O N E S H O T

Lightless

>

Blood, it was scattered everywhere. On the marble floor, on the pale yellow walls, on the photo frames on the coffee table. On the center of the living room lied a lifeless body, in a few seconds, she would be gone on this world. On her body is a knife, a knife that plunged through her skin and will be the cause of her death.

The policemen were just outside the door with her boyfriend, the inside was locked by the criminal who stabbed her. The doors were chained. But what the police didn't know of is the broken window on the kitchen, where the suspect escaped.

Kwon Jiyong, 20, stood stunned on the front door. The police were trying everything to open the damn door; they didn't even try looking around the house for a place to enter. His mind was completely blank, and his eyes were still wide.

"Damn it, ahjussi. Canyou please hurry up? She might be dying!" Jiyong's best friend, Taeyang, 20, took the opportunity to ask the policemen. He took two steps backward and slammed his body on the door sideways. But he failed anyways. "Look around, please! There might be another way! She can't be dying!"

That's when light bulbs appeared on the men's head and they scrambled around the house, it took them three minutes to find the broken window and entered through there. A shocking scene welcoming them with the aroma of fresh blood.

"Kyung-Pil, open the door so the others could come in." One officer said, his junior immediately following and tried to break the chains. Fifteen minutes or so passed before he actually broke it and Taeyang came in with Jiyong while he mumbled some curse words under his breath. When he saw the lifeless body, he immediately froze. "I-is she...?"

"Dead on the spot." The senior officer said to the Kyungpil guy and he wrote somethings on his little notebook, the officer looked up at the two boys who were rooted on their place. "Let's bring her to the hospital, what is your relationship with the victim?"

"I'm her cousin." Taeyang whispered, still not believing the scene in front of him. "And this...is her boyfriend, Jiyong Kwon."

The medics team gathered the corpse quickly and the policemen called the two youngsters to come with them for investigation.

But in Jiyong's head, everything seemed like it's on black and white, and on mute.

His girlfriend...

His girlfriend is dead.

How cruel the world is.

-----

"...no, I don't believe any of you. She's not dead." Jiyong said, removing Daesung's hand on his arm roughly as he glared at him. "She's not dead, goddamnit. She's just sleeping! So be quiet and let her rest! Go home."

Though he was trying to stop it, his tears were flowing out like the rain that was pouring outside. That's right. It was raining on the day of her funeral. The world couldn't get any more cruel. Or maybe heaven was crying for her soul too? Nonetheless, they took someone precious away. He'd rather die.

"Hyung." Seungri whispered as he tugged on the older boy's tuxedo. He was on the verge of tears too. The noona who showered him with care and love had been taken to heaven. The noona that he treated as his own sister. "I know this is hard for you, but she won't be happy seeing you like this. Go home and rest. The burial's tomorrow."

"Burial? Who's getting buried? No one, right? So I'm staying." Jiyong insisted as he lightly shoved his friends away. "You all go home, I'm going on a date with my girlfriend. Go home safely, ok? I'd buy you great food after our date."

"Stop it, Kwon Jiyong." TOP muttered, his voice rising slightly. Taeyang squeezed his shoulder to avoid a fight. "Let's all go home and come back tomorrow. Either you go home now on your own will or we would drag you out here ourselves."

"But I have to date with my girlfriend right now!" Jiyong's eyes flared in anger as he pushed TOP harshly. "I'm going on a date so go home! I don't need any of you here!"

--

Four months later.

Jiyong was sent to the mental asylum after he had gone crazy, he was trying everything that would kill himself and he was more violent than usual. Sometimes, he would be caught laughing out by himself or was talking on the phone when no one's on the other line.

His friends have tried giving up on him but they all got guilty; Jiyong was once a good friend to them, too.

The friend who visited him the most on the asylum is his deceased girlfriend's cousin, Taeyang. You could say that they were like twins that couldn't be separated for just a day.

"Did Minjae call you yet?" Jiyong asked as he struggled sitting straight up because his hands were bound behind him. "Did she?" Taeyang sighed; Jiyong will never accept that fact that she was already dead.

"She's dead now." Taeyang observed his reaction. Jiyong's face fell for a moment before his eyes brightened up again, much to Taeyang's disbelief.

"Did she cook ramyun today? I'm hungry."

"SHE'S DEAD, JIYONG. Dead, she can't cook! She doesn't exist anymore! Can you put that in your head just once?!" Taeyang's temper got the best of him and he let out a deep breathe to calm himself down. "I'd visit some other time." He stood up abruptly leaving the older one staring at him before heading back inside his ward.

"Oh, look. It's raining." He stared at the empty space beside him. "You love the rain, don't you? I wonder why they keep saying you're dead when you're just in front of me. Pft. Liars."

-----------

END.

I know it's short x)

And the ending's a cliffhanger(:

PPWAAAHAHAHHA!

Comments please!