Love At First Sight

Flowers and SHINing Stars

  "Slick move, girlfriend! It takes a lot to stand up to Gong Minji and defend a new kid," Luna praised me during free period.

  "Yeah! You should've seen Minzy's face! You totally owned her!" Krystal piped in gleefully.

  "Thanks, you guys!" I thanked Luna and Krystal for their praises as the three of us sat together at Luna's table. We were supposed to be discussing details for our songwriting project, but it looked like there had been a change in subject.

  I turned towards the windows. The cherry blossoms were almost ready to burst into bloom. My gaze shifted from the cherry blossoms to Taemin. As I did so, I found Taemin looking at me. He smiled when our eyes met.

  I returned his smile and gave him a little wave. Luna and Krystal turned to see who I was waving at and sang, "Oooh..."

  "Guys..." I began.

  "It's alright, Sulli," Luna teased, "After all, when love calls..."

  "Run to greet it!" Krystal finished Luna's sentence.

  "U-unnie! Dongsaeng!" I cried exasperatedly.

  "You know you like him!" Krystal replied, "Luna, hear this. Sulli's eyes were literally gleaming when she first saw Taemin."

  "No way!" Luna laughed.

  "Guys, there's nothing going on between Taemin and I!" I tried to sound final.

  "Oh really?" challenged Luna, "What did you feel when he first saw him?"

  "M-my heart started beating like crazy," I said.

  "And when he smiled at you?" Krystal questioned.

  There was no way I could lie to them and get away with it.

  "Butterflies. And... My heart skipped a beat," I answered.

  "Love at first sight," Krystal spoke as if she was a doctor diagnosing a patient with an illness. In this case, a love doctor.

  "Definitely," agreed Luna.

  There was a paused silence before I finally asked, "Should I go talk to Taemin?"

  "A conversation. Best way to kick off a relationship," said Luna.

  "Go ahead, unnie," Krystal smiled.