1st May 2012

One Day

Chapter  1

1st of May 2012

            A girl was walking around the train station as she held a cup of rainbow Slurpee. It was a typical Monday when everyone rushes to their work place early in the morning. She took a sip of her drink when she suddenly bumped into a wide, strong chest which feel like a wall to her. Her drink spilt all over her white uniform, making a weird yet shock expression on her face.

“M-my clothes” The girl whispered in horror.

“Oh, sorry about that” The guy said and was about to walk pass her, but the girl quickly grabbed the guy’s arm.

“Not so fast! Didn’t you see my uniform? It’s all wet now!”

“I saw it, and anyway, I could see the yellow bra too” The guy’s answer made Sooyoung blushed madly, but she ignored it and tried to attack the guy again.

“Ha! You lied! You didn’t see it. It’s not yellow, it’s orange! And, you have to do something about… this” Sooyoung signaled her wet uniform.

“What do you want me to do? Take it off from you and put it right under the sun? You sure you want me to do that?” The guy scoffed then made his walk to the crowd, leaving Sooyoung with shock.

“Y-yaah! Come back here, you!” Sooyoung shouted.

---

“Hey..what’s with the long face?” Tiffany asked. Sooyoung answered with a sigh, signaling Tiffany that she’s not interested on talking about that at the moment.

“By the way, your dad was looking for you,” Tiff said.

“That’s odd. Do you know where is he now?” Sooyoung asked.

“In his office” she said.

“Okay, thanks unnie,” Sooyoung smiled and walked toward her father’s office, which is on the highest level. She went into the lift and pressed the 11. She’s curious on why her father chose to placed his office on the highest level, doesn’t he afraid if one day there’s this earthquake or something?

 Sooyoung walked to a big wooden door and knocked it.

“Come in,” she heard his father’s voice.

 She opened the door and there she saw her father and a man sitting on the sofa, welcomed her with a smile.

“Sooyoung” Her father stood up followed by the man.

‘this guy…’ sooyoung thought. Sooyoung made her way to her father with a forced smiled.

“Sooyoung, this is Cho Kyuhyun, your soon-to-be partner” Her father said.

‘That jerk, it can’t be. My world is now a living hell’ Sooyoung thought.

“S-Sorry?” Sooyoung asked once again. Kyuhyun smirked and offered his hand for a handshake.

“I’m Kyuhyun. I believe we’ve met before, right?”

“Y-yes,” Sooyoung smiled and and shook her hand with kyuhyun’s. “It’s nice to meet you, again.”

“Oh, that’s good then. I hope you both will make a good teamwork” Her father gave a soft smile.

Sooyoung nodded, unsure about her father’s own decision, but who is she to change?

“So… why so sudden?” Sooyoung asked.

“I was the one who supposed to finish the project with Mr. Cho, but I have this sudden job in Hong Kong, I need you to replace me for awhile. I hope you’re fine with it, Mr. Cho”

“Oh, I’m good. As long as it’s one of the great Choi family member, I’m fine with it” He smiled, hinting something to Sooyoung.

“That’s great! You guys will start tomorrow, since I’m going to Hong Kong tomorrow.”

“Yes, dad,” she said.

“You can leave now, Sooyoung,” he said. Sooyoung nodded and smiled to her father then she left.

“Why it must be him?” she mumbled when she waited for the elevator.

“What’s wrong with me?” someone whispered in her ear. She shocked and turned around and found Kyuhyun behind her.

“Yah! You again!” she yelled.

“What’s wrong with me?” he asked innocently. Pretended like nothing had happened.

“You…” she gritted her teeth. She stepped on his feet with her stiletto and quickly entered the elevator once it opened.

“Yah!!” Kyuhyun shouted. He jumped with one leg into the elevator with his hand holding his other leg that was stepped by Sooyoung.

“Why the hell did you do that?!” he yelled at her.

“Did what?” she asked him innocently pretended nothing had happened.

“Fine, Ms. Choi Sooyoung. Game on” Kyuhyun mumbled while Sooyoung pretended not to hear it.

---

She entered her apartment. She threw her bag on the couch and went to the kitchen. She drank a glass of water and sighed. Suddenly the bell rang. She walked toward the door and opened the door.

“Hey, baby,” he entered the apartment. Sooyoung closed the door.

“I didn’t know you’re coming over. Why didn’t you text me?” she said.

“I called your phone and texted you for hundred times but you didn’t reply,” he said.

“Ah, really? Sorry, I’ve been busy at my office,” she said as she massage her forehead.

“You’re always busy,” he said. He sat on the couch.

“I’m sorry, Kris. But I’m very busy. My dad just give me another project,” she said as she sat beside him.

“Fine. I will forgive you, but you have to do something for me,” he said.

“I’m tired~” she whined.

“Then I won’t forgive you,” he said. Sooyoung sighed.

“Fine, tell me what to do,” she said. She could she her boyfriend smirked. “Why is your face like that?”

He moved closer to her face, “I’m hungry, baby.”

“Then let’s go buy something to eat, you know I can’t cook,” Sooyoung said with innocent face.

“No, the food is already here,” he said. Sooyoung looked confused, suddenly Kris kissed her lips passionately. Sooyoung widened her eyes, surprised with his boyfriend sudden move. He moved his hands inside her shirt. His lips moved downward to her neck. Sooyoung quickly pushed him away. He scoffed once she did that.

“It’s just..I’m not ready yet,” she said.

“Again with this crap, Sooyoung. When will you be ready?”

Sooyoung is used to this argue already. She knows what to say to Kris.

“You’ll wait, right?” Sooyoung asked, smiling. She hugged the guy’s arm. Kris pushed Sooyoung’s arm around his gently. Even if he’s mad, he’s still a man, and she’s still his girl. He has to treat her right.

            “Do you expect me to wait forever?” Kris whispered softly yet clear.

            “You promised me you’ll wait until I’m ready, Kris”

            “And when is that? Tell me!” His voice rose.

            “Kris,”

            “I’ll call you later”

Kris looked away and stood from the couch. He walked toward the door, he opened it and slammed the door once he left the apartment.

Sooyoung sighed, “I thought he promised me that he’ll wait.”

She took her phone and decided to send Kris a message saying she’s sorry, but then, she made up her mind, that maybe it’s better not to talk about it first. She didn’t want to ruin their relationship. She loved him too much and he loved her back, at least that’s what Sooyoung knew.

She sighed.

            ‘Good day, indeed’ she thought.