Chapter 3: Safe

Destiny's Fate (HIATUS)

Previously…

After what seemed like an eternity I finally got up and made my way back to the cabin. I went back and peeked through the window only to find the cabin empty...except for the fact that the girl I found was backed up against the corner of the cabin with two vampires in front of her.

 

               

They were touching her hair and her face while she was turning her head in an attempt to stop them.

“Silly girl, that won’t help you one bit. If anything, it makes them want to do it even more,” Kyungsoo quietly said to himself. His eyes were still red from earlier and he went to open the door, but it was locked. He took a step back and kicked down the door.  At the sound of the loud thud on the ground, the two vampires turned around. Kyungsoo recognized the familiar faces. These were the two vampires from earlier.

“So, we meet again? I’m in a particular situation right now, so either you can leave…or I’ll keep up my end of the deal from earlier,” he said smugly.

                Just as Kyungsoo expected, the two vamps looked at each other and vanished. He looked over at the girl and walked over to her. She was on the ground hugging her knees.

“This must be a position she likes because I’ve seen her like this before. Only last time, it was partially my fault,” Kyungsoo thought to himself. He crouched down to her level and hesitantly reached his hand over to tuck her hair behind her ear. She looked up into his eyes and as he looked into her eyes, he forgot how to breathe. It was hard for him to do, but he managed to pull his eyes away from hers and escape from his trance.

“What was that?” Kyungsoo wondered to himself

“OH MY GOSH! I AM SO SORRY! I DIDN’T REALIZE YOU GUYS WERE HAVING A MOMENT!” Someone shouted. Kyungsoo turned around to see Sehun with his hands covering his eyes.

“WHO’S HAVING A MO-OH MY GOSH! YOU GUYS ARE HAVING A MOMENT!” Kai said rushing to see what was happening.

“Yah! Kyungsoo! If you wanted to be alone, you could’ve just told us!” Suho shouted

“Kyungsoo! Keep it PG! We still have minors here!” Chanyeol added

“Just get a room would you!” Kris shouted in the background.

“Where’d you guys all go?” Kyungsoo asked after all the 11 guys got into the room.

“Looking for you,” Lay replies nonchalantly.

“I told you guys that I would be back, didn’t I?”

“Well, you’re the one that howl- I mean yelled! Sorry for caring!” Xiumin added. Kyungsoo was silent.

“Uhm…excuse me for interrupting…but, where am I,” Unmyeong broke the silence,” and how did I get here?”

“You’re in our cabin!” Luhan answered. “and…” Luhan started but stopped since he didn’t know what to say,” you’re here…because…” Luhan drifted off and looked at the members for help.

“We found you in the forest,” Kris finished.

“We couldn’t leave you out there for the blood s-I mean vampires” Suho explained

“Ah, I’m sorry for being an inconvenience. Thank you for saving me! I owe you my life!” Unmyeong said gratefully.

“Uhm…I should probably get going now…” Unmyeong said motioning towards the door.

“NO!” everyone shouted holding their hands out in a stop motion.

“We mean, you could probably get hurt…so you should stay,” Suho covered.

“I’ve already bothered you a lot. I’m so sorry! Thank you ag-“

“Please...” Kyungsoo looked into her eyes,”stay..”

                Unmyeong just silently nodded her head as she lost herself in his eyes...

“Kris! They’re having another moment!” Sehun and Kai complained, shaking Kris’s arm and pointing at Kyungsoo and Unmyeong.

“Yah! Why’d you knock down the door!” Luhan shouted as he suddenly noticed the “slight” breeze of the October nights.

“Oh, about that…the door was locked…” Kyungsoo said rubbing his neck.

“So? That girl was here! She would’ve heard you knock!” Tao retorted.

“She was in a…rather complicated…situation,” Kyungsoo tried to explain.

“What ‘complicated situation’?” Chen asked

“Well, she was cornered by vampires,” Kyungsoo emphasized (the bold words).

“! That’s why we locked the door!” Kris cursed.

“Still, why did you all leave? At least one of you guys should’ve stayed with her! You’re all wol- I mean you all know the forest very well! It wouldn’t of been that hard to find me! ”Kyungsoo retorted. Only silence followed. He made a pretty good point. You can never be too safe.

“Okay, you got us there. We’ll do that next time,” Suho said in defeat.

“Oh! I’m sorry, could you tell us your name?” Tao asked Unmyeong.

Unmyeong…Moon Unmyeong,” she replied,”and may I know all of yours?”

“Kris”

“Suho!”

“Luhan!”

“Chanyeol!”

“Lay”

“Baekhyun!”

“Chen!”

“Kai!”

 “Tao!”

“Sehun”

“Xiumin!”

“and I’m Kyungsoo”

“Wow…that’s a lot of names to remember…Don’t worry! I’ll do my best to remember!” Unmyeong said cheerfully.

“Okay! Let’s all get to sleep! Unmyeong, you can sleep on the bed. We’ll sleep on the floor!” Chanyeol said cheerfully! One by one, the boys started pulling out sleeping mats, blankets, and pillows. As time passed, Unmyeong could hear the even breathing of sleeping boys, some soft snoring, and Chanyeol’s occasional bark. As thoughts ran through her mind, she gradually allowed herself to be taken into the soft haven of her dreams…