Secret Doors and BB Cream

The Honor House

Micah’s POV:


 

“Abi!!! Do you have any idea where you’re going?!” We’ve been walking blindly around the building for a few hours without the slightest idea of where we were supposed to stay. We only found conference rooms and a few bathrooms. If I wasn’t already annoyed by that giant with the smirk and the secretary lady who left to God-knows-where, I am now. She could have at least told us where to go instead of hanging all over a guy half her age.

 

“Of course, I know where we’re going! Don’t sweat it,” Abi insisted. “We’re supposed to go.. Um..” She looked around cluelessly to the left and right of the corridor. “THIS WAY!!” she grabbed suitcase and ran to the left.

 

I followed her with a sigh. I didn’t have much of a choice anyways. I looked at the interior of cream walls and furniture made of oak. Along the hallways, there were photos hung of the most stoic looking men and women that I have ever seen with gold plaques beneath them stating their rank (past and present) on the school board. I would never want to meet them in person. But I digress. If someone told me that this place was supposed to part of a creative arts school, I would have never believed them. Everything felt so fancy...there was nothing creative about it! It felt more like a glorified museum of old people.

 

Abi ran around more lost than ever. And Mae.. Wait.. Mae? Great.. We lost her too. Perfect..


 

Mae’s POV:

 

Am I supposed to go left here..? Or right..? Or maybe forward..? I told them to wait for me while I used the bathroom. I bet Abi was so focused on figuring out where to go and Micah followed carelessly. I can’t help that I had a bladder crisis happening and nobody noticed!! ..Cough.. Anyways.. I still need to find my way back. Being lost all by myself is in no way fun.

 

I walked around aimlessly until I saw someone that’s super tall with a black sweater and a black hat turn a corner. Maybe it’s Kris! When did he change..? Doesn’t matter right now. FOCUS MAE! He’d know where to go right? I mean, he lives here after all. Maybe he’d be nice enough to tell me the dorms are.

 

“Kris! Kris, wait up!” His stupidly long legs made steps equivalent to 3 of mine. It’s completely unfair! He kept on walking. I kept on running. I wonder if I did something wrong to have him ignore me. Doesn’t matter anyways. Any fights with him are reserved for Micah with me in the front row with a bucket of popcorn. Oh! And sourpatch kids.

 

After what seemed like miles to the nubs I call legs, he suddenly stopped in front of a door at the end of a hall and went in. I made it to door the after one last failed attempt to keep up. I opened the door to see absolutely nothing. It looked like an empty closet with nowhere to go. I doubt that this closet was a pathway to Narnia but it never hurts to check.

 

I pushed against every wall and nothing budged even for an inch. I didn’t know what to do anymore so I closed the door and let the darkness give me a chance to sort myself out. Suddenly, dance music started playing and a small disco ball made light spin around the room. If that didn’t freak me out, this did: the closet started moving up.

 

The blaring dubstep seeped into my bones. I couldn’t help but bob my head a little which eventually turned into full motion of popping. I honestly have no idea how long I was dancing in there. I didn’t even noticed that the closet stopped shaking. I caught my breath and opened the door to a hallway covered in graffiti and abstract art of all types.

 

Each door was styled differently as well. The door farthest down had a sleek black metal door held in with a silver knob and hinges. It had speakers integrated within it that were blasting loud techno music.

 

The next door was a clean, pure white wooden one with a golden knob hinges. It wasn’t much compared to the first door, just a few papers and photos framed on it. I could kind of see a few of them: A picture of a soccer team, a music competition flyer, and a lot of cute cartoon drawings, one of which was a very adorable rubber duck.

 

I knocked softly on the door closest to me that looked like it was made out of thick sheets of wood. It smelled of bamboo and had a few doodles on it, mostly of musical notes. Also, there was a very strange metal box on it, which I could only assume was some sort of security thing.  

 

No one answered. I waited a bit before knocking again louder. Still, no one answered. I turned the knob and it was unlocked so I waltz right in. Big mistake. With a loud battle cry, the fist of a guy wearing a helmet and a pillow wrapped around his torso collided with my unprepared face. My body hit the door from the sudden force and slid ground in shock. I held my throbbing cheek. My eyes met another pair of wide, panda eyes.

 

“I am so sorry! I was expecting Kris to come back for revenge after I used his BB Cream! I was hoping to get him in the stomach but..” He looked down and rubbed his neck in embarrassment. My eyes sharpened in a fierce glare in realization.

 

“YOU DID NOT JUST IMPLY THAT I AM A MIDGET!!!” I lunged him to give me a piece of my mind. He flinched in fear with a small squeal in anticipation of pain. Mid-air, a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and dragged me out.

 

“TAO!!! RUN AND SAVE YOURSELF!!”

 

“PUT ME DOWN!! PUT ME DOWN NOW!!!!” I was fuming! No one EVER talks about my height and gets away with it. The guy opened the white door and tossed me onto a bed before hog-tying my arms and legs into place.

 

“I’m so sorry, Miss. I’m sure he meant no harm to you. Please calm down!”

 

JUGEULLAE*?!!”

 

“Xiu Min.. She’s really scary..” My attacker, who is apparently named Tao, peeked over the other’s shoulder with watery eyes and pouty lips.

 

“Why don't we prank Luhan and let him deal with her? Something like this deserves to be watched with popcorn!”

 

“..Hello? I’m a little tied up here!”

 

“Let's go get some!!” Xiu Min laughed at Tao’s over-exaggerated aegyo.

 

“UNTIE ME THIS INSTANT!!! YAH!!! STOP IGNORING ME!!!”

 

Tao poked his head back in the room. “Don't worry, Scary Lady. We'll be back~.”  With a cheeky grin, he shuffled out of the room and linked arms with Xiumin before skipping out down the hall.

 

“YOU, LITTLE BRATS!! LET ME GO!!!”


 

Abi’s POV:

 

Fine. I’ll admit it: I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE I’M GOING. I can’t tell Micah though. She’d kill me. I can already feel her eyes burning holes into the back of my head in annoyance. She should already know that I’m a black hole when it comes to directions. That’s not going to stop me though. I am a girl on a mission! I’ll find my way even if it’s the last thing I’ll do!

 

“Yah... I’m tired of walking...” Micah complained from behind me.

 

“Shh!” I said, totally focusing on where I was- “Hey! I smell ramen!”

 

“Uuuuuggggghhhhhh!” She let out an exaggerated groan. “RAMEN?! I WANT A BED!”


 

Micah POV

 

I wanted Abi to DIE. Okay, maybe not die, but FIND THE RIGHT FREAKING PLACE.  

“We are not going to find the ramen, Abi! Repeat, we are NOT GOING TO FIND THE RAMEN. WE ARE GOING TO FIND A BED, WHERE I CAN SLEEP, BEFORE I SNAP YOUR SKINNY LITTLE WHITE GIRL BODY IN TWO!!!” I finally yelled, stomping my overly exhausted feet.

 

She stared at me with wide eyes, terrified.

 

I smirked. Mwahahahaha, I thought, She won’t go looking for ramen NOW!

 

The next words out of proved me wrong, however. She finally shook her head and shrugged. “Mmk. You can go find a bed and hug it and kiss it and fall asleep. I, however, am going to find where that BEAUTIFUL smell is coming from."

 

“Fine.” I said, rolling my eyes at her back as she disappeared to the left. “Now for a warm, comfy bed...”

 

After a few minutes of walking, I came across a door. It sounded like someone was in there, wherever there was, so I knocked. There was no answer, so, as it was unlocked, I let myself in. In front of me was a long, narrow path, that led to an indoor olympic sized pool, complete with a high dive and everything. Someone was swimming in it, laps, I guessed. I wouldn’t know; Abi’s the swimmer.

 

My jaw dropped in shock. “Well... this is not what I was expecting.” I mused. However, this could be useful. I set my cellphone and suitcase down and walked casually towards the pool, trying to conceal my awe.

 

I had never seen such a nice pool. I mean, unless you count pools from Korean Dramas or something. “Hey... uh....” I stood at the edge of the pool, waiting for him to notice me.

 

..It wasn’t working.

 

Finally, I just sat down at the rim and hoped that he would feel me staring. I was willing him to look over here and stop the incessant swimming. For ten minutes straight I just sat there, watching him do three different types of , entertaining myself by singing the ABC’s. Yes, the ABC’s. Did you know that the ABC’s song is the same tune as Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star? Now that’s nifty.

 

“Can I help you?” A voice suddenly pulled me from my thoughts about childrens songs and I looked up, startled. The guy was standing up in the shallow end of the pool, staring at me with an odd expression on his face. His freakin’ gorgeous face. It might have had something to do with the fact that he was shirtless but I could almost feel my insides turn to jelly just looking at him. And let me tell you, that was a really awkward sentence to write because I never, ever, feel that way on the first meeting.

 

Then again, I’ve never met such a god-like being in a such an amazing pool before.

“Uh... yeah. I’m looking for a bed.” I said, then almost smacked myself at my stupidity. The guy raised his eyebrows, not amused. “Oh, gosh, that sounded bad... I meant that I’m living here now and I just came from America and I have serious jet lag and I really just want to go to sleep, so if you could show me a place in which to do that I would be seriously grateful.” I rambled, clenching my jaw shut when I realized I was making no sense at all. The guy let out a laugh, and I smiled, embarrassed. “I’m Micah, by the way,” I said giving a little wave.

 

“I’m Suho,” He said, pulling himself out of the water. He grabbed the towel on a tanning chair and wrapped it around his waist, taking off his swim cap as he walked towards me. “You’re American? And you’re living here...?”

 

I nodded, gulping. “That would be me, Miss America.” I joked. “And yeah. My friends, who are also American, and I are moving in today. There wasn’t enough room in the girl’s dorms so we got stuck here.”

 

His expression turned from amused to super amused and he laughed really loudly again. “You got stuck here?” As if he couldn’t believe me.

 

“Just said that,” I said, snarkily, but smiling at the same time. This guy knew pretty good English, thankfully.

 

“Well, Miss America, since you are now stuck living in the same house as me, shall I show you to your sleeping chambers?” He spoke in a posh British accent, which sounded funny with his Korean one.

 

I giggled. “Lead the way,” Then I kicked myself. Giggled? Did I seriously just giggle? What the heck is wrong with me...

 

Abi POV

 

Ramen. I have to find the ramen. My ramen senses were tingling and I haven’t eaten in.. 30 minutes!!! Yes, I know I’m as thick as a piece of paper and eat like an elephant. I can’t help that genetics has blessed me the love for food and a body that won’t retain any of the weight.

 

I followed the scent of heaven to a kitchen that looked like it deserved to be in a magazine of the highest. On the stove, there was a pot boiling with ramen, chicken, chopped green onions, and egg, and broth red with chilly powder.

 

“Hello?” No one answered.

 

“Is this anyone’s ramen?” Silence.

 

“..I think it’s done.” Not even a cricket chirp.

 

“If no one’s going to claim it, I’m going to eat it. Is that okay?” No one besides my stomach replied with a grumbling desire to be filled. I raided the drawers for a pair of chopsticks. I was beginning to feel just a tiny bit guilty so I decided to the universe one more chance to keep it’s delicious soup.

 

“This is your last chance. I’m giving you up to count of 10. 1.. 2.. 3.. 10! It doesn’t belong to anyone? No one at all? AWESOME!!! JALMUKESUMNIDA*!!!”

 

“Ramen~ I get to eat someone’s ramen~ yeah, yeah, yeah~” I sang quietly to myself, taking a large amount and placing it on the pot’s lid, like I saw them do in this Korean drama. “Yummy~ yummy for my tummy~”

 

“YAH!” Someone yelled. “WHY ARE YOU TOUCHING MY RAMEN!!!”

 

“NO ONE WAS HERE YOU-” Wait. That was a familiar voice...

 

The lid dropped to the ground, clattering steaming hot ramen all over my sandaled foot in shock.

 

Sehun?!?!

 

“YOU!” We gasped, in unison.

 

Mae POV

 

I could NOT believe they just left me here! And what in the world were they saying about popcorn? Ugh. Boys.

 

“YAHHHH! HELLLPPP MEEEE!” I let out a scream; it was my last ditch effort before my voice died.

 

Thankfully, as soon as I screamed (more like croaked), I heard the door to the elevator close and footsteps coming nearer to the room. In walked a boy wearing a red varsity jacket. His hair was bronze-ish, obviously died. He was prettier than ME.

 

“Hallelujah!” I breathed, nonetheless, “Can you please-”

 

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON MY BED?!” The boy screamed, face turning red. “KAJA! GET OFF MY BED!” He yanked a pillow from a bunk and started smacking me with it in anger.

 

“WHAT THE HECK! I WAS TIED UP HERE YOU MOTHER FATHER!” I screamed back at him.

 

Hmm... my voice seemed to have come back...

 

“LIES! YOU JUST WANT TO GET ON MY NERVES, YOU, LIAR, YOU! NO ONE EVER, EVER, GETS TO LAY ON MY BED! GET OFF!”

 

I managed to get a leg loose and kicked him in the stomach as he aimed the pillow, once again, at my poor face. “YOU WEIRDO!!! GET AWAY FROM ME! AND STOP WHACKING ME WITH THAT PILLOW! I’M GOING TO HAVE TO FIX MY MAKEUP!!!” I yelled as he keeled over, the wind effectively knocked out of him.


“Well... this is amusing.”