1. BEAST

BEAST and Beauty (EXO WOLF INSPIRED)

1. Kai

 

 

sit in the back of the classroom. It is from there that I witness the strange social rituals performed after the end of a term and a birth of a new one.

 

Students greet one another and take their time getting reacquainted with one another as though they hadn’t been checking each other’s Instagram and facebook pages religiously over the brief break.

 

It’s a funny thing, I think, to be so invested in a person’s actions when you are already more than aware of what they’ve done.

 

I watch with my head propped up by my arm on my desk and my ankles crossed as I watch the entire scenario unfold before me. I feel no attachment to the classroom whatsoever- no out of them out-casting me but more of me out-casting them. I enjoy keeping myself reclusive in order not to grow attachments to any one human.

It isn't safe, for them or for myself.

 

It isn’t as though I’m here by my own jurisdiction anyway. Suho insists as the ALPHA that the members should at least receive a high school diploma.

 

I don’t see much of a point to the completion of high school and any following education—

Considering their careers as models have nothing to do with academics in any aspect.

 

I assume it’s because of his personal moral as a pacifist to ‘live amongst the humans’ to inflict such nonsense upon the rest of the pack as well.

 

The teacher walks in and a dull silence falls over the classroom. He reads aloud the morning announcements and says something about trying our best for the new semester.

 

I lean back into my chair and I twirl my pen in my hand.

 

The teacher takes attendance briefly, and dismisses himself once again.

 

I sit idly without much of a purpose and puff out my cheeks purely out of boredom. I let go of my pen, dropping it onto my desk and lean forwards in my seat.

 

At that moment I notice someone watching me. I don' t look at her directly out of some irrational fear that she'll look away the moment I do. After a few moments I allow myself to look up at her.

 

The very sight of her is breath taking. Her dark hair cascades down her back in full black waves that frame her pale oval face and soft sanguine lips; and her cat-like eyes seem to hold the brightness of the moon in them.

She holds my gaze for a brief moment that lasted only for a second but felt like forever.

Then the face of the moon-eyed girl becomes downcast and she turns away from me.

 

I lower my eyes from her and stare blankly at my empty hands.

I blink once.

Then twice.

And then I begin to blink in some strange Morse code as I try to process my thoughts.

 

I think she is someone that should be familiar but isn’t.

I am certain I’ve never seen her but I’m not entirely sure since I can be absent-minded.

But I do know that I wouldn’t forget eyes like those.

 

I feel something tugging in the pit of my stomach, like some sort of strange sickness and as though all my strength has left my body completely.

It is if I have some insatiable hunger from a virus that has stricken me from within and is slowly creeping into my veins and bones; imbedding itself into my very being.

I shudder and bring my hands to my face, elbows leaning against my desk for support. I glance up again through my fingers and I see the moon-eyed girl looking at me once again. I move my hands away from my face.

 

Our eyes meet again and the sickness tugging in my stomach grows tighter. This time she smiles.

 

It’s a polite, friendly smile; the type of smile given as a promotion of being strangers.

And even though I’m perfectly aware of this- I feel the tightness in my stomach morph into a strange fluttering; like a small bird trying desperately to break out of its cage.

 

I think the sickness was more comfortable than this incessant fluttering sensation.

 

Ugh.

 

I walk with my head down and hands stuffed into my pockets.

I stride briskly towards the intersection with my head phones blaring into my ears.

I unintentionally walk into someone, stumbling as i do.

They crash into me with a slight "oomph." 

"Sorry," I say raising my eyes to meet theirs.

I freeze, suprised by our inconvenient meeting.

My face breaks out into an unconventional grin.

"Hi."

 

 
It's short, sorry :( but i will write more! 
this story is inspired by EXO's wolf and a oneshot i wrote called 'enough'
*shameless self-advertising*
I know I posted this earlier but it didn't fully copy and paste, so the last part was missing but it didn't really get any longer...