The New Member

Together as One

 

Uh…my head, I feel so dizzy. As I open my eyes, I realise that I were in a white room. I can’t remember a thing that just happened. I can only remember that a bright light in front of me, that’s all. I can’t think what happened next and I don’t want to because it makes my head even dizzier. Suddenly, a woman in a white dress came in and I presume it’s the nurse. She came into the room with a sad look on her face.

“What’s wrong?” I asked the nurse. I hope it is not a bad news…

“I’m sorry to tell you about this but…” the nurse stop and tears started to run down her cheeks.

“But what? Please tell me, ma’am.”  I ask the nurse to continue what she wanted to tell me.

“But your parents died when they were on their way to the hospital.” said the nurse.

Is this a dream or it is just my imagination? Did I just lose my parents in a tragic accident? How can this happen so sudden? I…I just can’t accept what just happen to me. I asked the nurse why I am the only one that survives the tragic car crash and she said it was a miracle that I only suffer minor injuries while papa and mom suffer head injuries that cause their death while on the way to the hospital. Does that means I am now an orphan?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A Few Days Later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            I heard that today I’ll be the new family member to a family that has offered to be my new family. I also heard that the whole family members were orphans. Well I guess that maybe this is my fate. Mom, papa, don’t worry about me. I can take care of myself because I’m already a high school student. But I know that you guys will always look after me from up there. I will always love you guys.

Okay, I’m all packed up.” I said to the nurse beside me.

“Can you wait here for the family to pick you up, Miss Song?” asked the nurse.

“Sure, no problem ma’am.” I said with a smile on my face.

 The nurse smiled back and then goes out to help the other patient. I hope they are all nice and kind to me. Can I go along with them in a short amount of time? Can I be a good girl and never gives them trouble? As I am in my own world suddenly a bespectacled boy walks into my ward.

“Hi…” he said but then I cut off his word by my screaming sound.

“Ahh!” I screamed.

“I’m sorry to have scared you. Are you Miss Song Ji Hyo?” he asked.

“Huh? Y…yes.” I said as I come back to the reality. I presume he is one of my new family members. He seems friendly and kind.

“I’m Yoo Jae Suk, the second family member of your new family.” Jae Suk said.

“Well, I suggest that we start driving to your new home Ji Hyo-ah.” Jae Suk said.

            I only nod and smile to Jae Suk-ssi. Maybe I can call him oppa instead of ssi as he is going to be my family. Before we reach home, Jae Suk-oppa said that I am the only girl in the family so I will be given specialities. As we reach our home, I notice that the house is big enough for us to stay together as Jae Suk-oppa said that there are seven boys included him are staying in the house. But…how can I live in a house full of boys?!

“You’ll be fine, Ji Hyo-ah. If you need help, you can just consult me. I will be there to help you.” Jae Suk-oppa said as he smiles at me.

            The tension gone as I heard Jae Suk-oppa said those words. I hope he is my real oppa…I imagine how the other would be like if one of them are like Jae Suk-oppa. He help me carries my bag to my new room and I follow him through the house. As I walk into my new room, it is a bedroom like no other. My bedroom is on the top floor and it has a balcony with a scenic view!

“I hope you like it, we decorate it especially for you.” Jae Suk said.

“Are you kidding me? I love it! This is the best bedroom ever!” I shouted.

“I am happy to hear that, Ji Hyo.” As he said and smile to me.

“Come with me Ji Hyo, I want to show you the whole house.” He asked.

“Sure.” I said.

            And that’s how my first day at my new house. Jae Suk-oppa said that the others will be out for a while but they are back tomorrow. As soon as Jae Suk-oppa goes out, I jump onto my bed and quickly fall asleep as I was very tired that day. I can’t wait to meet the other members.