Chapter 5

Hide or Madness

 

Hello everyone, finally I am back. I got stuck with my works. And now, i can continue the story. I also try to keep update my EXO's fanfic , "reversed." , so i am so sorry for the delay update! ><

Please enjoy!

 

==~==

Confusion. That is what Shinwoo undergo right now. The unfortunate victim was from his school, and to make it worse, that victim is in the same grade as him. ‘Great’ Shinwoo thoughts. ‘At Monday, police will come to school and giving us questions and questions.’ Shinwoo doesn’t want to be asked, because he did not do anything wrong.

What about the others? Did they do wrong?

Shinwoo ruffles his hair, as the more complex confusion strikes his mind. He needs to believe his friends, but the old man’s words keep haunting him. He did not want to believe in it, yet the situation makes him has to believe in the grey-haired man’s words.

‘I must be strong’ he said to himself, as he covers himself with his spotless, fair blanket. ‘Everything will be alright—yeah, everything will be alright.’

When Shinwoo lays his head on the pillow, he began to think. He remembers that he will meet Jinyoung at Starbucks near the school, precisely at 1 pm. Even though Shinwoo is okay with it, but something odd come to his mind.

Why only both of them? Why not bring Sandeul and Sunwoo also? Does Jinyoung want to say something important, that even both of his close friends are not allowed to know it?

Or…..

The thing that Jinyoung wants to say to him is important, that only Shinwoo is allowed to know that such of thing?

==~==

“Are you going now?”

“Yes, Chansik”

“Don’t forget to buy some milk and bread when you’re on the way home”

“Sure—I won’t forget”

Chansik gives a sheepish smile, as Shinwoo walks away from the house. With his sapphire, short-sleeves shirt, combined with black trousers and a watch, he look like an ordinary city boy—although Shinwoo finds out that, the other boys are more fashionable than he is.

After several minuts, Shinwoo finally arrives in the Starbucks. The smell of coffee, mixed with the scent of fresh bread and the warm atmosphere, makes Shinwoo at ease. Shinwoo took the seat near the window, and look at his watch: 12.59 PM. ‘I come too early’ he thought.

“Sorry to keep you waiting”

Shinwoo looked back, and saw Jinyoung with a white, plain t-shirt and brown field jacket—he wears a dark, skinny jeans. Well, that is what Shinwoo saw.

 “You look good, Jinyoung”

“You look good too, Shinwoo”

“No, I only wear simple clothes”

Both of them giggle, as they sat and face each other. Jinyoung orders Peppermint Mocha Frappuchino, while Shinwoo orders Vanilla Latte (out of curiosity, certainly). While waiting, Jinyoung opens his phone for a while. Shinwoo just look around, examining the situation.

“Analyzing the surroundings?”

Shinwoo smiles when Jinyoung says so. “Bored”

Jinyoung replies with a smile in his face. Somehow, Shinwoo finds out that Jinyoung’s smiles is like an angel—but somehow, he rarely shows it.

He put his cell phone in the table, and gaze at Shinwoo. “I need to tell you something”

Shinwoo stares at Jinyoung, clueless. ‘Finally, the main discussion’ Shinwoo thinks.

Jinyoung sighed, and then looks at Shinwoo again. Shinwoo can feel the anxiety that attack Jinyoung right know—Jinyoung’s eyes were looking down, and he bit his lips a little.

“Jinyoung….” Shinwoo began to speak. “What do you want to tell me? Is it important?”

As the waiter put their drinks in the table and went away, Jinyoung lift up his face a smiles a little. “Do you want to walk with me?”

Shinwoo tilt his head. “Walk with you?”

Jinyoung nodded firmly. “I want to see the surroundings.  You may want to accompany me, because you’re also not from the Seoul, right?”

Shinwoo noded. Jinyoung’s explanation makes sense to him.

“So….?”

Shinwoo drink his Latte, nodded. Jinyoung drinks his Frappuchino, and time goes by so fast. However, Shinwoo does not feel so.

When Jinyoung says that he needs to tell him something, his facial expression becomes different: a mix of anxiety and fright.  Shinwoo began to think: why Jinyoung is so scared to tell an important thing to him? Is that thing is so important, that Jinyoung thought that ‘this is not the right time to say it’?

If it so, then why ask him for a walk?

==~==

“Such a place”

Out from Starbuck, both of them were walking to the nearest park there. The scent of mother earth comes to their nose, and Shinwoo can see the light of sun shines the place. The sounds of children playing in the sandbox and slide, makes him remembered about the park in his hometown—it is not this fancy, but he likes it.

They buy a strawberry cheesecake and a vanilla ice cream, and then sit on the bench near the sandbox. Both of them were eating in silence.

Jinyoung looks up for a while, looking at the blue, flawless sky up there. Shinwoo glance at him while eating his ice cream.

“The world is pitiless,” Jinyoung says with a cheerless voice. “A person dies with his head and arm being separated from his body. When we realize that the person is someone that exist our society, we suddenly realize that the people near us may be taken so quickly from us. What happened if the person is not from our society? We give no intention to that.”

Shinwoo’s mouth was sews up. Even if he hardly understands that, Shinwoo is amazed that Jinyoung can talk that long. Jinyoung rarely talk that long, anyway.

Jinyoung stare at Shinwoo, gives him a sudden laugh.

“What’s wrong?” Shinwoo asked.

Jinyoung just shook his head. “Amazed?”

Shinwoo nodded. Suddenly, Jinyoung gave out his pinkie to Shinwoo.

“Shin Dongwoo” Jinyoung says. “Promise me, that you’ll my best friend—even in the most desperate situation, you’ll always there for me.”

Shinwoo shocked. Why he suddenly makes a promise? It is quite early to make such promise.

“Please, Shinwoo”

Shinwoo silences for a while. Then he gave out his pinkie and makes a pinky promise it with Jinyoung’s.

“I vow to be your best friend, Jung Jinyoung” Shinwoo says “But, you must also promise to be my best friend”

Jinyoung meet his eyes with Shinwoo’s, and smiles.

“You have my word”

==~==

“How’s your day, hyung?”

“It’s a very nice day” Shinwoo replied, as he munched the grilled chicken that Chansik bought from the nearest store. “Jinyoung took me to a park”

“Oh, that park?” Chansik asked, as he drinks his water. “That park is gorgeous, hyung. Luckily you had been there”

“Yeah, Jinyoung is so clever” Shinwoo says.

PIP PIP

“Wait a second” Shinwoo stands up from his seat and then grab his phone. He opens a new message that he just got:

[From: Jung Jinyoung

Shinwoo, I will not be on school on Monday--I got sick. Could you tell the teacher and also Sandeul and Sunwoo about it? I will make sure I can come on Tuesday.]

Shinwoo got confused. Jinyoung was okay back then—how can he get sick so sudden? Then, Shinwoo replied:

[To: Jung Jinyoung

You can give your address to me, so that I will ask Sandeul and Sunwoo to visit you after school. Maybe they can help me to bring something that can cure your sickness]

After a while, Jinyoung replied the message.

[From: Jung Jinyoung

You do not need to visit me, Shinwoo. I will definitely make sure that I will turn healthy on Tuesday. No need to worry, okay?]

‘Really, Jinyoung?’ Shinwoo thought. After replying it, he put his phone and go back to his activities. He will help to note down all details in the class, so that Jinyoung will get complete notes in every lesson.

That is what friends are for, right?

------ ------ ----- ----- ----- ---- --- ---- ----- ---- --- --- -- - - -- --- - - - - - -- -

Jinyoung passes the alley mutely, as he did not want anyone to saw him wondering alone at night like this. He keep his phone in his jacket and then keeps walking.

PIP PIP

He stops for a while, opens his phone, and read Shinwoo’s reply:

[From: Shinwoo

Okay then. Get well soon, Jinyoung. See you on Tuesday.]

 As he finishes reading the message, a little smirk painted in his face. He mumbled as he makes his way back home.

“Thank you, Shinwoo"