Prolog ~ Love at First Sight

How to Tame A Dragon

   The water nestled up around Tao's body, when he jumped into the cold, refreshing water. He dove as long as he could and was about to go up again, when he felt how someone grabbed his wrist. Tao was still under water and turned around, there appeared another boy, who pulled him closely and kissed him. At first the kiss was calm and gently before it turned into a passionate underwater kiss and Tao closed his eyes and enjoyed the kiss.
   When Tao opened his eyes again he noticed that everything was just a dream. He sighed and ran with his fingers through his hair.
   Tao was a young boy about nineteen years, he lived in a small village at the country side of China. His parents were farmers and he always helped them after school. Some years ago he already noticed that he liked boys more than girls, but in his village weren't any interesting boys and Tao decided to visit his friend Luhan, who moved to Beijing two years ago. He also wanted to meet a young man, he chatted with for a while already.
   When Tao arrived in Beijing the man picked him up at the main station and they went into a small coffee shop to chat. After his meeting with the man, Tao went through the city until he reached the club, Luhan's work place.
   Tao entered the club and Tao noticed quickly that it wasn't a normal club. There were only men, who danced together, drank together, chat together. Tao went over the dance floor, through the bulk of dancing men until he arrived at the bar, where a light brown haired boy stood and danced around, while mixing drinks.
   "Hey", Tao greeted him, the bar man titled his head and looked confused at him. Then his eyes grew big and he started smiling.
   "TAO!", he screamed over the music and leaned over the bar to hug his friend. The two friends hadn't seen each other since Luhan left the village to study and live in Beijing. "What are you doing here?"
   "I have summer holidays and I thought I should visit you", Tao yelled.
   "What?"
   "Summer holidays!", Tao repeated and finally Luhan nodded.
   "Do you want a drink?"
   "Cola!", Tao shouted and Luhan served his friend a glass of cola as suddenly another boy appeared next to Tao. He bend closely over to observe Tao, who leaned shyly backwards, until Luhan grabbed his friends shirt and pulled him back.
   "Stop that Xiumin! Let the country bumpkin alone, he is new in town!", Luhan yelled with a smile and the man sat down on the barstool next to Tao and turned to Luhan, who handed him a drink.
   "That's Xiumin", Luhan introduced his friend to Tao, before he turned to Xiumin, "That's Tao, we are childhood friends! He will stay with me for a while!"
   "Hey", Xiumin greeted Tao before he turned to his drink to take a sip as suddenly Luhan's phone rang and the bar man answered the call with an enamored voice. "I wanna know who he is!"
   "Who is who?", Tao asked confused.
   "That man he is talking to and often calls and then Lulu is so in love. At first I thought you are his new lover", Xiumin said and knocked on the bar to catch Luhan's attention but Luhan just concentrate on his call.
   As soon as Luhan finished his call, he smilled happily all over his face and everything became quiet in the club as a tall, blonde, young man came in. Everyone turned around to take a look at the man and slowly Tao's mouth fall down when he gazed at the man. He was extremly handsome and seduced everyone already with his y glance.
   "The biggest playboy of all... Wu Yi Fan or often called Kris", Xiumin talked in an fascinated tone, when Kris entered the room, before he turned back to Luhan, who wasn't flashed by his appearance anymore.
   After gazing at Kris, Tao turned back and drank his cola in one shot.
   "Hey, what did you do with it?", Luhan suddenly came up and Tao looked confused at his friend, because he didn't understand the question well because of the loud music, "The lucky charm from Japan!"
   "Ah... I... I haven't...", Tao babbled and Luhan served his friend another cola.
   "Use it?", Luhan asked.
   "No", Tao answered embarrassed, "I'm still..."
   "You are still what?"
   "", Tao whispered and of course Luhan couldn't understand him and asked again, so that Tao repeated himself louder, "A !"
   "What?", Luhan asked and bend over the bar to hear his friend.
   "!", Tao shouted and at the same moment the music stopped and everyone in the club heard him. Tao looked embarrassed around and some men gave him weird looks. Then his glance met Kris, who just smiled at him and rose up the glass at him. Tao's eyes grew big and he gulped nervously before he grabbed his glass and rose it up as well. Kris took a sip of his drink and so did Tao.
   He sat down again, turned back to Luhan, who smiled friendly at him to encourage his friend, while Tao felt like he would die of embarrassment.
   "Are you thristy?", Xiumin asked after Tao kept drinking his cola for a while, "A man like him drinks Whisky no water!"
   "Huh?"
   "Every day a new taste, another type", Luhan added, but Tao didn't understand what they wanted to tell him.
   "He is not affected by ity", Xiumin added with a smirk and Tao looked once again at Kris, who was talking with two men.
   "I don't care..."
   "Come on, do you wanna tell me that you don't like him?", Xiumin asked surprised.
   "I don't like men who play with people or love even if it's Kris", Tao said straight. Xiumin and Luhan exchanged confused looks before they smiled and nodded. They knew that Tao wouldn't survive in Beijiing when he thought like this. They were living in a hard world and everyone needed to get a thick skin.
    Luhan took Tao with him to his small flat. The smaller boy lived in a one room apartment in the middle of Beijiing and for the time of the summer vacation Tao would stay with him. As they reached the flat, Luhan changed his clothes while Tao looked curiously around.
   Then Luhan pressed the button of his home phone to hear the message he got.
   "Annyeong baby, I miss you! I'm still in Busan for the trip. Today we had a day off and could discover the city by ourselves and I was staying at the beach and missed you even more. I will always keep the place next to me empty for you. Mhh I think I can manage to visit you next week. Kiss kiss, your Sehun", the voice from the phone said, while Luhan dreamt off being with his lover.
   "Hey, what's all this?", Tao asked and pointed at the wall over Luhan's bed, where a lot of words in different languages stood.
   "Oh that's my Korean wall", Luhan said, "My boyfriend is Korean and I'm learning his language so I pinned some words and phrases there, which I can use when he calls me. Ah by the way that was him right now, isn't his voice y?"
   "Sa... Sara...", Tao tried to read the romanization of a word.
   "It's 'saranghaeyo'! It means I love you", Luhan explained and Tao repeated the word like Luhan said it.
   "Hey what about you date?", Luhan suddenly asked after he prepared the sofa for his friend.
   "Date?"
   "With that internet guy!"
   "Ah... well we met at a coffee shop and we talked about this and that... I told him my name. Ah, his name was Kai", Tao started to tell his friend.
   "Kai? Not another guy with that name", Luhan said, "Go on!"
   "Well I told him that I had so much exams and-"
   "Go on, go on, go on", Luhan interrupted him, "Tell me something interesting!"
   "Ehh... he asked me if I want to go to him."
   "Really?", Luhan asked and suddenly his attention was catched by Tao, "And then?"
   "He just wanted... well...", Tao blushed embarrassed, "He just wanted to have . No love. Nothing! Just ... I don't do that!"
   "Geez, Tao really...", Luhan shook his head and showed a book, "Do you still read that stoneage book? 'Love is Faith'? Bull! You need to get a man, quickly!"
   "Hey!", Tao jumped up and grabbed the book, "It's my favourite book, okay!"
   "Well... we should take some rest now", Luhan said and sat down on his bed, while Tao laid down on the sofa, but Tao couldn't sleep. He was always thinking about Kris, even he didn't know why he kept thinking about him. Didn't he say that he didn't like guys who played with love and the hearts of other people?


My dear Subbers,
I know I promised to hurry but there was so much to do >< therefore I will upload the next (and last) chapter this evening already!!^^
I hope you liked it so far :)
And I hope I will get much much much comments hihihi ^^

Ji Hoo