UGLY TRUTH

Because It's You

Kris was a werewolf. He never liked it when it comes to meet humans. But that night was the only night that makes him liked meeting humans. Because finally he could have his 99th victim and he will awarded the power that he longed for. He was waiting for humans' night shift to end so he could find the 'lucky' victim. He had a few more hours before he'll turn to his human form, which he don't like. Kris was just met his luck when a guy, looked like around his mid 20s, used the path that Kris patiently waited at. In his wolf form, Kris jumped out of the bush and somehow landed on top of the guy's chest.

 

"Awuuuuuu~!" Kris growled. Sounded like he was happy.

 

The guy's name was Tao. No, Kris didn't have any power to guess someone's name. The name plate that was pinned on his left chest left a clue.

 

'What's happening?' Tao, looked clueless plus confused.

 

'Am I attacked by a wolf right now? Do wolves eat people? I never took the chance to watch National Geographic Channel!' Tao still can thought of anything else.

 

Kris sniffed Tao before he harshly bit off the collar and made some buttons off, exposing some of Tao's milky skin. 'Hmm, I smell fresh blood running under the skin.' Kris Tao's neck and Tao was shivering terribly.

 

'I think wolves eat human flesh. They're carnivorous anyway.' Tao said in his mind and hoping his body was ready for some flesh eating. 'Goodbye world. You've been nice to me so far. Hm bye.'

 

Kris was still on top of Tao's body and his claws were piercing onto Tao's shirt resulting to show and scarred his bare body. The wolf was ready to dig in when accidentally saw a mark on Tao's left chest.

 

A crescent moon mark.

 

Tao may be ready but Kris suddenly felt some weird sensation that bolted out of his heart. He was having a major headache that made him growled and growled and growled. Tao, scratched his unitchy scalp when he saw the wolf acted weird. The wolf moved down from his rib and shook his head angrily. Looked dangerous, he set an eye-lock with Tao and he growled loud once before he ran into the bush.

 

'What the hell...?' Tao got up and covered his scarred body with the shattered pieces of his shirt. Aching, he walked home in his fastest pace while thinking of what had happened.

 

----------------

 

Kris barely made it home before he turned back into his human form. Kris sighed heavily.

 

"What was distracting me from finish him up?! He would be my last victim and I could fulfilled that damn last task and I will awarded The Eye of The Great Wolf by The Elders! It all will happen if I ate him!" Kris threw things and the whole living room turned upside down. He was very mad at himself that he couldn't do a simple thing for a werewolf. He punched the wall and left a hole.

 

"That crescent moon mark. How he got that?" Kris took off his shirt and walked towards a mirror. He moved his hands onto his left chest and shut his dark-brown orbs.

 

"Because my family and I have that mark too."

 

---------------

 

A short man got out from his room when he heard knocks on his door. He opened the door and let a handsome tall guy in. He was flawless and quite fair too. "Sit?"

 

"Thanks." He thanked the petite man and sat on a single old sofa. "What brings you here, Kris?" he asked, smiling.

 

"The crescent moon mark."

 

"Uh-hmm?"

 

"I found them on somebody else's body." stated Kris with a I-know-you-know-something face.

 

The man looked up before Kris.

 

"Kai?"

 

"Somebody else, I said."

 

"Hm. Really?" the man was not suprised like he had expected.

 

"You know who is Tao."

 

The man a bit flustered anf faced somewhere else.

 

"Tell me, grandpa Xiu. I knew you are hiding something. That involves me, Kai and... Tao." Kris pleaded.

 

"I knew nothing, Kris. Please stay seated. I want to make your favorite tea. It's been a while since you left this house. I miss you, you know." And the man went into the kitchen.

 

"Aaah hajimaa grandpa, pleaaaashhh~~" Kris stomped and pouted. Then he backhugged his grandfather. "Tell me, tell me pleaaasshh?" He acted cute. He even did bbuing bbuing aegyo. He only did aegyo only to the person that he was comfortable with.

 

"Hey don't do that! Haha you looked sooooo cute, Kris-aaah!" Xiumin pinched Kris's bothe cheeks and smiled happily. Oh how he miss this child!

 

"Aaaa grandpaa~"

 

"Okay~ okay~ Fine. I'll tell you but only after made you the tea. Okay?" he smiled and patted Kris's right cheek.

 

Grandpa Xiu served the jasmine tea. The aroma was so relaxing. Kris sat down and took a cup of tea. He sipped a bit. "Thanks grandpa. It reminded me of my childhood."

Xiumin gave him a warm smile. "Kris, you know, I actually hate to be immortal. I'm old but I;m stuck in this 40-years-old body. I wish to be mortal sometimes." Grandpa Xiu poured a cup for himself.

 

"Why?"

 

"Because I HAVE TO see things that I didn't want to. Because I HAVE TO keep secrets. Because I HAVE TO live to the fullest. Because I can't forget anything throughout my life." He complained to the lidtening Kris.

 

"Wait. You can't forget a thing? Is it one of the werewolves' abilities?"

 

"Yes, a bothersome ability." Xiumin added.

 

"Um grandpa? Where is this conversation going to? And grandpa, are you trying to avoid my question by telling me your hard life stories?" Kris raised an eyebrow.

 

Then Xiumin let a cute laugh out of his mouth.

 

"Hahaha. Seemed that I cannot now."

 

"Awh grandpaaaaa~ Please tell me about Tao! I bet you know something about this!"

 

"Okay, fine. Since you're mature enough now, I think you could understand this." Xiumin repositioned and loked serious.

 

Kris's heart beating fast. He hoped that he was ready for the worst.

 

"I hope you're ready for the worst." Xiumin added.

 

"Oh I just thought of that." Kris breathed hardly deep.

 

-------------

 

-XIUMIN'S FLASHBACK-

 

"Suho-yah! You shouldn't do this! Kris and Tao are you sons too!" Xiumin was really mad at Suho.

 

"Dad! I only have a son. Kris and Tao are not mine!" Suho talked back to his father, Xiumin.

 

"Why'd you do this?"

 

"I want all my sons to be werewolves. Like me. They're destined to keep our kind, our clan safe and sound. I mean, they're the heirs of our legacy, the werewolves, Dad. Please understand." 

 

"You could still train Kris, right?"

 

"Hm, Dad, listen. You knew, that every single 100 years, our clan will face The CUrse. The curse that a son of our clan will never get to be a werewolf. And that's Tao." Suho sighed, don't know what to do with his hard-headed father. That must be running in the family.

 

"That's why you hate Tao?"

 

 "Yes! I hate Tao! I don't want him as my son! He will disgrace my pride as The Great Wolf!" Suho raised his vioce to make it clear and nothing, or no one, could change his decision.

 

"But you could still train Kris. No, you must train Kris. This is unvulnerable." Xiumin said, holding his anger from bursting out.

 

"Then we'll separate them; Kris and Tao."

 

I want to continue this chapter but I don't have the time but

I'll update this chapter. It should be longer. Thanks for your patience!