also in my mind at that time.  Victoria-noona, Xiumin-hyung and I were worried that the fans caught us and then some bad rumors would spread around.  But we didn't see or meet any fan.  Yes, people did looked at us weirdly but that mostly because of our numbers.  We checked the internet for several days after that but still no evident that we went to the zoo together."

"Junhong only visited our dorm once and he didn't stay long because he went with our maknaes to the Maknae Comrade meeting.  I suspect from that meeting he might get the idea to prank you because there are so many maknaes that have quite imaginative and creative minds in term of doing prank, especially The Royalty and The Drill Sergeant Team"

"What team?" Himchan and Yongguk asked in unison.

Suho took a deep breath and explained, "The Royalty Team and The Drill Sergeant Team.  Those are two from many teams in the Maknae Comrade which made to compete on some prank competition among themselves.  The Royalty Team is consist of SHINee Taemin, f(x) Sulli and Krystal while The Drill Sergeant Team is consist of 2PM Chansung, T-ara Jiyeon and KARA Jiyoung.  The most dangerous team is the latter that even made their own older members apply a Restraining Order to not being close for 10 meters from each other except for Comrade meeting.  The Royalty Team is more tone down compare to them but please bear in mind not to be fooled by their innocent looks.  I remembered Krystal and Sulli talked to Junhong when we were in the zoo."

"How do you know about this?" Yongguk asked, "Junhong never tells anything about Comrade Meeting, and if we ask him he always says it's about ..."  Suho cut him and said, "Conquering the world and enslave the humanity? Yes, that's what my maknaes say too.  They're forbbiden to say anything related to the meeting.  And if you force them, they will say they'll tell you but after that they have to kill you to protect the secrecy."  Himchan and Yongguk's jaw dropped again.  "I know this from the other idol group leaders at the Leaders Club." 

"Ah, Hyosung-noona told me about that club and once invite me to join but I decline."  Yongguk said.  "He is not that sociable, Joonmyun" Himchan commented which earned him a smack from his leader.  "He is this socially awkward who prefer to work his off rather than having fun even though you're only live once."  Another smacked from the BAP leader and Suho winced sympatically at Himchan.

Suho looked at him, "You should consider to join The Leader Club, hyung.  Maybe you think that it's some useless meet up, gossiping and meaningless chatting between idols - that’s actually what 91-liners does -  but Kris-hyung and I learn a lot from the other leaders."  Suho smiled, "And in that club meeting also one of chance for us to off of our alter ego as group leader and just be our selves.  For once we don't have any pressure to be somewhat perfect being and taking care our members.  In fact, sometime we get to be taken care of, since almost other leaders are older than us.  Not to mention, the delicious food from Victoria-noona.  She always bring food whenever she comes to the meeting.”

------------------------

Yongguk held out his hand to Suho, “Thank you, Suho-ssi for your time and kind explaination.  I apologize for my harsh accusation and judgement to you and your fellow leader, Kris.”  Both leaders shook hands smiling with Himchan looked at them like a proud mother. 

“Can I ask you a favour, Suho-ssi?”  Suho looked at Yongguk expectantly.  “Can you not tell anyone about our meeting here?” Suho thought fro a moment, “But can I tell Kris-hyung since it involves him as well.”  “Will he be mad at us?” Himchan looked worried.  Suho shook his head, “Of course not, hyung.  Kris-hyung probably understand if this something that the Maknae Comrade had caused.  It just between us, leaders.”  Himchan choughed while raising his left eyebrow, Suho smiled at him, “And of course Himchan-hyung”

“So, you will come to the Leaders Club Meeting next week, right?” Suho looked at Yongguk hopefully.  Yongguk nodded, “I will”

Himchan sighed, “The Maknae has Maknae Comrade, The Leader has Leaders Club.  And yesterday I heard that Daehyun and Youngjae were invited to your sunbae’s vocal-line meeting.”  Suho furrowed his brow, “Oh, you mean Ryeowook-hyung?” Himchan nodded.  “My three main vocalist are invited to the meeting as well.  Even D.O can’t stop talking about it, he’s worse than Baekhyun if it involves Ryeowook-hyung,” Suho huffed.

“Is there any Idol Visual Club so Himchan can join?” Yongguk teased his friend.  Himchan stuck his tongue at his leader.  Suho smiled at the latter, “I’ll ask Siwon-hyung or Yoona-noona.  They’ll probably know”  Himchan and Yongguk laughed since almost inter-idol groups/clubs started by SM Entertainment idols.  They stopped laughing when they realized Suho just smiled knowingly.  “You’re being serious?” Yongguk widen his eyes.

------------------

Next week, Suho met Yongguk in front of the building where The Leaders Club always held.  Suho smiled and bowed to the elder, “Annyeong haseyo, Yongguk-hyung.  Ready to go in?” Yongguk nodded.  He sighed, “I can imagine the smug expression on Hyosung-noona’s face now and I probably will received a smack on the head by her also.”  Both of them walked inside.  After climbing the stairs, they reached the third floor and stopped at the only door at that floor.  “Ready, hyung?”  After taking a deep breath, Yongguk nodded and his eyebrows immediately disseaper to his hairline when Suho opened the door.

The colorfull hair of Big Bang’s G-Dragon seemed less shocking compared to many colors painted his face.  He was in the middle of card game with Brown Eyed Girls’ JeA, 4minute’s Jihyun, Davichi’s Haeri and a pregnant Wonder Girl’s Sunye.  It looked like that Sunye won since she was the only one who didn’t have any color on her pretty face.  Sistar’s Hyorin, Rainbow’s Jaekyung, T-ara’s Soyeon, 2NE1’s CL and several female leaders were engaged in some serious gossiping.  B1A4’s Jinyoung and CNBlue’s Yonghwa competed with each other on some game on the monitor with the other male leaders cheered on them.  INFINITE’s Sunggyu sat at the corner and just watched all of them, smiling to him self with SHINee’s Onew eating fried chicken at his side.  FT Island’s Jonghun, Boyfriend’s Donghyun, BEAST’s Doojoon and MBLAQ’s Seungho were ... okay .... Yongguk didn’t know what those guy were doing and he thought to him self, he didn’t want to know.  Periode.

On the chouch at the middle of the room, DBSK Yunho slept peacefully, amidst all the chaos in the room.  Unknowingly to the DBSK Leader, SNSD Taeyeon and KARA Gyuri painted his nail and toes.  f(x)’s Victoria only looked at them and seemed quite amused by them while Kris looked horrified beside the elder girl.  Kris finally looked at the door and realized thas Suho and Yongguk came.  Kris waved at them.

“Oh ... oh the Almighty Bang Yongguk finally grace us with his presence” Yongguk sighed and started praying for his safety.  He looked to the side and smiled at Secret’s Hyosung. 

A loud voice was heard and made the people in the room looked at the door.  They saw Yongguk was doubled in pain, a shocked Suho, a very pleased and smugged Hyosung. 

“This is my dongsaeng, B.A.P’s Bang Yongguk”  Hyosung introduced.  “Bang Yongguk ... Everyone” she waved her hands toward the other idols and continued her weird introduction “Everyone ... Bang Yongguk”

And everybody said in unison, “Hey, Bang Yongguk!!!” which made Yunho woke up from his slumber.  “What’s going on?” he mumbled.  “We got new member, hyung” G-Dragon said.  Yunho raised his eyebrows when he saw G-Dragon’s face.  “What’s happen to you?”  “He’s lost to me!!!” Sunye said cheerfully while walking toward Yongguk to greet him.   “It was deliberate” G-Dragon said, “I’m afraid of the scary pregnant lady.”  Sunye yelled on the other side, ‘Yah!! I heard that, Kwon Jiyong!!!”  G-Dragon just gave Yunho a look, ‘See scary, isn’t she?’

“So who is the new member again?” Yunho asked.  He folded his hand and put them on his chest.  That was when he finally realized that his nails were colorful.  He looked down and so were his toes.  He growled, “Yah!!! Who did this?”

Taeyeon and Gyuri already stood behind Victoria and Kris who sat on the opposite chouch.  Both girls and Victoria pointed at the innocent Kris.  Yunho glared at the younger boy and made Kris realized that he was blamed by the elder girls.  “But, I didn’t ...

“Wu Yi Fan!!!”

“No ... hyung!!! I’m innocent!!! Joonmyun-ah, help!!!!"

 

 

------------ THE END ------------

 

 

 

---------------

author side note:

let's take a moment to pray for Kris Wu Yifan's safety from the wrath of Jung Yunho 

 

^___________^V