Chapter 3

Hide or Madness

I hope that you all didn't get confused about Sunwoo's seating place in the class. What Shinwoo means from the left is that Sunwoo chair's position from his chair. If you enter the class and stand in front of the whiteboard, Sunwoo chair's position is on the right, so does Shinwoo's. Because i wrote in Shinwoo's perception, so it says that it's in the left side, not the right side. Sorry for the confusion ><

=~=

 

KKKRRIIINGGG

Shinwoo wakes up. What time is it? he thought.

He looked at the alarm; it's still 1 AM.

'Dammit. I set the wrong time"

Despite the time, Shinwoo just get up from his bed and open the curtain a bit. The view is amazing: he can still see the stars up in the sky. And the shine of the street lights gave a quite good impression for Shinwoo. Eventhough of that, it's kinda makes him miss the view of his hometown when it's at night: The view of simplicity is echoing in his mind. Compare to the view that he sees now-- it's nothing.

Craving for some drink, Shinwoo turn around and opened the door slowly, afraid of waking Chansik. He close the door slowly, then manages to walk to the kitchen. He take out his favourite grey glass, and making a hot chocolate for himself. He remembers, that her mother will always make him a hot chocolate before he go to sleep. But that habit it stopped when Shinwoo is 8 years old, because Shinwoo didn't really want to have any hot chocolate before he go to sleep. But now, he really needs it.

After a while, his hot chocolate is ready. He drink it slowly because it's still hot, but it's worthed. Shinwoo then walking to the window, open the curtain a bit, and watching the scenery. He didn't want to watch midnight shows, because of Sunwoo's said that midnight shows full of shows, and it's not worthed to watch.

While drinking, Shinwoo is full of thoughts. Yesterday, he got 3 good friends: Sunwoo, Sandeul, and Jinyoung. He felt that it's a good start for him in the new school, so he want to keep it up. But, he also afraids of bullying that always happened in city schools (according to what his father always said). He didn't want to come back home with body full of bruises and several broken bones-- mostly, he didn't want to make people worried about him. He didn't want Chansik to see him hurts, then make his parents stress because of high price of medicine and treatment that Shinwoo should have, because of bullying. No; he didn't want that to happened.

But, all of that, he remembers about what his old neighbour told him.

"Be careful with every people that you'll meet there. They're not worthed to be trully trusted. Why? Because they always hide secrets; a secret, that we didn't want to know. A secret, that was dirty like a mud. A secret, that can brings misery to everyone who wanted to know-- and those who accidentally knows it"

Shinwoo is a bit confused with his old neighbour's statement about it. He every asks why, but the old neighbour never gaves the answer until Shinwoo arrive in Seoul. His old neighbour never go to the city, so why he was so worried about that?

"Hyung?'

Shocked, Shinwoo turned around. He sees Chansik in front of him; his hair was messy and he looks like that he was still sleepy.

"What's wrong, Chansik?"

"N-nothing...." Chansik shook his head slowly. "I just think that you're still sleeping"

"I'm already awake, Chansik"

"Then go to sleep again, hyung"

"Same thing goes to you"

Chansik gave a little smile, then heading to his room. Before Chansik enters his room and go back to sleep, Shinwoo stopped Chansik by calling his name.

"Chansik"

Chansik turned around, confused. "What's wrong?"

There's a silence for a while.

"You know, Chansik.... Do you ever felt that you can't trust people that close to you?"

Shinwoo felt unsure to ask Chansik about his problem, because Chansik is a younger than him and he felt that Chansik won't understand. But, he forced himself to ask. To be more surpisingly, Chansik nodded, giving a "yes" to that question. Shinwoo looked up at him, confused

"Do you still trust them?'

"Yes, hyung...." Chansik said calmly "But, i put a suspicious feelings on them"

"Why?"

"Because they might hurt us in the future"

And then, Chansik enters his room, leaving Shinwoo in a moment silence.

_*_*_*_*__*__*_*

At school, Shinwoo forced himself to keep focus on the study, eventhough his mind is still full of what the old neighbour's said. To remember those words again, Shinwoo feels that the old neighbour wants him to be careful with all of friends that he haves now. But..... He just loves all of them. He trust all of them also.

"Ah, it's so confusing" Shinwoo mumbled suddenly.

"What's wrong?"

Shinwoo looked aside. Jinyoung is staring at him.

"It's nothing, Jinyoung"

"Really?"

"Yeah"

Jinyoung just go back with his writing. Shinwoo look back: Sunwoo was sleeping. Geez, it's just the 3rd class and he's already sleeping, thought him. Judging by Shinwoo's perception, Sunwoo was sleeping so peacefully. Shinwoo didn't dare to wake him up.

"Shinwoo?"

Shinwoo looked front. The teacher was looking at him.

"Did something happened, Shinwoo?"

Busted. That's the only word that can Shinwoo think about. Shinwoo shook his head quickly

"If there's nothing wrong, then please pay your attention to the material that i give to you now"

Shinwoo nodded silently. After a while, Shinwoo looked to the window because the material that the teacher gave is surprisingly, boring. the weather was very nice and he can finds some students were doing sports down there. Shinwoo remember-- His sport class is tomorrow, so Shinwoo must prepare for that

He look at Jinyoung; Jinyoung's eyes was so sharp, but he looks like he's going to sleep in no time. Shinwoo didn't bother that, because he's also feels sleepy. But if he go to sleep, he'll miss the things that the teacher talks now-- plus the teacher will be so mad at him.

The teacher suddenly go back, passing Shinwoo's desk. Shinwoo know it-- she's going to Sunwoo's desk.

"Sunwoo"

Sunwoo didn't move a muscle. The teacher only sigh

"Sunwoo, wake up!"

Sunwoo wake up, a bit surprised to see the teacher is suddenly beside him.

"Don't sleep in my class" said the teacher at him "If you want to sleep, then just leave the class"

The teacher go back to the front, leaving Sunwoo mumbling about the incident. Shinwoo chuckles a bit, then go staright to the lesson.

_*_*_*__*_*_*

"What a nice day"

"Yeah"

"You feel so?"

"Yep"

"Ah, good then"

Jinyoung only gave a little smile to Shinwoo. Both of them were busy in the library, looking for good books to be read. Baro and Sandeul were going to the canteen, finding that reading silently in the library is so boring. Jinyoung and Shinwoo already go to the non-fiction section, but nothing is interested to be read. Shinwoo only sighed.

"I don't really find good books to read, seriously" Shinwoo was keep looking at all of the books in the fiction section, but he didn't find any. Jinyoung, surprising, is already take one book. Shinwoo shocked

"What book do you read?" Shinwoo asked

Jinyoung show his book to Shinwoo. "50 Shades of Gray".

"Great one"

Jinyoung nods, then reading the book. Shinwoo still keep looking, and then he was stopped and read "Alice in Wonderland" instead. Chansik said that it was an amazing book, but Shinwoo never gets a chance to read it.

Both of them were seating in the nearest table. Shinwoo is busy reading the book, and he was amused: A girl who had a journery in a world called "WONDERLAND" , but then it's just a dream. Shinwoo likes that; someday, he wanted to travel to an unknown world and have a pleasant yet wonderful journery there. But, he didn't wanted that it's just a dream, because it's such a waste to just be a dream.

""

Shinwoo looked at Jinyoung, confusely. Jinyoung was looking at his watch

"What's wrong?"

Jinyoung stood up, putting the books in the right place.

"I have something to do. See you later"

"Sure"

Jinyoung then walked away. Shinwoo was keep reading the book, until he was remembered that he didn't asked about why Jinyoung go and left him alone in the library. He regrets that moment.

"Jinyoung just read that book for like 10 minutes" he mumbled. "Never mind."

Shinwoo then making himself busy will the books that he reads now.

_*_*_*__*_*_*_*_*

"It was a good day"

"Yap"

Shinwoo and Jinyoung were busy talking in front of the class. They now walking to the school gate, about to seperate to their respective home.

For some reason, Shinwoo thinks that Jinyoung is a very good friend: He was silent, anyway, but he listened to people well. Jinyoung gives good reply to everything that Shinwoo told him, and it makes Shinwoo likes Jinyoung more. He didn't want to lose Jinyoung, like he didn't want to lose his family members, including Chansik.

"So, do you ready for the sports class tomorrow?"

"Iyap"

"Why you gave so many short response to every thing that i said?"

Jinyoung looked at him "Because i found it non-sense to give a long response"

You don't say, Shinwoo thought.

Both of them were standing in the front gate now. Jinyoung then looked back.

"See you tomorrow, Shinwoo"

"Yeah. See ya"

Jinyoung then walked away. But then, he turned back.

"Shinwoo"

Shinwoo looked at him

"You're a nice friend" Jinyoung stated, then walks back home. Shinwoo is truly happy to hear that statement; it feels that he already becomes a good friend for Jinyoung, and it's okay.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Chansik let the TV , while he was busy making dinner. Shinwoo was busy showering.

The news was on the TV. Chansik looked a while to the TV, and found out that the news in the TV was shocking; making himself stop cooking and watch the news silently.

Shinwoo then open his room's door, seeing that Chansik is not finish cooking. He look confused

"Chansik" he asked "What's wrong with the news?"

"Listen to it, hyung"

Shinwoo confused, then he just go and sees the TV. After a while, he found out that the news was so shocking.

"Headline news for today:

A body of a student was found up in a park today.

When the police found the body,

the head of the student was missing,

and the left arm was found 200 m from the body"