2. Beauty

BEAST and Beauty (EXO WOLF INSPIRED)

  1. Soo-Jin
 
 
Transferring into another class in the middle of the school year is not something Soo-Jin Park would normally do, but under some set of circumstances she really had no choice.
 
 
It was a given that she felt awkward not knowing anyone during class but no one bothered her, which she assumed was alright.
 
 
When she runs into someone on the way home from school she knew that she probably should’ve looked where she was going.
 
As Soo-Jin looks up to apologize, her words get caught in and goes dry.
 
 
It was the devil.
Not devil literally, or in a rude or standoffish way, but more in his appearance and aura.
His face was devilishly handsome and he was practically the walking definition of charismatic; he was a winner in height as well—
At least a whole head taller than she was and he easily towered over her small frame.
He was unconventionally handsome, but he made her feel uneasy.
 
Like he was dangerous.
But she just shrugs off the feeling.
 
He was the kind of guy who would keep her awake all night and then haunt her in her dreams.
And he was her classmate now.
 
He looks surprised to see her for a moment, but then his face breaks into a dazzling smile. It takes all of Soo-Jin’s will power not to swoon.
 
 
“Hi,” he greets her.
 
“Hi,” she echoes back.
All she can do is stare at him and marvel in his closeness—
But with her ears turning a tinge of pink, she takes a step back to increase the distance between them. 
 
A moment of awkward silences passes before the boy picks up the conversation once more.
“You’re in my class right?”
“I think so,” Soo-Jin nods, not sure whether to look at his face or the ground.
The boy smiles again and they both turn to look at the street.
 
 
He reaches in front of her to press the crosswalk button and Soo-Jin can smell his cologne as he leans away from her.
'He smells nice,' she thinks as she looks at her shoes.
 
 
“Do you normally go this way?” he inquires, turning slightly to face her.
 
She nods, meeting his eyes and then looking elsewhere.
 
“I’ve never seen you come this way before,” he elaborates.
 
“I moved houses recently,” she admits, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear, “ I used to walk in the other direction.” 
 
The crosswalk sign changes from don’t walk to walk and they walk together to the other side.
 
“Which way?” the boy asks.
 
“Um, that way,” Soo-Jin replies, pointing east.
 
He smiles again but he looks slightly dejected. 
 
“I go the other way. I guess this is goodbye for now.”
 
She nods, looking at her feet.
 
“My name is Soo-Jin Park by the way.”
 
“Kai.”
Soo-Jin gives Kai a small smile.
 
“Just Kai?” she prods. “No last name?’
 
He smiles at this.
 
“It’s a nickname,” he explains. 
 
“Are you going to tell me your real name, or are you just going to be mysterious?” she tries.
 
He smiles.
 
“I think I’ll be mysterious.”
 
Soo-Jin rolls her eyes and Kai grins widely.
 
“See you tomorrow, Soo-Jin.”
 
“Goodbye Kai.”
 
 
And with that they depart. 
 
 
When Soo-Jin arrives at school the next day the classroom seems a little brighter.
Colors vibrant but not harsh, voices of classmates not loud but lively. 
Everything just seems a little better.
 
 
She smiles as her eyes wander towards the back and land on one person in specific.
 
 
 
------
 
Another short update sorry :( 
I'll try to update every Tuesday!