Promises

Flowers and SHINing Stars

  I walked over to Taemin, unsure of what to say. As I drew nearer to him, I was desperate. Eventually, I said, "Hey."

  Taemin looked up and saw me. "Oh, hi. Thanks for backing me up just now," he replied.

  "Yeah, Minzy can be a . She did the same thing to us before," I explained.

  "How'd you fix it?"

  "Amber unnie helped us."

  "Amber? Oh, yeah, she's the one that frequently swings by the SHINee dorm to teach Key girl group dances. She's from f(x), right?"

  "Yeah, so are Krystal, Luna, our leader Victoria and I."

  "You're Sulli, right?"

  "Yeah, my real name's actually Choi Jinri, but I prefer to be called Sulli, like how Kibum wants to be called Key."

  "Oh. Hi Sulli, I'm Taemin."

  "Nice to meet you."

  We shook hands. There was a pause before Taemin spoke up again.

  "Hey, is it okay if Key, Minho and I sit with you guys during lunch? It's be sorta awkward if we didn't have anywhere to sit," Taemin asked.

  "Sure, why not?" I answered and smiled.

  Just then, Hyoyoung came over and smiled sweetly as she asked, "Taemin ah, want to sit at our table during lunch? Minzy's friend Chaerin is having a party this weekend and if you sit with us, she just might invite you."

  . I just scored my gal pals and I lunch with three hot guys and this comes along and ruins everything. No guy could resist seats at hot Hyoyoung's table AND an invitation to Chaerin's party, since Chaerin and Minzy were the hottest, toughest gangster girls in town.

  To my surprise, Taemin turned down the offer. "No thanks. Key, Minho and I are already sitting with the f(x) girls," Taemin told Hyoyoung politely.

  Hyoyoung didn't say another word. She simply her heel and stormed away. She simply her heel and stormed away. As soon as I was sure Hyoyoung was out of earshot, I asked Taemin, "Why'd you turn down Hyoyoung's offer? Any guy in this school would die for an invitation to Chaerin's party, let alone a seat at their table. You'd be crazy to turn down both offers!"

  "Well, I guess that means I'm a crazy guy then," Taemin laughed, "I turned it down because I guessed it wasn't worth bailing on you guys. When I make a promise to a friend, I never break it. Well, that is, except for the time I promised Onew I'd get him a bucket of chicken from Goobne Chicken for him, but forgot and he ended up having ramen for dinner."

  I couldn't help but laugh. I then told Taemin, "Well, we are having chicken for dinner tonight."

  Taemin bit his lip and thought for a while. He looked so y when he did that. Taemin then told me, "Oh no, we couldn't..."

  "It's alright, you'll get to make it up to Onew," I explained, "Bring all of SHINee over for dinner tonight. Our treat. I'll order extra chicken using my money."

  "Really? Wow... You're so nice." Taemin seemed really shocked at my kindness.

  "Of course! It's a dongsaeng's duty to be nice to her oppas!" I smiled.

  Taemin thanked me as we got ready for the next class just as our free period was up. I wondered how the rest of f(x) would react to this.