Chapter 2

Baby

 

They sat together, Siwon's arm tight around Ryeowook on the couch. Siwon kept his hand on Wook's stomach, rubbing it in gentle circles. "Are you feeling okay?" he asked, his voice full of love.
"Yes. I feel so much better now that I've told you. I was scared that you would find it weird and creepy. Every night I would lie next to you and wonder if you would leave me.."
 
Siwon's arm tightened. "I would never leave you. Yes, it's a little strange for you to be a pregnant man, but it's not creepy. It's perfect." He pressed tiny kisses to Wook's hair. The boy rested his head on Siwon's shoulder and let out a shaky breath. 
"I have another doctors appointment tomorrow, could you please come with me?"
"Of course. You don't have to do anything alone Wook, I'm right here for you."
"Thank you Siwon."
Siwon pulled the younger boy into his lap, and felt him snuggle into his chest. Wook's eyes closed, and his breathing slowed.
Siwon just sat there watching over the boy. His eyes were full of love as his eyes traced over the small frame and watched the soft rise and fall of his chest. He ran his fingers lightly over the flat stomach, and marvelled at the baby inside. How could Wook have been scared to tell him? He was delighted at the thought of their new family.
 
Wook shuffled tinily in his arms, and he began to and caress the younger boy's back. He thought of how confused and frightened Ryeowook must have been when the doctor gave him the news. His heart clenched to imagine what thoughts had been running through his boyfriend's mind when he was lying close to him at night wondering whether Siwon would reject him and hate him. Pressing endless kisses to the soft hair, Siwon vowed to himself to always protect Wook and their new baby.
 
When Wook woke up a while later, wrapped protectively in Siwon's arms, he saw the older man had fallen asleep. Smiling as he kissed his lips, he saw Siwon's eyes open and the man stretched a little. 
Suddenly, Wook's eyes opened wide and he ran to the bathroom. Choking horribly, he retched into the toilet. Sitting back and coughing wetly, he felt Siwon's hand squeeze his shoulder and a cool glass of water being pressed into his hand. Taking tiny sips, he managed to drink a little of the liquid. 
 
"You didn't need to help me, I'm sorry you had to see that.."
"I'm sorry you have to go through that. Has it been like that every day?"
"Yes, sometimes more.. I run the shower so that no one hears it.."
Siwon closed his eyes to prevent the tears. "Wookie, you didn't need to do all that to hide it from us. We're not going to hate you or abandon you. Let us take care of you, okay? You need lots of rest, so try and relax."
 
Going back to the living room, they sat together and watched a few shows. Wook's eyes were closing again and soon the boy fell asleep on his chest for the second time. Siwon cradled him gently.
When Sungmin arrived in the dorm, he was immediately shushed by Siwon and he sat down next to the couple. 
"You look happy" Min commented, looking at Siwon's smiling face. "What happened?"
Siwon looked at Wook for a moment, then leaned closer to Min, even though they were the only ones in the dorm. "Can you keep a secret?"
Min nodded eagerly.
"Wook's pregnant."
Sungmin looked confused. "You're joking, right?"
"No, I mean it."
"But you're guys! Guys don't get pregnant."
"The doctor told Wook that he was pregnant. It isn't a joke Sungmin." Siwon's face turned into a scowl and his voice was angry.
Sungmin reached out and touched Siwon's shoulder. "I'm sorry if I sounded unkind. I wasn't saying it's bad or weird. I've just never heard of a pregnant man before." He looked at Wook, and brushed the hair from his sleeping face. "How does Wook feel about it?"
"He found out four days ago, and he told me this morning. He kept it for so long because he was scared I would leave him."
"You won't leave him on his own with the baby, will you?"
"I won't leave him, I'll never leave him." He smiled down at his boyfriend, and his cheek.
 
Gradually, the other members appeared, and flopped down onto the sofas to watch tv. They didn't think anything odd about Wook sleeping, he was just tired from the day.
It was late at night by the time Kangin appeared, with a new bottle of wine. He smiled as he produced it from the bag. "Lets have a drink."
He poured everyone a glass, and soon everyone was drinking happily. But Kangin noticed that Wook hadn't even taken a sip from his glass. 
"What's wrong Wook, is it not nice?" Because his voice was so loud, everyone turned around and looked at Ryeowook, who was blushing from all of the stares.
"No, I'm sure it's lovely. I'm just not drinking tonight Kangin."
"Why? Are you ill?" 
"Just leave him Kyuhyun, if he doesn't want to drink then he doesn't have to." Sungmin smiled gently at Wook and gave a little nod to tell him that he knew of the baby.
Wook blushed deeper, and Leeteuk looked at him carefully.
"Is there something wrong Wook?"
The boy looked at the floor, trying to gain courage. Siwon kissed his hair and whispered gently into his ear. "Do you want me to tell them?"
Ryeowook nodded gratefully at his boyfriend, snuggling into the warm material of his shirt.
 
Siwon cleared his throat. "Ryeowook's pregnant!"
There were different reactions around the room. Zhoumi choked on his mouthful of wine, Kangin stared at the ground in confusion, and Leeteuk leapt to his feet.
"Oh my goodness, congratulations!" He quickly went over to the couple and touched Wook's stomach.
"This is wonderful news! But you should be in bed, you're pregnant!"
"Teukie hyung, I'm going to be pregnant for a while. I can't stay in bed for nine months." Wook looked nervous as he finished his sentence, and Sungmin noticed the change. He gently pulled Ryeowook to his feet. 
"Hyung is right, you should rest. Come on, I'll tuck you in." He led Wook to the bedroom and laid him down on the bed.
 
Meanwhile, Siwon was under interrogation. 
"Why didn't you wear protection?"
"Well, to be quite honest Zhoumi, we didn't think we needed to. We're both guys after all."
"What does Wook think of it all?"
"He was scared that I would leave him, but I would never do that. You know I wouldn't Heechul."
"Siwon, have you thought about what this could do to your career? A baby is a big responsibility."
"I have thought, and I don't care. I'll just get another job if this one is a problem. I'm going to be there for the baby."
 
Ryeowook lay in bed, listening to the conversation through the wall. He was scared when they were asking the questions, maybe Siwon had lied to him when he had promised that it would be okay. But the answers given were sweet and caring, and Wook could hear the honesty in Siwon's voice. He looked up at Sungmin, who was sitting on the edge of the bed. 
"He's a good guy Wookie, he means what he says. He won't leave you and neither will we."
"Thank you Min, do you find it weird?"
"No. I'm surprised that you're pregnant, you are a guy after all, but it's not weird. It's cute, and you'll both make wonderful parents." 
Wook looked down, and twiddled the blankets in his hands. "What if I can't do it?" His voice was small and scared.
"What, give birth?"
"Any of it. What if I'm a terrible parent? What if the baby hates me? What if I hurt the baby?" 
Sungmin lifted up the sheets, and slid in next to Wook. He placed a soft hand on Wook's stomach, and looked him deeply in the eyes.
"Wook, it will all be okay. No one knows how to be a parent at the beginning. But you'll learn, and you won't be alone to do it. We're all here for you, if there are any problems then you can come to us."
Wook nodded, he knew that he would be safe. He couldn't wait to start their new family. 
"You have such a big family" he whispered to the baby. "And we all love you."