Airway Arrival

The Honor House

Abi POV

BEEP! BEEP! BEE- 

"Will someone please shut off the freaking alarm!" I griped, waking up from an uncomfortable, but much needed, nap. "Freakin-" 

Opening my eyes reluctantly, I realized I was on a plane. Correction. We were on a plane. We being my best friend Micah and her friend Mae. Mae and the old lady next to me were looking at me with annoyed expressions.

Micah, Mae and I were headed to the mystical land of South Korea- Okay, maybe it's not mystical, but its definitely better than living with my parents after high school. I've been wanting to move out since I was, like, twelve, and this was my chance. We were going to Yangcheon Arts University.

"Pssst, Micah, wake-up~" I whispered. The older girl opened her left eye and peered at me for a moment.

"...No." She answered, closing her eyes again.

I raised my eyebrow. "If that's how you're going to play..." I grabbed my pillow and slammed it down into her face.

"Hey! What was that for?!?" She said almost yelling at me. She chucked the pillow back at me angrily as I laughed at her. 

Cue grumpy old lady hissing at me, once again, to shut up.

"Dude... calm your tacos, senora," I made a face back at her, annoyed.

Micah hit me, turning to the lady apologetically. "She means to say she's sorry. Right, Abi?" 

I sighed, faking a smile. "Yeah, sure, I'm sorry." 

Although I'm the youngest of our trio, I have to say that I'm more outgoing than Micah. Mae and I were totally stoked to get packing and travel to a new place, but Micah wasn't as excited as we were. Hopefully we can get her to break out of her timid shell. This happens everytime she goes somewhere new because she's moved into different places a lot.

"Let's take pictures!" Mae said, grinning as she pulled her phone out.

"Ughhh..." Micah groaned and pulled her beanie over her face. Mae and I laughed quietly and started taking selfies to put on Instagram.

"#TravelingToKorea~" Mae said smiling as she posted our picture.

"I'm so excited! I've always wanted to go to Korea!" I exclaimed excitedly.

"Me too!" Mae said grinning.

"I think I could live without going there." Micah said muffled through her beanie.

"Yeah right. You're too pessimistic mija." I chuckled, nudging her with my elbow as I pulled her beanie off.

"I think we're landing soon!" Mae said as she looked out the window. 

We were passing through fluffy white clouds and the sun was rising slowly, engulfing us in a warm blanket of Autumn colors. 

"Great, then we can finally get out of this plane. If that kid kicks my chair one more time I'm gonna go insane." Micah said as she glared at the child behind her momentarily.

I grinned and began packing my things in my carry on bag.

"We are now beginning our descent in South Korea, please secure your seatbelts and prepare for landing turbulence."The Captain said on the overhead speakers.

We quickly put our seatbelts on and turned off our electronics. I looked out my window. 

There it is... Seoul...

 

Mae POV

OMG I can't believe I'm really here! Wait, I have to get my luggage. Where is it..? I looked around as we exited the terminal. Soon I saw the sign for luggage pick up.

"Let's go get our things~" I said as I pulled Abi and Micah along with me.

We found our luggage after about two hours. Apparently Abi's got lost in the wrong luggage plane so we had to wait until it came for her to find them.

"I'M SO HUNGRY!" Abi complained when she finally got her bags.

"Well if someone labeled her stuff correctly we could have been eating at a nice restaurant right about now." Micah said smirking as she readjusted her bass case on her shoulder.

"I have to go to the restroom actually." I said as I set my things down on a nearby bench.

"I'll go to~ Stay here Micah and watch our things." Abi said as she did the same.

"I'M NOT A DOG! I'm smart enough to do things on my own!" She yelled angrily.

Abi stuck her tongue out at here and laughed, "I know, I know~"

I was sure that my eyeliner was smudged from the long flight. Gosh, I hadn't looked at myself since we got out of the airport in Singapore. I probably looked like a total panda bear or something. I ran to the bathroom quickly with Abi.

Mirror, mirror, I need a mirro- "OH MY GOSH!" I screamed as I looked at myself in the restroom mirror.

I looked completely hideous! I grabbed my makeup bag and wiped off my entire face, redoing everything. Primer, Foundation, Concealer, Powder, Blush, Eyeliner, Mascara... Everything must look amazing! My eyeliner at least has too look good.

"You don't look that bad." Abi said as she stepped out of the bathroom stall and washed her hands.

I rolled my eyes at her and finished my mascara as I noticed she was eyeing herself too in the mirror. Chuckling, I handed her some eyeliner.

"Thanks~" She said as she did her eye make up as well.

I hope Micah is okay waiting out there by herself for just a bit longer.

 

Micah POV

What is taking them so long? I think I'm going to start panicking if they don't come out soon. 

I was stuck waiting alone on a bench with about ten bags of luggage... Did I mention I was alone? Not that I didn't enjoy being alone, but I was in a new country and the staring eyes were starting to get to me a little. But I didn't care anymore. Here I could be a new person and no one could say anything to bring me down!

Then I began wondering about this University I was going to attend. It had very high standards as far as selection, and I was surprised I even got accepted. I took out my phone and googled the school. Yangcheon Arts University... Hm... High Quality Education... Campus Life... Students...

"Yangcheon huh?" A voice suddenly whispered behind me.

"Ah!" I screamed, sending a punch behind me before I even turned around.

"OUCH!" Yelled the guy laying on the floor. He had a red fist mark on his face now. 

My eye widened and I ran over next to him. "Oh my gosh I'm SO SORRY!" I said, helping him up.

He looked at me with quizzical eyes. Oh right... Korean... uh...

"I'm S-Sorry..." I said in Korean as best as I could.

The guy stood up and brushed himself off, looking at me as he grinned, "You're accent is cute."

I blinked. "Uh... T-Thank-you..." I mumbled, backing away a bit.

"Sorry for sneaking up on you like that. I go to Yangcheon, so that's why I was looking at your phone." He replied, eyesmiling.

This guy is really making me feel uncomfortable. Abi and Mae... please come out soon.

"What's you're name?" He asked, raising an eyebrows.

"M-My name... My name... is... uh.. Micah." I finally answered after stuttering a few times.

"My name is Sehun, nice to meet you." He said bowing. Oh... right!

I bowed back. Just then Abi and Mae appeared behind me.

"Excuse me~ But are you hitting on my friend?" Abi said defensively, her hands on her hips.

Sehun's eyes gazed at her, then at Mae, then at me, then down at Abi's shoe. A grin curled up his lips slowly before he burst into laughter. Abi's right eye twitched as she glared at the boy.

"What's wrong with you? Gosh!" She grumbled in Korean.

"You have toilet paper atattched to your foot!" He laughed.

Abi's eyes widened. She looked down and on her shoe was a very... very long line of toilet paper. Her face turned bright red and she ran clenched her fist, glaring at Sehun before running back into the bathroom. Sehun was still laughing so hard he couldn't breath.

"Omomomomo!" He finally took a deep, calming breath, "Ah well, that's life for ya. I'll be off now."

He turned his head towards me and winked, "See ya around~" And with that, he walked away into a crowd of people.

"I don't like him...!" Abi grumbled, yanking the toilet paper off of her foot. "I really, really don't like him..."

"What was that about?" Mae asked me. I blinked and turned to her.

"I uh... Punched him in the face.." I answered shyly. She blinked and began laughing extremely hard.

"Good for you!" Abi cheered, smile widening. She waved the toilet paper from her foot at his back. "Take that, estúpido!"

"You haven't been in Korea less than ten minutes and you already punched someone? How will you ever make any friends?" She howled laughing.

I hope we get to the school soon... I'm getting anxious.