chapter one

Take Me to Neverland

Jinri was always alone. In school and outside. Her parents had left her out, leaving her stranded in an abandon house but she had worked for the money to decorate it the way she wanted. She knew how to cook and take care of herself. One of her best friends, Victoria helped her learn to cook and do the laundry; before she had left to go to China with her family. 

All of her other close 'friends' had left her for exactly no reasons at all. Was it because of how she looked? Her personailty? Her style? She doesn't know the reason at all. During lunch time, she would try to sit next to them and have a conversation, a nice one but they would move away from her. Leaving her isolated sitting alone. Like how her parents left her. Why again? She asks. She gives up trying to sit with them and just tries to find a seat that doesn't have anyone near. The corner would be her seat everytime during lunch. 

"Hyung. Who's that cute girl over there?" He asked Luhan. "Ah! I think that's Jinri. Choi Jinri. Isn't she in all your classes? Some with Sehun?" Sehun looked over at the two. "What about me?" Luhan pointed at Jinri, who was staring outside. "Ohh. She is in most of my classes but not three of them. Why?" 

Luhan shook his head and smiled at Sehun. "Nothing." 

"Tell me more about her?" Jongin asked. Jinri got up and put her trash in the trashcan. Jongin eyed her as she walked out of the lunchroom. "She hardly talked to anyone.. only the staff basically. Her friends turned their backs on her-" Jongin cut him off, "Why?" Luhan shrugged. "I don't know either. Anyways, her best friend was Victoria, Song Qian. Victoria moved back to China along with her family. Jinri used to talk to her a lot." He paused and glanced at Jongin. He noticed that Sehun was listening closely too. 

"-- that's all I know about her." Luhan patted Jongin's and Sehun's back. "Why would anyone not be friends with her?" Luhan rolled his eyes, "I just told you that I don't know the reason why Jongin-ah." 

 

 

Jongin thought of Jinri. Her black long wavy hair and her pale skin, almost like Snow White's. Why would I want to know about her now? He thought as he lied down on his bed. Staring at the ceiling. 

School was almost over. Just a couple more weeks. 

"Jongin-ah, mind if you run over to the library and get me some mermaid science books?" His older sister, Jiwoo peeked through the door. He had nothing else to do. Homework? Already finished it. Well with some help from his fellow 'fangirls'. Jongin was quite popular with his flock of his eleven friends. "Sure noona." He smirked and hit shoulders with Jiwoo. "Yah! I told you not to call me noona!" She yelled and was about to smack Jongin hard on his back but saw their mom and dad in the kitchen. 

"Where are you going?" His dad asked as he plomped a cherry in his mouth. "Library. In search for Jiwoo's mermaid books."  His dad nodded. "Be safe honey!" His mom added. Jongin waved. 

 

He searched for the mermaid science books. Not even bothering to look at the letters up above the book shelves. He let out a grunt and scratched his non-itiching neck. Jongin went to the front desk. The librarian was sleeping with a shrimp crackers bag in her hand and glasses crooked. He couldn't blame her, it was the library after all.

After a few more minutes of searching, he went to the corner of the library. Finally he found the book. Under the section X-Z though. 

"Take me to neverland..." He heard a voice beside him. He looked to his left and saw the girl, Jinri. She must've been to immersed in reading the book. Jongin sat beside her. He wanted to know more about her. Jongin looked at her face. Jinri, not noticing his presence beside her, turned back to the first page. 

"Take you to neverland eh?" He paused, "Sure thing." Jinri looked beside her. "Wh- when we-" Jongin placed his finger over her plumped, red lips. "Come on." He dragged her out of the library. Jinri quickly put the book on the front desk. "Y-yah, what about your book?" She stopped running, making Jongin stop too. Jinri glanced at his book. "Mermaids?" She laughed. Jongin smiled. "N-no, it's for my sister~" He whined. "Now to your neverland~" 

"Aren't you Kim Jongin?" They were still at the same spot. "--and besides, I was just reading. We have school tomorrow.." She was about to turn back but he tightened his grip around her wrist. "Then you'll be at neverland tomorrow morning." Jinri looked at him. "No, it's okay.." She shook her wrist out of his grasp and walked back home.

"Don't forget! We have the same classes together anyways!" He shouted. Jinri looked down and grinned. Rolling her eyes, she looked up. Jongin was still watching her until she dissappeared from his sight.

Does she come to the library every night? He thought.

 

 

_