"What Is it that you do?"

Heven in Hell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: I did not proof read this.

 

Heaven in Hell

Chapter 2:

“What is it that you do?”


 

“Heechul, don’t you dare say a word that you're his brother, he stopped being your sibling when you accepted to come with me, so don’t delude yourself. He is no longer your brother, He doesn't even know who you are.” If i had a penny for everytime i hurt somebody i would be richer than generations of kings and queens. The man before me was unrecognizable, never would have i imagine him to act this way. After all he never cried after he was transformed. With that i walked out of the office, leaving him there to his thoughts.


 

“ Wow, your pretty cute, are you sleeping with our boss?” Really out of all the possible outcomes of a conversation i could walk in on, i walk in on the most embarrassing one. The boy in question blushed and bowed his head a little “ No, mmmm..... like i said earlier we just met...” I lingered in the in the background hoping to listen in on the ridiculous interrogation my employees were having with Yesung. “ So... theres a possibility that you will sleep with him. Yah~ you really have some major guts to begin a conversation with him. Most people avoid him even if he looks so adorable. He has a nasty personality, IF you get on his bad side which apparently you're not. Do you perhaps owe him a favor?” Eunhyuk was going to far, but even then i couldn't stop the conversation “ Actually i think i owe him now... I still don’t know your names.” Nothing of what he spoke reached the others ears for now they were talking amongst themselves “ Donghae you think he’s one of us. Altho i dont think so, i mean sure he’s cute but not as good looking what do you say?” Immediately Donghae sizes the smaller males chin only to turn it from side to side, the grip seemed to be bruising on the pale skin but if it was uncomfortable the boy didn't show it. I wanted to rip that hand off of him, what right did he have to touch MY Yesung like that. “ I don’t think so...Perhaps you know Kyuhyun’s real ‘profession’?” Yesung just tilted his head to the side and gave a look of a confused puppy “ Yeah the whole Mythical being thing?” Kangin asked this time, Yesung looked more lost by the second “ Mythical being?” but before Yesung could get anything more coherent out of his lips  Heechul had brushed past me. “ Yah! Don’t you have better things to. Look theres more clients go take care of them.” A line of protest were thrown at him but he decided to ignore them and turn towards Yesung “ Hi i’m Heechul but you can call me whatever your little heart desires. Now come, i’ll get you an application and start your training.” I looked at him with cautions eyes, the man was scary, if i hadn't witness what i did, back in my office i would have thought nothing had happened. Yesung smiled up at him and nodded. Heechul gave him the most dazzling smile that even had me blushing, no not really Death does not blush, maybe look embarrassed if caught of guard but then again that in itself was rare. But still damn that man. “ So Yesung before we continue with the whole business why don’t you tell me what you have been doing with your life this past... oh i don’t know 5 months.” What is wrong with him? Did none of my words reach him? As they were passing by me Yesung eyes brighten and gave me a smile while i gave Heechul a warning look. “ What are you doing?” I asked with a firm note in my voice “ Relax Kyuhyun, I’m just getting along with him just like you asked me to. Its not like i’m going to bend him over the table and him or tell him our dirty little secrets. After all, he already seems like a little brother to me. Hey Sungie, right i’m like your brother? Call me hyung, yes ? Oh My Gosh look Kyunnie he’s blushing. Oh i could just eat him up.” All the while Heechul had Yesung in a tight embrace, with one hand on his waist and the other pinching the others cheek. I will not admit that the gestures were making me want to pull Yesung out of his embrace. And then to my horror Heechul pecked the younger on the lips. I don’t know how my face looked at this moment but the smirk on Heechul’s face gave me a hint. This had the younger red as a tomato and the older looking smug. “ Now baby bro should we continue to our destination.” Yesung did not answer for it looked like he was about to hyperventilate. Heechul was trying to tease me if not asking for me to dispose of him because when they started to move past me, he made a point of putting his arm at the younger males lower back, and to top it all off he stuck his tongue out at me. I had to resist the urge to stick mine out at him, i was not going to give him the satisfaction of letting him hurt my pride. Altho i will say that i was walking out with my pride slightly scratched, still i was not going to show it. I mean what is that! Everyone was calling me by my name, some behind my back and then some ( cough Heechul cough) giving me nick names, Kyunnie?! What the is that.


 

I walked back to the apartment to get my dog. “ Come on Demon we’re going for a walk.” We rounded the corner and already uncollected spirits were flocking my every step. This was the worst part about being a grim reaper, the souls that were not collected during the day walked the streets aimlessly,asking questions to deaf ears. Thats until they notice me, to normal people i look like any other man ( obviously with better looks) but to them its not the same. What they see is not only my physical form but they can see shadows surrounding me, it's different from an aura: an aura is light that borders a person, as for the shadows they cling to my being like smothering clouds. Well atleast the walk was doing its job,and i could get a head start on collecting the souls not only that but it was keeping me from wondering what Heechul was talking about with yesung; Yesung that kid i wanted to protect him. If he were to find out that his ‘co-workers’ were actually all dead, that the person sitting right next to him at this moment was his brother, and that I myself was Father to all dead, I would be forced to give him 2 options regardless if he was healthy as a horse or one breath from death. I could ask him to die and go like normal humans would or i could give him the option of staying with me. But no, i don’t want him in this life not him, if i could avoid it, yes. But if it really came to that i would hope that he would choose to stay with me as my lover not as a servant. It is strange what this creature could do to me and not to mention the possibility that the boy had started to play with my heartstrings the moment i lay eyes on him. Figuratively at least since i didn't really have a heart. I don’t know for how long i had been walking but the sun was setting, pretty soon i would have to go collect more souls, mostly the difficult ones that refuse to let go, those always gave me a headache, since it was proven that my minions couldn't handle it. With that i started to head back to the apartment to get a nap in before i had to go out. I didn’t really needed sleep but i was feeling drained. Another part of me was telling me that; that was an excuse and what i really wanted was to know how yesung was doing and know if i had to do some damage control.

 

When i got home i realized that i couldn't spot yesung anywhere. It might be that he was still talking to heechul in the office, I would have to ask heechul later on how their conversation went. When i got to the apartment i realized how tired i really felt. I had to drag myself to the bed not bothering to make myself more comfortable. I probably looked like a dead person,... oh the irony. I think it was about an hour after i had fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter