Oneshot part 2

Heaven's Dignity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next following weeks Myungsoo roamed around like a zombie.

He didn' go to work. He didn't sleep. He didn't even eat.

He just roams around in his apartment staring at the many photos of him and Sungyeol together. Minhyuk came by a few times to check up on him, Sunggyu and Dongwoo came by countless times to drop off food, and Sungjong and Hoya came by once in a while just to try to talk to him but it was useless.

He feels so low. He feels so lost. He feels so empty and worst, he feels so alone.

Nothing is the same without Sungyeol.

The words that Woohyun had said rang painfully and yet familiarly through his ears each time he thinks about the funeral and he’s finally had enough of feeling so low when Sunggyu decides to drag the poor boy out of the hole he’s dug for himself in his apartment.

They all sit around a round table with Woohyun sitting right across from him. Myungsoo feels this surge of something and has had enough of Woohyun’s constant prissy mood around him and his constant silent treatment.

Woohyun hadn’t visited him once, hadn’t talked to him since, and Myungsoo is really starting to doubt the friendship between them.

“What’s your problem?” Myungsoo seethes out breaking the silence as the waiter places down cups of water for the group. Sungjong looks up from his menu surprised and sees that everyone at the table looks at Myungsoo the same way.

Woohyun turns to look at Myungsoo slowly and this is the first time Woohyun has looked at him during the whole time they were here.

“What?” Woohyun frowns at Myungsoo and that’s enough to make Myungsoo snap.

“I thought we were friends, Woohyun hyung but I guess that was wrong. You don’t care about me at all huh? You don’t care that I’m hurting just as much as you are over Sungyeol and maybe even more. Stop hating me for no reason. I just don’t understand you,” Myungsoo says quickly letting the words pour out from him and just as he was done, he feels a harsh slap across his cheek.

Myungsoo’s face snaps to the side and his eyes widen.

“Woohyun!” Sunggyu shouts and pulls Woohyun back down as he tries to leave. Woohyun shakes Sunggyu off as he still stands tall. Myungsoo looks up at Woohyun glaring at the other man.

“What the ?” Myungsoo shouts cupping his hot cheek and this is the first time he’s actually angry after Sungyeol’s death.

“You’re so selfish you know that!? You don’t think about anyone other than yourself. This pity act, this-“ Woohyun points at Myungsoo and then everyone else, “Is wrong. Do you know why this is wrong? It’s wrong because Sungyeol is gone! It’s wrong because maybe you could have helped him and not let him die alone and sad. Maybe you could have helped him in ways we couldn’t. But no! You selfish bastard! You saw nothing but work and left Yeol all alone and I hate you so goddamn much right now,” Woohyun shouts and Sunggyu stops trying to pull Woohyun down.

Everyone is silent and it’s a good thing Sunggyu asked for a private room in the restaurant or else this would have been really bad. Sunggyu knew that this was going to happen eventually. He knew that this was probably the day where Myungsoo would finally know what actually killed Sungyeol. Woohyun huffs and sits back down.

“I hate you so much but I know you’re not at fault. ing Sungyeol, I hate that bastard so much right now too,” Woohyun says and he could feel his body grow hot and tears threatening to fall any moment now.

Hoya pats Woohyun’s arms and he sighs. Woohyun’s tears start to fall and this is the first time Woohyun has actually cried. He sobs and his chest aches. His whole body trembles and he slams his fist on the table.

“Goddammit, why are you all so ing stupid,” Woohyun says through his sobs and all Myungsoo could do is stare. Stare because he’s confused and worried but more scared than anything.

Confused because he doesn’t know what the is going on. Worried because Woohyun is crying, he’s ing crying and he never cries. And scared because he doesn’t know what to do. He’s scared to ask and he’s scared to know.

Woohyun calms himself down with Dongwoo patting his back and Hoya patting his arm.

Sunggyu takes the chance to finally spill the beans because it's about time.

“Myungsoo, there’s something that Sungyeol didn’t want you to know but it’s time you know about it. It’s too late but-“ Sunggyu stops himself because there really isn’t a 'but' or an exemption in this situation. There isn’t anything that could fix what happened. There isn’t a time machine that can take them back to the time where Sungyeol was still alive he thinks.

“Please, just tell me what’s going on,” Myungsoo finds the courage to say it. He’s scared and tired but he can’t hide away forever and this is something important. He can feel how important it is.

“Myungsoo, just know that this isn’t your fault. Sungyeol, he just, he just wanted things to be easy for you during his last few months left,” Sunggyu continues talking and the whole table falls deeper into silence. Woohyun had stopped his soft sobs and no one is looking at Myungsoo.

“Few months,” Myungsoo pauses and a rush of thoughts wash over him, “Left?”

“Sungyeol had,” Sunggyu paused again and he can’t find the words anymore. He’s struggling with his words because he feels this pain in his heart and this void like his brothers. He’s so tired. Sunggyu feels a pat on his arm and Dongwoo nods his head.

“Hyung?” Myungsoo asks and everyone still doesn’t look at him.

“Sungyeol had a brain tumor, Myungsoo-ya.”

Myungsoo stops breathing and he stares at Sunggyu surprised.

“What?”

“The doctor told him that it was too late to cure it and that he only had a couple months left. He didn’t want you to know because you got that promotion and just started up your own branch of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter