Simply Romantic...

Bratty Wife VS. Jerky Husband
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seoul

 

Sangdodong

 

Yongseo home…

 

Months passed by.

 

Things were still the same, because of both of them failing to make any further move or should we say…make their confession.

It was Saturday.

That means no work for both of them. More free time for both of them.

Seohyun mustered up the courage to try and ask Yonghwa if he wanted to go out again.

She knew he'll most likely, but she decided to try anyways.

After cleaning up the dishes they just had for breakfast, she walked over to him in the living room and sat in the couch beside him.

He paid no attention to her, for he’s concentrating on the show he’s watching on the TV.

"Yong..." Seohyun called his name quietly.

Of course, he didn't answer, still busy watching.

"Can...can we go out today?" Seohyun asked him.

He looked at her…but still no reply.

Seohyun sighed.

"Then will it be ok if I go out with Yoona or Guigui again-" She said but was cut instantly by Yonghwa.

"Okay, we'll go." Yonghwa interrupted.

Seohyun's eyes widened, she’s happy to hear him saying that. ‘We'll go?’ She thought.

"You...you'll go out with me today...?" She asked again to make sure.

"It's better than you hanging out with them again." Yonghwa wondered why she always asked to go out with her friends.

It was like...asking him first was an excuse just so she could bring them up. He knew she would pick her friends over him anytime. He knew to spend time with them, and wanted an escape from this marriage, perhaps?

But he wanted to progress further. He really wanted to at least spend time with her alone, go out on dates, like a normal couple does. He wanted to work on their communication, on their relationship as a whole.

"Oh...ok...I'll go get ready, then..." Seohyun muttered before getting up and going to their bedroom.

Yonghwa took a deep breath. They've gone on "date" but that was months ago on the amusement park. They never went on another date alone after that.

He wanted to at least hold her hand today.

Hopefully, it'll happen.

After a few moments of waiting, Seohyun came back downstairs wearing a simple white dress that came just above her knees and small cardigan to cover her shoulders.

"Let's go." She said to him.

Yonghwa glanced at her. It was only a few times that she's ever worn a dress...and he cherished every moment of it. The dresses she wore were so casual, but she made it look so elegant and beautiful on her.

He got off the couch and walked passed her to the door, slipping on his shoes.

"Oh, deh…deh… So, where do you want to go?" He asked her.

Seohyun went outside and put on her white flat shoes.

"Hmmm...wherever you want...it’s would be fine with me…" She replied.

Yonghwa took the keys and locked the door before walking past her again to the car.

(Yes, dear readers he has his own car now…since he was the number one and client’s favorite Architect on their company…so, he easily gets up on his position and financially.)

"If you don't tell me, we're going to stay in the car and not go anywhere." Yonghwa replied to her.

Seohyun blinked and quickly followed him, going over to her side of the car.

"Then let's go to the mall...I know they have lots of sale now and have one every Saturday..." Seohyun said.

Yonghwa didn't reply and just got in the car.

 

 

Seoul Central

 

At one prestigious mall in Central Seoul…

 

They walked around, with Seohyun gazing at every jewelry and clothing store. It's been so long since she's bought any new stuff, and she'd like to have a new shirt or dress or shoes or ring or something.

But she didn't want to annoy Yonghwa to wait for her just to try on some clothes or jewelry or shoes.

Yonghwa glanced at her and noticed her looking over at two heart necklaces.

The heart was split in two, and if you put the necklaces together, the heart would become one again.

Probably a couple's necklace.

But why would she be staring at that? Why would she want to share a couples-necklace with him?

Seohyun wanted to buy it, but she knew Yonghwa would never wear it, so she just turned away her eyes from it.

Yonghwa realized her eying some more stuff, but she wouldn't stop to buy it. Was she that scared to just ask him? Was he that intimidating?

When Seohyun gazed over at a cute pink jacket, Yonghwa suddenly turned and walked over to it.

"How much is this?" He asked the cashier standing next to it.

The cashier told him the price and smiled.

Yonghwa pulled out his wallet and handed the cash (Oh, yes he’s using cash not card…truly a wealthy Yong! Hehe!) to the cashier.

The cashier took the jacket and stuffed it nicely into a bag before giving it to Yonghwa.

Seohyun's eyes widened when Yonghwa turned around and handed it to her.

"You didn't have to-" Seohyun said but was cut by Yonghwa

"If you want to buy something, just ask me." Yonghwa replied.

"I...I don't want to trouble you-" Seohyun told him.

“Yah, we’re husband and wife…so no need to be shy and that’s one of my promises to your parents…to be a good provider to you.” He straightly said to her.

Yonghwa just put the bag in her hand and started walking off before she could finish replying.

She quickly followed after him and looked down at the jacket in the bag.

A smile appeared on her face; wow, he actually bought her something today.

They walked around for a few moments and Seohyun was noticing a lot of couples holding hands.

She and Yonghwa never held hands in public, only when it is necessary like when their friends visited them. Or whenever they need to act.

It was weird just walking this close to him. But she really, really wanted to.

Taking a deep breath, she walked just a bit closer to him until their shoulders were almost touching. She flinched when their hands slightly brushed against each other.

Yonghwa glanced down at her, wondering why she came closer.

"It's too crowded. Sorry..." Seohyun quickly made up an excuse.

He really didn't mind. When their hands brushed against each other, he had the urge to just hold her hand. But seeing how she flinched, she was probably shy.

Aish! He was probably not going to get to hold her hand today.

Seohyun looked over to a clothing store and she hesitantly pulled Yonghwa's sleeve.

"Hmm, can I buy something there really quick?" She asked him.

Without replying, he just dragged her along to the store.

Seohyun walked over to a small black dress. It was simple, but it was really cute. She was really amazed with that dress and she really like it.

She opened her purse and shuffled around for her wallet.

To her surprise, Yonghwa took the dress and went over to the cashier, giving him the money.

The cashier folded the dress and placed it into a fancy bag.

"Come on." Yonghwa replied as he took the bag and walked out.

"Yong, I could've paid for it. I also had some money you know…I had a job and paid too." Seohyun quickly ran out after him.

"How much was it anyways?" She added.

"Yah, I told you that’s not a big deal…I want to do that for you…so let me be, okay?" Yonghwa muttered.

Seohyun gaped.

"I'm sorry. You really didn't have to-" She said but was cut again by Yonghwa.

"Aish! You know you talk too much." Yonghwa interrupted.

Seohyun immediately shut . She hated it when she annoyed him. But seriously, he could let her pay for her own things.

Yonghwa didn't understand why she was so damn considerate. He was the husband. He was supposed to buy her all these things, despite the price. She was worth it. And he’s happy to do that to her.

They went around, roaming around the whole mall, buying some more stuff for both of them and for their home and they even eat lunch together in a fancy restaurant just like really a normal couple or married couple would do (with Yonghwa paying for most of it, of course), and then stopped for a little restroom break.

"Please. Just wait a little out here. I'll be right out in a minute." Seohyun said before going into the mall’s restroom.

 

While waiting…Yonghwa looked down at all the things they bought.

 

His mind still lingered on the heart necklaces earlier.

 

To be honest, he really wouldn't mind buying it and wearing it.

 

He could probably go back, buy it, and come back in time before Seohyun was done.

 

Grabbing all the bags, he quickly walked back to go buy the necklaces. (Awww! Yong’s so sweet!)

 

 

Meanwhile on the mall’s restroom.

 

Seohyun looked at herself in the mirror and fixed her hair.

She sighed and stared down at the sink.

She was really happy that Yonghwa actually came out with her today, but she wanted more.

She wanted to hold his hand, wanted to hug him, wanted to show others that they were a loving married couple.

Seohyun shook her head. She wanted to do that...but she was so shy to initiate things for them, she’s still a girl after all.

After washing her hands and quickly drying them, she walked out of the bathroom, only to find that Yonghwa wasn't there.

Seohyun blinked and looked around but he wasn't anywhere.

'Maybe he went to the restroom, too...' She thought and decided to wait outside.

She narrowed her eyes when she ended up waiting for quite a long time. A few men came out of the restroom, but Yonghwa didn't.

'Where did he go?' Seohyun was starting to panic. He wouldn't just...leave her here, would he?

Seohyun clamped her hands together and glanced around frantically.

What if he really did? What if he really took the opportunity to leave her?

Seohyun startled when someone suddenly nudged her shoulder.

She turned around to see a random guy smiling at her.

"Hi! Miss beautiful…You alone?" The random guy asked.

"No, no I'm not." Seohyun shook her head, ignored the guy in front of her and resumed to looking for Yonghwa.

"Hey, you lying? Cause I certainly don't see anyone else here." The guy grinned.

Seohyun clearly saw his intentions and just glared at him.

"I’m sorry but I don’t talk to stranger. I'm married. Don't touch me." She hissed and walked away.

"Wow, wow, you're married? You're still so young," The guy quickly grabbed her arm, stopping her.

"If you don't let go, I'm going to scream-" Seohyun annoyingly told the guy.

"Do it, then, hmm? Will your husband come to save you? If you even have one..." The guy snickered and his grip tightened on her.

"Yah! Let me go!" Seohyun tried to pry his fingers off her.

"Why so stubborn? We could have some fun, you know?" The guy pulled her closer.

Seohyun closed her eyes tightly and was about to scream, but someone harshly jerked her away.

Her eyes opened to see who it was.

She turned slightly and gasped in surprise when she saw Yonghwa giving a death glare to the guy.

"Dare to touch my wife again, I’ll swear you’re locked up in jail or I'll kill you myself." Yonghwa threatened.

Without waiting for the guy's reply, Yonghwa grabbed Seohyun's hand and dragged her with him.

She blushed and gazed up at him curiously.

"Thanks…?" Seohyun said.

“Yah! Next time don’t you just talk to strangers will you?” Yonghwa yelled out.

"...Yong?" Seohyun said.

 

He didn't reply and only entangled his fingers with hers tighter.

He was so pissed off right now.

If any other men tried to even look at her, he'll seriously kill someone. (Typical possessive and jealous Yong! Hehe!)

 

 

Sangdodong

 

Yongseo home…

 

They drove back home in silence.

Yonghwa parked the car and got out, slamming the car door.

Seohyun also got out and followed after him.

"...Yong..." Seohyun called him.

He wouldn't answer. He opened the door, dropped the bags down and slipped off his shoes.

Seohyun slowly closed the door and took off her own shoes, setting it down by her purse.

She followed him to the kitchen where he grabbed a cup and drank some water.

She bit her bottom lip nervously.

"Yong...where...where did you go...?" She asked.

He stayed silent for a few moments, staring down at the empty glass cup.

He sighed and then slowly reached into his pocket to get something.

Seohyun's eyes widened when she saw him pull out two necklaces.

It was the heart one she was looking at earlier! (Ohhh…sweet!)

Yonghwa put one around his neck and then walked over to her with the other one.

Seohyun stood frozen as he put the necklace on her. She blinked curiously...how did he know she wanted it?

"I saw you earlier…You were staring at it. I know you want it. So I bought them for us." Yonghwa replied, as if he read her mind.

"But...why did you go get it? It’s not necessary you know." Seohyun asked quietly.

“Just want to buy them.” He simply replied.

Yonghwa withdrew his arm back.

‘Did she not want it, then? Was she staring at it simply because it was pretty?’ He thought.

But he didn't realize Seohyun was thinking the exact same thing.

Seeing how he didn't answer her, she grabbed her half of the heart and slowly reached for his.

Yonghwa watched as she grabbed his half and then put it together with hers, so that it was a complete heart.

"Yong...I know you don't really want to wear it...but thank you for buying this. It was the one thing that I really wanted. Thank you so much, I will cherish it forever." Seohyun smiled genuinely at him.

So she did want it. But what could that mean? Probably just for the heck of it. He would never believe that she would ever fall in love with him.

“You’re most welcome…you deserved it. And I want to wear it only with you.” He replied and smiled back at her.

Seohyun glanced at him, but couldn't bring herself to look at him properly.

“Thank you.” She smilingly said to him.

“We’ll wear it from now on okay? And please next time be careful and don’t talk to any strangers …if you don’t want to have a murderer husband.” Yonghwa playfully told her.

Seohyun giggles with her husband statement.

Realizing how close they were, she could feel her heart beating faster and quickly took a step back and let go of the necklaces.

"I'll make dinner." She simply replied before walking past him to the refrigerator.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter