Cresents

Teasing

 

Jiyong's POV

 

"I'll text you the address," I told her and took out my phone but then she just shook her head before I could do anything. 

"Or we can just walk home together? I'm guessing you meant to go work at your house today..."she remarked. And in that instant I wanted to slap myself.

"OH..oh yeah. Right. So we'll just go to my house after school then?" she nodded her head and went to class before me.

 

During the last hour of the school, I was lost in the thoughts about Bom visiting my home. Is my room clean? Do I have to buy some snacks? Will she be staying long enough for dinner? Normal stuff like that but I was more concentrated on the order of my bedroom. I'd rather not want her to see any unwanted things lying around. My observation of Bom so far is that she may come from a proper and quite formal family. She had an interesting lunch only fit for fancy restaurants and she gets driven to and from school everyday. So I want to treat her as properly as I can. 

Then before I knew it, the bell rang. I snapped out of my thoughts and jumped a little since the loud bell honestly scared me. I didn't even pay any attention to what was going on.

Then I saw Bom just by her seat slowly packing up and some students started to leave the room. I felt a light tap on my shoulder and I looked up.

"Hey, Ji. The class is over. Want to go home?" Yongbae asked. I pondered on the thought for a bit. There was no problem walking home with Yongbae either since he takes the same route as I do, so I nodded and started to pack my own things. I saw that Bom was just about done taking her stuff so I quickly walked to her seat.

"Hey Bom," I said to her and I could see Yongbae's confused reaction.

Bom slowly looked up and I was a bit shocked. She keeps on surprising me with those eyes of hers that turned into cresents when she briefly smiled and also looked at Yongbae. I saw Yongbae giving a short wave and it seemed like he was turning into a shy person for a second there.

"You ready Bom?" she nodded her head as she slowly got up and took her things while Yongbae nudged me on the side.

"She's going to be walking with us since we're going to have to work on the project," I told him and he didn't question any further.

 

The walk was silent and it was suffocating. Usually, Yongbae and I would get lost in our own small talks but now that we have a girl, the mysterious Park Bom with us, it seems that we have nothing to say. Mostly due to the fact that we don't know her that well or because she's busy talking to her dad on the phone and we just don't want to interrupt.

Despite the awkward atmosphere around us, I was internally happy at the outcome. I was seriously nervous of being alone with Bom. Since lunch time, my thoughts were unorganized and it just somehow felt weird inside. The feeling of just being near her now made me feel all shy and I get that it's not me who's shied away at the presence of Park Bom.

Yongbae, the carefree person who has always been confident and cheery has somehow turned into a little mouse. The situation was hilarious but as I looked at Bom, she seems to not have any problem with it. 

"Dad, I'll be fine. It's only going to be a few hours…it's…" she looked at me for a second and put her phone away, "how far is your house from the school?" she asked.

"Umm..it's..only about 10…15 minutes away?" I told her. Talking to her still felt new to me that I ended up stuttering.

"Dad, it's only 10 to 15 minutes away, by walking…I'll text him the address as soon as we get there…ok…bye," she finally hanged up.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Yes, everything's fine. Parents, they just worry about little things."

"Don't worry," Yongbae finally spoke as he put his hand on my shoulder holding me back a little, "Ji is a very nice guy. He'll make sure you're okay."

Bom's lips turned into a smile once more and it somehow lifted the awkward atmosphere there for a little. "I'm sure he is," she said.

From that point, I made a mental note to protect Bom when she's with me. I somehow wanted to really convince her that I'm trust worthy not only to her but to her parents. Once I realized that I was somehow smiling, I shook my head a little and looked at something else other than Bom.

Moments passed and it seemed that things got a little better for all of us. Yongbae started to joke but not as much as he'd used to. I appreciated that since I didn't want to drive Bom away with his weirdness. Yongbae can be too carefree with his words. Then Yongbae finally had to say goodbye once we reached my house.

As I waved goodbye to my friend, I felt my body heating up a little at the realization that I was now alone with Bom. Not just because Yongbae is gone noe but because we're actually really going to be alone with each other. My sister just messaged me that she was shopping with mom and dad's not going to be home any time soon. Well, at least I don't have to deal with the awkward meet-the-family situation.

I turned back to Bom, "I guess it's just us now," I made a nervous smile and just walked passed her to get to my door but I also caught a glimpse of her nodding her head so cutely with her lips pressed together and her cheeks slightly puffing up. It made me melt inside a little that she can be this cute.

I fidgeted with my keys a little but I finally found the right one. I opened the door and stepped in first to get an overall look on the house. I breathed out a sigh of relief and silently thanking my mom for keeping it clean. I turned back to Bom and made way for her to come inside.

Once the door closed, I felt even more nervous. Having a girl over is not a new thing for me since my friends would hang out here from time to time but with Bom, it's certainly a different feeling. A very new feeling to be exact.

"So this is...your home," she said while looking around. I could only nod at her statement since I felt a little stiff. It felt like she was giving an inspection on the place. With my assumption that she comes from a very well-off family, a small house such as this could be simply new to her.

"We'll be working upstairs in my room if that's okay with you," I said.

"Yeah, sure," and with that we head up the stairs while my heart pounded at the very worried feeling if I cleaned up my room well enough. I detested the fact that I was this nervous. I really wanted to give a good impression on her, I guess. But as I got lost in this obsession to give a good impression, I didn't realize the little obstacle along the hallway. I simply tripped with my legs swinging up but with my hands extended to the ground ready to catch my fall. Good thing I have fast reflexes. I was almost about to fall on my face if I didn't extend out my hand. I was sort of like in a planking position. Once I turned my eyes down towards whatever that I tripped on, I wanted to facepalm myself at my failure. I tripped on one of my sister's stuffed toys. I wanted to get back at her at that moment but then my thoughts immediately stopped. 

A happy sound filled the air. It sounded pleasant and it just brought light into this slightly dark hallway. I looked up and saw Bom failing to hold in her giggle.  I could only smile as I slowly got up.

Her cheeks now rising up with her lips forming into a smile. As she giggled, her eyes turned into cresents once more. She turned away from my gaze probably to spare me from embarrassment but all I could do was gaze at how she was simply adorable.

 

 

 

A/N: so sorry guys...my internet is acting weird so I couldn't update much and I'm very busy right now:( but I hoped you enjoyed this