Chapter 2: Fool

Destiny's Fate (HIATUS)
Previously…
“This is it. I’m going to die. At least I’ll meet mom, dad, and everyone else now.” I thought silently to myself as a tear slipped down my cheek.
 
She’s beautiful…she’s like a goddess, the most beautiful goddess. WAIT! What am I thinking? I might be sick, I’m not thinking correctly anymore and there’s this unusual sensation in my chest. It’s as if my chest is going to burst open any second now. Her scent is so…intoxicatingly sweet. It’s alluring and intriguing. You just can’t have enough. Actually, I’m losing my appetite. Maybe I love her…WHAT AM I DOING?  I can take her in one bite, or I can try it in a new style and bite tight then shake. 
She’s trembling in terror and shrinking in my shadow. She’s probably thinking that I’m going to eat her, but that’s not the case anymore. I’ve fallen in love with her, with a human. How did I let this happen? I’m a fool for letting her steal my heart. 
As I approach her trembling figure, I come to a conclusion. I can’t kill her, none the less eat her. I can’t leave her out here either, so that only leaves one choice. I’ll take her to the cabin. Hyungs will probably kill me, but they’re understanding. If worse comes to worse, at least I won’t be the one to have to kill her.
I’m centimeters from her face and she shuts her eyes tight and turns to the side. How cute, she still thinks I’m going to eat her. I’m lost in my own thoughts when she falls from her sitting position onto the ground. I feel her heart beat slow down and normalize. 
“Heh, she’s fainted.” I think to myself as I smirk. Being that we’re quite a ways from the cabin, I’ll carry her on my back in wolf form until we’ve reached the cabin. She’s quite the runner, or maybe she just feared death. I mean you can’t blame the poor girl, there was a bloodsucker and a werewolf chasing after her.
I carefully bite on her jacket, making sure not to accidently bite her, and throw her onto my back. Wow, either she’s really light or I’ve gotten a lot stronger. It might just be a mix of both.
 
When we were a meter from the cabin doors, I transformed back into human form and carried her bridal style instead. These are times when I regret that we’re half when we turn back. I’m guessing that she was regaining consciousness because she cuddled towards my chest. Whew, is it me? Or is it getting hot? Maybe the sun’s coming out…okay so maybe not so much since the moon is still out. I walked in with my back facing the members. Muffled “Hey Kyungsoo”s were barely heard. But when I turned around, the gasps were very loud. 
“ Kyungsoo, why is there a girl in your arms. To be more specific, a human girl?” Kris asked as he stood up.
As he made his way towards us, his eyes reddened. But after he saw her face, they gradually calmed to their normal dark brown color. 
“Woah! She got Kris to calm down without even doing anything! I wanna see her too!” Sehun shouted in amazement. Soon, all the members were pushing and shoving to try and get a glimpse of the wondrous beauty. 
“Hey, give them some space. Lay her on the bed,” Suho said suddenly taking charge.
All the members moved, creating a pathway to the bed. Kyungsoo gently laid her down on the bed. 
"I didn't get to see her yet!" Kai said as he pushed his way to the front next to Kyungsoo.
"Hey, she looks like-" Kai started. I felt a pang in my heart.
"a beautiful goddess, we all know," Kris said covering Kai's mouth. Even though Kris did that, I already knew the name that was going to leave his mouth. A name that I was very familiar with, maybe too familiar... All too suddenly, the  familiar ache in my heart returned and made me wish I could go back in time. 
"I'm going out for a walk," I announced," I'll be back. If not, don't wait for me. Just go on ahead to bed."
As I was walking out, I heard hushed voices saying,"See what you did!" and,"Nice going, Kai!" along with the occasional smack to the head. Poor Kai, I know he didn't mean to. He just doesn't think about things sometimes. I was walking along the woods, when I spotted a pair of vampires. They looked young and newly turned. They were probably high school boys; at the oldest, first year college students. I'll leave them alone for now, they haven't caused any trouble. For all I know, they didn't even want to be turned. Unknowingly, we ended up walking down the same path. 
"Hey, dude! Isn't that the wolf that we've heard about at the lair?" one boy asked the other. I stopped in my tracks.
"It has to, he just stopped walking. Ever since I heard about him, I know how weak all wolves are. He was a wolf, but he couldn't even protect the most important person in his life. How pitiful and worthless. Let's go," the latter boy spat.
"She was pretty hot though. I heard that the King was going to make her his wife, but you know; stuff happens.
"She must've been delicious then. I would've loved to ravish h-" That was the end of the line. I quickly moved and appeared right behind them, my lips next to their ears. They froze on the spot, and I could smell their fear.  They were just all talk. I'll make them regret even knowing her name.
"If you value your lives, then you'll shut up, leave, and never speak or even think about her again. Got it?" I said in a low voice. They quickly nodded their heads. 
"Now, GO!" my voice boomed and I heard it echo through the woods. In a flash, they were gone. I started to growl as I was walking. I knew for a fact that my eyes were a glowing red. I charged towards a  tree and punched it, emitting a howl as it crashed onto the forest floor. I fell onto my knees and stayed like that by the tree for sometime. I don't know how long I was there, but after what seemed like an eternity I finally got up and made my way back to the cabin. I went back and peeked through the window only to find the cabin empty...except for the fact that the girl I found was backed up against the corner of the cabin with two vampires in front of her.