Meeting Him. One And Only, Jung Daehyun.

Thank You, Jung Daehyun

 

Another boring day at school, with people taking care of me. I'm sick of it. Why do I have to be blind? Why must I be the one? Did I do something wrong in my previous life? I walked out of the school gates, meeting my mother and walking home. “How was school today honey?” She asked. “Horrible as usual. Why is school so boring?” I replied, my mood obviously horrible too. She chuckled and replied “Honey, school might be boring but you have to go to school.” I pouted and continued walking. Suddenly, I remembered something. “Umma, I had a test today and they said something about some gifted student and they want to meet you tomorrow.” She hummed and opened the door to our house. It wasn't small but it wasn't huge either. It was big enough to fit two people. Why two? My father died in a car accident 9 years ago. I changed out of my school uniform, finally learning how to and changed into shorts and a tank top beneath a cardigan. . How do I know what is what? Well, I learnt to feel the different types of material and I organized my clothes according to their colour and material, with the help of my mother of course. I think I was wearing a pair of denim shorts and a white tank top beneath a blue cardigan. I walked over to my vanity slowly and brushed my hair. I took my sunglasses and slippers as I walked out of my room. “Umma! I'm going to the park. I'll be back in a while.” I heard her shout okay and went to the door. I wore my slippers and opened the door. I walked to the park slowly, with the help of railings and I kind of got used to walking in the darkness. I made my way slowly to the wooden bench and sat on it. “I wonder how the park looks like. I wonder what the colour of the sky is today. I wonder how umma looks like. I wonder how I look like.” I mumbled to myself, not knowing there was another person beside me on the bench. I sighed and hung my head low. I was ashamed of going out. I didn't want anybody to know that I was blind. Isn't it a shame? I can't see. I can't go anywhere with out help. I can't feel independent. I can't do anything myself. I felt myself cry at that moment but somehow, no tears were streaming down my cheeks. I realised. I can't even cry now. Without eyes, I can't cry? What nonsense. Right...? Wait a minute... Is someone holding onto my cheeks, my face? I wasn't in the same position I was in 3 minutes ago. Someone was holding onto my face, wiping my tears. Someone was there but I didn't know. I was wondering and thinking too much to not know that someone was there. Oh yeah, that's right. I'm blind.

 

Hey. Stop crying.” I heard a voice. “Why must I be blind?” I asked. “God planned everything dear, you can't change it.” He replied. I snapped back to the reality and pulled away. “Who- Who are you?” I stammered. “Hello. My name is Daehyun. Jung Daehyun.” He replied with a calming yet sweet and bubbly voice. Could it be? Someone is finally accepting me? I furrowed my eye brows and he said “I kind of saw you crying there and I didn't know what to do so I came over and wiped the tears off...?” I smiled and nodded my head as an appreciation.

 

---3 Months Later---

 

Yah! Jung Daehyun!” He came to my side and kissed me quickly on the forehead, then the cheek, then the lips. I pouted and he chuckled at my reaction. “Sweetie!” I heard my mother call. I was about to answer until she continued “Come into my room with Daehyun please.” I looked at Daehyun and we walked to the room, holding hands. “Yes umma?” I said. “Come here sweetie. The doctor found eyes for you.” I smiled brightly. I would be able to see Daehyun, my mother, the sky, the Earth, myself...

 

The next day, I walked into the hospital with Daehyun and mother. The doctor explained the operation procedures and I held Daehyun's hand tightly. I was scared. What if I still can't see after the operation? What if the operation fails? What if I can't see Daehyun...? I walked towards the door of the operation theater. “You'll be here, waiting for me, right?” I asked Daehyun timidly. What if he won't? He said “Of course I will honey. Be brave. Love you as always.” He pecked my lips and let go of my hand. I walked into the operation theater and as the doors shut behind me, the anxiety rose.

 

3 hours... The painful 3 hours that I had. Could I see Daehyun? For once? Myself? For once? My mother? For once? The doctor unwrapped the bandage around my eyes and slowly, I could see light. No more darkness. As more of the bandage was taken off, the hospital light was blinding my eyes. I shut my eyes and slowly opened them as the doctor made a sound. I opened one, then the other and I saw a woman in her mid 40's waiting for me, smiling brightly. Her long, wavy brunette hair. “Umma...?” I asked. She chuckled and hugged me. I smiled as I finally saw her. I can see... I can see for once. “Umma, where is Daehyun?” I asked her. I wanted to see him. I needed to. Her smile became a frown. Her face fell. She replied “The park.” I got out of the hospital bed and dashed to the park where I first met him. I had to see him, for the first time in my life. My boyfriend. Jung Daehyun.

 

I reached the park in a second and I saw... I saw a boy sitting on the wooden bench. Could he be Daehyun? I walked over and said “Daehyun...?” He looked back at me. Was he wearing sunglasses? He stood up and said “Do- Do you know me?” I was shocked. He couldn't remember? We just met up 3 hours ago. Was he just... Playing with me? “Daehyun- You- Don't remember me?” I was broken. MY heart was stabbed, ripped. How could he? He walked beside me and touched my face like the first time. He touched my cheeks and smiled lightly. He touched my lips and smiled wider. “Rae Eun?” I nodded my head vigorously and hugged him. “Daehyun-ah, why are you wearing sunglasses. I thought you're not the type...” I asked him. “It's just that I gave up something precious for my love.” He replied calmly. “Wh- What?” He repeated again “I said. I gave up my eyes for my love.”

 

My boyfriend who could see. My boyfriend who was perfect. My boyfriend who would do anything for me. I know what love is. I understand it. I feel it. I experienced it. I love too. I am now seeing my perfect boyfriend with the own eyes that were owned by him. He saw me with his eyes and now, I see him with his eyes. This is what you call love.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Is this long? I didn't really write a one shot before so I hope you like it ^^ Dear Daehyun fans out there, I hope you enjoy this one shot and please comment, subscribe and vote. :)