A Good Person

Traveling the World with Kim Jaejoong and Jung Yunho

[ Nicole’s POV ]

 

Once again, there we were sitting together on the plane just like the first day. Except at that moment, I hated Jaejoong a little more than before.  We went through hours and hours of complete silence over a hatred so great it was almost tangible.

But at least Hara’s happy (or, at least I think she’s happy) with Yunho. He seemed nice to her (maybe a little too nice… what kind of guy would randomly buy a phone and a camera for a girl he’s only known for 2 days!?).  I guess I’m happy for her.  I hope they turn out to be good friends (or more? … No. I know Hara. She definitely wouldn’t date a guy like Yunho, she hates players).  I was lost in my thoughts for a long time, when suddenly Jaejoong spoke unexpectedly.

“You know… I really meant what I said.”

I rolled my eyes. “I know you meant it when you said you hated me at Tokyo Disney. No surprise there.”

“No. Not that. I meant what I said when I apologized.”

I paused and looked up at him. “What kind of girl do you take me for? Do you think I’m an idiot? Do you really think I’ll forgive you after--  “

“No. I know you won’t forgive me, even though we’re sort of even now.”

“Even?”

“Yeah. Even. I act like a douchebag,” he turned his head to show the dark bruise on his cheek, then continued, “and then you give me this. We’re even.”

I fought against the guilt I felt inside. “You deserved so much more than just one little bruise.”

“Nicole. Tell me something: Do you really not feel one bit of remorse for this? Although I haven’t known you for very long, I know you’re not a bad person. You wouldn’t--  “

“Oh, please! Don’t try to up to me.” I hissed. “And you don’t deserve one bit of my remorse.”

“You deserve mine. And that’s why I apologized.”

“Well I don’t believe your apology was sincere. Because it isn’t.”

“Is there a way I can prove it to you?”

“Ha! You’re Kim Jaejoong. You can’t be a good person to save your life.”

He chuckled mockingly. “Is that all I have to do? Be nice?”

“Sure. But you don’t know how to do that.”

“Yes I do. I’ll start right now by complimenting you.” He smiled. “You look very pretty today.”

I rolled my eyes. “When you be nice, you have to mean the things you say.”

“You also have to trust in people’s sincerity, accept their compliments, and not make accusations.”

I had no comeback for that. I sighed and lazily looked up at him. “…Look, be nice enough to me and I’ll consider giving you a second chance.” He nodded in agreement.

I expected our little deal to change absolutely nothing.