His Whisper is the Lucifer

His Whisper is the Lucifer

“Jonghyun, you can be such a royal prick sometimes that I can’t even stand it,” Kim Kibum snarled.  He hauled back before landing a hard, resounding slap on his boyfriend’s shoulder.  His black eyes were narrowed in irritation, and his lips were pulled tightly against his clenched teeth, making him look like something who had tasted something sour.

            “What?” Jonghyun gasped in surprise.  Contrary to Kibum, Jonghyun’s expression was one of absolute innocence.  He was barely able to keep from knocking over everything on his desk.  He had his head phones in his ears, so he hadn’t even heard Kibum approaching.  He was caught completely off guard.  He didn’t even know what the issue was.  “What’s wrong?” he asked.

            “You told me that you had written a song about me,” Kibum replied.  He threw a sheet of paper onto he desk in front of Jonghyun before crossing his arms.  Across the top, displayed boldly in Jonghyun’s handwriting, were the words, ‘Up & Down, Inspired by; Kim Kibum.’ “You failed to mention what it would entail.”

            “Oh…” Jonghyun stuttered, realization crossing his face.  “So, you read that, huh?”

            Kibum was not amused.

            “I’m just teasing you, Kibummie,” Jonghyun whined, pursing his lips in a sweet, -up worthy smile. 
Honest.  I’ll write you another song, if you’d like.”  By this point, Jonghyun probably would have done anything to make Kibum happy.  He was well aware of the fact that his boyfriend was a ticking bomb just waiting for the slightest disturbance to explode.

            “You’d better,” Kibum snapped, “and that,” he pointed to the lyrics sitting on the desk,” better not make it into our album.  Better yet, let’s just burn it-oh my God!” he gasped.  His eyes widened, and his face lit up in a bright smile.

            Jonghyun was so, so confused.

            “Taemin-ah!  You look so cute!  Oh, my God!  When did you get to be this pretty?”Attention completely diverted, Kibum darted away from Jonghyun without a backwards glance.

            Left sitting alone, Jonghyun began banging his head against the wooden desk.  “Why, why, why do you have to beee like this?” he whined pitifully.  After a few moments, he stopped and sighed, deciding to get to work on a new song for Kibum.

            He grabbed a fresh piece of paper.  He thought for a few minutes, trying to think of another concept that suited Kibum.  Finally, he touched a pen to his paper, smiling sweetly all the while.

“Lucifer”