Memories cont.

Up to This Point

Excuse me, sir! We're closing now. The young man looked up and smiled. He put on his peacoat and scarf and packed up his things then left a huge tip on the table. The waitress's eyes were beaming. Thank you! The young man looked at the empty quiet streets and the night sky. It was snowing just a bit. He smiled and got in his car and drove to his upscale apartment. Then he plopped down on his couch, unpacked his things, and typed away click...click...click....

 

Do I really know her? Is this just an illusion? Damn it I have a tournament tomorrow. 

The next day was volleyball tourney for guys and girls for the region. I didn't have an ounce of sleep.

E: Dude you look horrible today

H: really haha must've been up all night with your mom

e: stop kidding around you okay? You seem tense

H: yeah it's fine don't worry about it 

 

The whole time on the bus I just continue to stare out the window thinking about her. We finally arrived and went inside the large gymnasium. There were many girls there which Eunhyuk was drooling over. Volleyball chicks damn. We saw our school's girls team arrived and I smiled at Jessica and Yuri. The other girls weren't that athletic. They were driving in a separate car by Heechul. Although I knew Eunhyuk was attracted to Jessica, I wasn't worried because he liked practically every girl there too. But I do get jealous seeing them talk or joke around. The boys were up first. The game winning point was coming up. The ball was coming in my direction but I started to get dizzy and missed as I dove for it. 

Coach: Hae what are you doing?!! You got this get your head in the game! 

Eunhyuk looked over at me and nodded. Leeteuk patted me on the back. He was the captain of the team.

L: come on let's finish them so we can watch the girls next. 

I smiled and got up and looked over at the end. Jessica was stretching and practicing with the other girls. Time to do this. We eventually won the first round and had a break before the second one. Once we win the second one, we secure a spot for the finals if we don't we have to go into a third round. So during break time. Me and the guys went up to the stands. They wanted a " better view". The game started. Yuri was pretty beast and had lots of spikes being up front. Jessica was the setter. At one point the ball went in her direction, she dove for it and missed big time. I looked up. She looked a little disappointed but went back into the game. At another point, the ball went for her again this time she got it but she didn't get back up. I quickly got up and ran down. The girls coach and teammates gather around her and helped her up and off the court. I ran to Yuri. 

H: is she okay?

Y: yeah she sprained her ankle  she's gonna need a two week rest period so coach told her she's out of the tourney.

h: thanks good luck Yuri 

i left the court to the lockers and lobby. Jessica was sitting on the chair and a group of girls were around her.

girl 1: it's okay Jessica don't cry 

Girl 2: you will be back in no time

tiffany saw me and walked up to me say something to make her feel better. This is where the awkward me kicks me. I was never good with emotions and handling people crying. The girls around her left and it was just me and her. She didn't see me yet so I went up to her and covered her eyes from the back like she does to me when I'm at the lockers. 

J: Hae, you dumb fishy I know it's you 

I sat down next to her and just smiled at her.

h: uhhh sorry I don't know how to handle crying girls

Jessica just stared at me and smiled and then she giggled.

j: you dork haha you were great out there

i smiled knowing Jessica watched me. And got up to get her a water. I handed her a water and knew I had to get back soon. I wanted to hug her so bad before I left but I couldn't. I smiled at her and left. 

We won the second round and were done for the day. With Jessica gone, the girls lost the second round and had to play a third round. Jessica sat with the other girls and looked at her teammates with sadness in her eyes. I knew she wanted to be out there. The girls eventually won the third round and we have another month before the finals. We went back to school. Then all the girls started to look out the bus.

Girl: omg he's so cute 

there was Taec outside the school with a giant bear. I got off the bus and watched Jessica hug him and blush. She was embarrassed. Taec helped her to his car and they drive off, I stood there and just watched them.

Leeteuk: yo Hae let's go you want a ride or not

h: haha yea coming