Leader

DSParadise one-shot collection

 

"Seungyeon-ah~" 

I turn around. Ah, it's Gyuri. She's walking to my direction. "Gyuri-ah."

"Let's buy snack for the kids." She put her arms on my shoulder and drag me from our headquarters. 

"You can go by yourself you know?" I playfully say. Actually I don't mind. 

"Ei~ Chingu-ah." She says, "It's not for me, so can you just accompany me without complaint?"

Of course I know. We are sunbae now in DSP and take care of our hoobae is what we should do. And technically, both me and Gyuri is the 'eldest' sunbae here, so Gyuri like to buy food for our hoobae. And today she drag me with her. 

We go to the near shop to buy toppokki, kimbab and other snack for them. We buy enough for ourselves, our hoobae and even the trainee. Gyuri decided it. She said, we should treat them equally. Alright. I should eat less snack this week. 

When we walk back to the office, we meet Hyein, the kid leader of Puretty. She's sitting alone in the sofa near the reception desk. She heave a sigh. I look at Gyuri. I guess she know what's on my mind, so we walk to her direction. 

"Hyein-ah~" Yeoshin, as always, pat our hoobae's head in a motherly way. "Are you OK? What are you doing here?"

"Ah, unnie." She bow to us. "Nothing special."

She's lying. No one will heave a sigh when everything is going right. 

"Really?" Said Gyuri. 

She nod. 

I pat her shoulder. "It's great if you're OK, but if you really have any problem, go and find us. Arasso?"

For the second time today, Gyuri pat Hyein head again. Her eyes are locked at the smiling goddess. "Lets go. Unnie bought snacks for all of us."

Our young hoobae grab Gyuri hands when we get up from the sofa. 

"Unnie, I..."

"Gyuri ah~"

Her words was cut by the voice of Jaekyung and Hyeongkon who just entered our DSP building. Look at her sunbaes, Hyein bow and greet them. 

"What are you doing here?"

The army idol, Kim Hyeongkon, and the artist Jarkyung stand near the sofa beside Gyuri. 

"We just bought some food," I said "And we saw Hyein sit here alone."

I guess both Hyeongkon and Jaekyung see the expression on this young girl face, so Jaekyung take a seat beside her. 

"Hyein-ah, something bothering your mind?"

Four of us put all of our attention to the 6-years younger girl beside us. The subject we are looking at just stay silent with some hesitation on her face. 

Hyeongkon put his large palm on her head. "Kwenchana?"

She heave a sigh and smile. "I guess I could asked oppa and unnie advice."

We look at each other, then nodded lightly. 

"I don't have any idea of being a good leader." She said. "It somehow tiring."

"Tiring?" Said young man beside her.

She nod. "I tried my best to lead my group, take care of my dongsaeng. But it seems that they are a little bit annoyed by me."

I know how she feel. I'm not the leader of KARA, but I always there with Gyuri since the first time we debut in 2007. I know being a good leader is not easy, especially in a young age like her. 

"What makes you think that way?" Said the artist.

"There's a time when they kept telling me that I'm too strict or even annoying every time I discipline their behavior." She paused, "I tried my best to lead them not to make mistake, but it's really unavoidable."

"And it hurt you?" I said. 

She look at me and nodded lightly. "Sometimes I just want to quite as a leader."

"Please don't." Said Gyuri. "It's not easy to be a good one, but don't give up."

Three of us nodded in unison. 

"Hyein-ah~" I called her. "Do you know why you are chosen as a leader?"

She look at me for a second, then shake her head. It's my turn to be the center of attention now. "Age?"

"Look at Jaekyung," I point my finger to her direction. "She's not the oldest in Rainbow."

"Gyuri, Hyeongkon and you happen to be the eldest members in our group, but that don't make them the leader."

She's still look at me silently. She turn her attention to Jaekyung. "That's right."

"What makes them leader are leadership and responsibility." I continue. "Our CEO never choose the wrong person."

"Just believe in yourself." Bright smile appears on Hyeonkon lips. "He must believe that you have ability to lead your group."

"But..."

Gyuri pat her head. "You know what?" She stated, "Sometimes in the future you will realize that being a leader is a precious gift you could get." 

Question mark appeared above Hyein head while the artist and the army idol nod their head agree. I know what my leader talk about.  

"Whenever I feel tired, the smiling face of my dongsaeng relief it." She said proudly.  "Jiyoungie, Nicori, Hara... Every time I saw their smile, I smile."

And in no time, I saw the fatherly/motherly smile on my 88line buddies. I chuckled. 

"That's right, Hyein-ah." I said. "I'm sure you feel the same right? Someday in the future, I'm sure your dongsaeng will proud and thankful at you as their leader."

She smile and nodded her head. 

Jaekyung patted her head, "so, you won't quit as a leader right?" 

"Good leader is important for the growth of a group, you know~" said Hyeongkon. 

"Uhm!" She smiled. "Komawo yo, oppa! Unnie!"

I clapped my hand to let the attention come back to me. "Saa~ now let's go to the training room and enjoy the snack before it get cold."

I tapped the shoulder of my buddies and dongsaeng. 

"Yep! Let's go!" The Kim leaders said in unison. Both of them walked first, followed by my leader and the kid leader. 

I still sit in the couch, watching their back silently. 

Being a leader is not easy. 

And we are thankful to have a good one. 

"Komawo-yo, Gyuri-ah~"

 

-END-