Plan

Traveling the World with Kim Jaejoong and Jung Yunho

 

[ Nicole’s POV ]

 

We arrived at our hotel in Maui at around 9pm. The sky was bright red-orange with the warm tropical sunset.  Hara, of course, took dozens of pictures of it on my camera (obviously not using the one Yunho had given her). Like before, we were given our room keys and the rest of the day to relax before we began the plans for our day tomorrow. Jaejoong and I were supposed to spend the day at Wailea beach, whereas Hara and Yunho were assigned to Makena beach (both of which we had never heard of). 

Hara and I dragged ourselves up to our hotel room and collapsed on the couches from exhaustion and frustration, not even taking the time to take a look around our room or start unpacking. We gave each other the most recent updates about the two jerks and then discussed how much we weren’t looking forward to tomorrow’s ‘wonderful day at the beach’.

“Why does Mr. Han pair us like this every time?” Hara ranted with frustration.

“I don’t know, but I’m not going to take it. I don’t want to have this vacation be ruined by that Jaejoong anymore. I hate Mr. Han so much for this.”

“Nicole, he’s not going to change things. You know Mr. Han. He’s been the vice principle at this school for as long as anyone can remember. He won’t adjust to a student’s desires or to anyone’s desires. He’s stubborn. He’s not going to give you what you want just because you asked.”

She’s right.

I sighed. “Then I guess this whole vacation is going to be .” I said candidly. “Thanks, Mr. Douche.” I said sarcastically (obviously referring to Mr. Han).

“You realize that now? I realized that when Yunho first sat next to me on the plane on the first day.” I sat up and buried my face in my hands. Nothing could describe the extreme frustration that we both felt. We had lost complete faith in any possibility of this vacation becoming fun.

“Hm, that’s funny.  Makena beach and Wailea beach are so close to each other. They’re literally a walking distance away.”

“Wait, seriously?” An idea erupted in my mind like a volcano. “Hara, let me see that map.” I grabbed it and looked for Wailea and Makena. The road map indicated that Hara’s words were true; the two beaches  were merely a few short blocks away. A fifteen to twenty minute walk at the most to get from one to the other. “Hara, what if we left our beaches without the guys and walked to each other?”

“That’s not the best idea. Mr. Han would--  “

“I do not give a about Mr. Han. I just want to have a good time. Besides, would you really rather spend the day with Yunho?”

Hara shuddered. “Oh god no…”

“This is the only other option.”

Eventually we agreed on meeting up at a gas station in between the two beaches. Maybe, just maybe, we could save at least one day of our vacation-gone-wrong.