What A Parents!...

Bratty Wife VS. Jerky Husband
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Wedding Reception

After the church wedding ceremony, the Jung’s Family and Seo’s Family went straight to the wedding reception as well as their respective guests.

And minutes later, they’ll arrive safe and sound to the reception venue. 

They held it in one of the Jung’s finest five star hotel in Busan, well at the backyard of that hotel to be exact.  Because of the fairy tale theme.  They needed a wide and spacious garden.

Upon arrival on the reception,  some hotel staff was already waiting and ready to guide the guests for the venue.

Their guests followed them outside just in time for the hotel staff to turn on the lights.  There were gasp of delight at the look of the hotel’s back garden, every inch of it was light up by fairy lights. It was really beautiful exactly like a fairy tale.

The chairs and the tables where decorated in a beautiful white tablecloth and all the centerpieces matched the pinkie-purple color of the fairy lights.

The foods and music were perfect as well as guests really enjoy and love all of it.

The wedding reception went smoothly, though both families knew of the depression Yonghwa and Seohyun felt.

Yonghwa and Seohyun both tried desperately to avoid any confrontation with their parents.

Seohyun tried to stop herself from crying the whole time, and she was forced to put on a fake smile every time a guest would greet her and congratulate her on the marriage.

“They make it seem like an achievement, like it's something to congratulate about.  If only they knew how I truly feel about this!”  Seohyun said to herself.

She tried several times at attempting to escape the party with Jonghyun and Taecyeon but sadly, she failed.

Her father was really smart and tough, watching her every move the whole time.  

Eventually, she had to give up with the idea, as she knew it wasn't working.

All same goes up with Yonghwa.  Jungshin and Minhyuk are on his side to help him to escape. But unluckily for him, because every move of him was also watch closely by his father the whole time.

They thought the day was bad enough as it was, until they realize that it could get a lot worst.

Their misery grew when they got called by their parents.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Private Room...

The (Parents) Set-up…

 

In the middle of the party, both of them, Seohyun and Yonghwa was called to go to one of the hotel’s private room immediately, which both of their parents are waiting.

And so they stop with what they were doing and obeyed their parents. They immediately followed the hotel staff that calls them and went straight to that private room.

Once they both settled in that room, together with their respective parents. They finally heard Yonghwa’s father statement.

"We called you here, so we can get a quiet and serious talk.  And to make it straight and direct…we want you to know that…we, as your parents, were already planned and agreed what’s best for both of you after this wedding.

We’'ll get you a house to settle in at Seoul by next month, so, for the meantime, both of you are staying with us…" Yonghwa’s father stated in a very composed and firmed manner.

Yonghwa’s mouth opened wide in surprised, while Seohyun started to cry like a child abandoned by her parents.

It was a good thing they were brought into a private room. They both felt like they were being tortured.

"What? But why do we have to move to another city? When we could just stay here…"  Seohyun asked, her voice shaking.

“She’s right, all our family and friends were all here… we like it here…why do we have to settle down in another place, when we can do that here too?” Yonghwa added.

"Well, it simple, because now you were officially married, so naturally you two should start a family, and it would be better if you started from scratch. Just the two of you. With no others to rely on… Just like us before."  Seohyun’s father instructed, in his firmed voice.

"And we are not giving you a choice here. You both absolutely must comply. Or else…" Yonghwa’s mother told them in addition to his father statement.

Seohyun felt the heat of her whole body rise up to her cheeks, she was blushing intensely.  

"F-family?"  Yonghwa stuttered, trying to process the information he just heard.

Yonghwa was blushing excessively as well. But then he managed to composed himself again and talk.

"What? We're not even ready for married thing…and now…No! we’re not so ready for something like that, not yet, Aboeji! Omoni!"  Yonghwa yelled out, now losing his composure.

"This is becoming way too unreasonable! Aboeji! Omoni!" Seohyun added.

"Yonghwa, Seohyun, we understand we made these things difficult for the both of you, but we will not stick by your sides forever to guide you in this matter. You must learn how to take care of yourselves, together, especially now that –" Yonghwa’s mother was interrupted by Yonghwa.

"But as you all know, we made it clear that we were so against this marriage from the very beginning, didn't we?  Then how do you expect us to live by ourselves on such short notice?  I bet we'll end up getting a divorce after a day together!"  Yonghwa protested, his face full of mixed emotions.

'This is ridiculous… Forcing us get married is enough… We couldn't even stand the presence of each other for twenty minutes, and to think that they're making us live under the same roof forever?'  Yonghwa silently said to himself.

"Are you going to comply? Or we will disown you…everything?"  Seohyun’s father said firmly, his face dim.

“And forget you as our own, son and daughter…” Yonghwa’s father added, also his face dim.

Yonghwa and Seohyun shivered in fright. They both knew their father’s were both serious and firm with their decision, and they really mean it for real, no one can oppose them.

"Okay. Just do what you want, we won't care. But I swear, Yonghwa and Seohyun, we shall completely forget you as our son and daughter, and you may never have a family, if you end up getting a divorce."  Seohyun’s father added, growled in a very intimidating tone.

Silence soon filled the room. Seohyun's mouth was partly open. She couldn't believe their parents were over reacting. Her father never swears on her anyone like this, and what's more unbelievable was he's willing to forget her existence just because she could end up getting a divorce.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter