Chapter 23

One Fine Spring Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“What?!”

“Sssshhhhh!”

After school, Ky Cee went home with you since Kyungsoo needed to go with his parents somewhere you didn’t ask where.

You were in your room and you had just told her about Eli’s confession and like always she got excited.

“But when?” she asked you, curious.

You hesitated before telling her since you were afraid she would be angry with you.

“That day when I told you I was going to take my notebook in class.” You then said, after gaining some courage.

She widened her eyes and already became a perfect ‘o’.

“But Kyori-yah! It’s been a while then! Why did you wait this long?” she cried once again, offended.

You looked at her, making a face. “I’m sorry, I didn’t want you to think something bad about me.” You confessed, looking down.

She rolled her eyes and snorted. “What are you even saying, pabo. Wait but what did you say to him?”

You clasped your hands and began fiddling with your fingers due from nervous.

“I’m sorry but you know too I do have a boyfriend now.” you said, making quotations signs with your fingers.

“And then?”

You remembered what he told you then and your blood began boiling.

“He told me he would be a perfect boyfriend and I would be happier with him.” You hissed while Ky Cee just raised her hand up to . “So I left without even saying anything. I literally walked away.”

Your best friend just nodded but then she frowned and seemed like she was in deep thoughts.

“Why did he even tell you something like that?” she asked then after few minutes.

You shrugged. “I don’t know. From that day I practically ignored him.”

She nodded in agreement once again. “It’s not a good thing to say if he doesn’t know Tao. Seems like he’s too confident.”

You didn’t reply as you didn’t want to think about it anymore.

Tao might be busy these past weeks but you were sure he had his valid reasons, also you didn’t want to stress him with your complains. Surely you two weren’t going on a date like you used to but he always made sure of visiting you at home at least once a week.

He didn’t want to neglect you but he had to. For his future, like his mother told him.

At first you were a bit disappointed he wasn’t spending his time with you but little by little you began to get used of it since you wanted for him the best, with or without you.

It wasn’t up to you deciding for his future, after all.

You didn’t tell him about Eli since you didn’t want to get him more things to think about it, but Lay all knew about it, just like Ky Cee. He also advised you to ignore Eli if you didn’t want more troubles and you in fact did so, even if he didn’t tell you.

 

***

 

“Morning mom.” You greeted, surprised, once you entered the kitchen and saw her there, cooking for breakfast.

“Hey Kyori. Good morning to you too.” She replied back. “I’m cooking for your breakfast. Come, sit.” a smile forming on her lips. You nodded smiling at her back and sat at your usual spot, waiting for your mom to serve your breakfast.

“Thank you. What about you?” you asked while taking your spoon.

“I already had breakfast.” She said as she took a seat too, right in front of you.

She rested her elbow on the table and her face on her hand while watching you eating, smirking.

You looked at her and stopped chewing for a bit. “What?”

She shrugged instead and continued smirking, like she was teasing you.

It was weird for you seeing her like that. Wake up early, cook for you and now see her beaming and being all happy. Usually, on Sundays, you are the one to prepare something for breakfast for your family since your parents, the day before, aren’t coming home until late in the night and they sleep until 11AM or so.

But it was still 10AM and she also cooked Kimchi Kongnamul Guk.

You rolled your eyes and rested your spoon on top of your bowl. “Mom?!” you cried, widening your eyes.

“What?” she countered, raising her hands in the air. “Is it forbidden cook for my daughter?”

“Okay, what’s going on?” you demanded.

“You know what, you should be happier now. At least, this is what I’m thinking after what I saw last night.” She finally admitted, that smirk of her still printed on her lips.

You turned red and covered your mouth with your hand, hoping what your mom just said wasn’t true. “Mom?”

Instead, she snickered and playfully slapped your hand. “I saw you two~”

“What are you even saying, I didn’t do anything last night.” You said, looking down while continuing eating.

You heard your mother chuckled and you were forced to look up again. “Yeah, sure. Let me remind you then what he did.” And with that, she leaned towards you and cupped your face.

“Okay, I won’t go over but he kissed you right?” she laughed.

You blushed and playfully slapped away her hand from your face. “Okay, okay. But it’s natural, what’s wrong about it?” you finally admitted, defeated.

“Nothing, really. I’m only happy. My daughter is really growing so fast. Seems like yesterday when I was with you during your first day of Elementary School.” And by saying that, she pretended to wipe a tear, which made you laugh.

“Mom stop it, I’m still young, I’m not that old already. Not like you.” You countered, stucking out your tongue.

“Hey! I’m still young too! I’m only 40 ya know!” she replied, trying to copy some teenagers’ expressions. “See? I don’t have wrinkles!”

“Okay you win mom! Now let me finish eating!” you desperately cried as you didn’t even eat a half of your meal.

Instead, she did a peace sign before gesturing being zipped, still smirking. Then she stood up and went to the counter, ready to clean all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter