Immature

You Can't Love Him

“My friends are coming over, so you better not mess this up for me. We’ll be in the garage, and you better not come in or you can say goodbye to using my PS3,” Jongup said sternly to me as we walked into the house after the longest first day of school ever. It was so boring and all I could do was stare at the back of Junhong’s head in English class, and run away from the ball in gym.

            “What do I usually do when your friends come over?” I asked him, un-amused by his lack of expectation by me.

            “Whatever. Just... don’t bother us,” he said, escaping into the garage. Little did he know, every time he hung out with his friends in the garage, I could always hear them because my room was just above the garage, and there happened to be a vent right above where they usually sat.

            I was lying on my floor, waiting for Jongup’s friends in get here, because I’m not weird at all. I finished all my homework and I was just waiting for a little source of entertainment.

            “It took you long enough,” Jongup said, obviously when his friends finally decided to show up. “Yongguk, close the garage door on your way in.” Yongguk? Who the heck was Yongguk?

            “I’m not your maid, Jongup,” this “Yongguk” guy joked as I heard the garage door close. Yongguk had a really deep voice. It was kind of creepy to be honest. He sounded like a crazy gang leader or something. “In fact, I’m the exact opposite,” Yongguk added. Crazy gang leader it is.

            “So guys, today I was thinking that we could all have like, cool gang names and stuff, so people would really think we’re cool,” a familiar voice added in.

            “How about you give yourself a nickname, and we’ll all just laugh at you in the process of everyone else laughing at you?” Another voice joked, creating a chorus of laughs from everyone.

            “I already got my nickname. From now on, you guys have to call me Zelo.” Oh my god, that was totally Junhong. I knew it! I recognized his voice from this morning, and that was definitely him!

            Everyone laughed at his excuse for a nickname. “Zelo... I think it might grow on me,” Jongup said in approval.

            “Yeah, you’re not even the one that should be making fun of me mister “Best Absolute Perfect.” I mean, what kind of guy just comes up with the initials B.A.P and then makes something up for what it stands for?” Junhong teased.

            “Hey, no teasing your hyung, little Zelo,” a voice from before teased. Wait... what the hell was Junhong doing in my garage? Him and my brother had like, a two or three year difference! How old is my brother again? 18? 19? Wow, I should really try remembering stuff like that.

            “Shut up, Daehyun.” Daehyun was here too! Omo!

            “More like Dae-hyung,” Yongguk teased as well.

            “That wasn’t even funny,” Junhong pouted. “Oh, and just so you know Daehyun, everyone heard you talking about Sara in the hallway this morning. The teacher totally gave me crap about it.”

            “Ok, who’s Sara? This morning some girl came up to me and told me heard name was Hana, but I could’ve sworn there was a Sara somewhere in the mix,” my brother questioned.

            “Sara is the one who everyone’s at parties so she can be popular,” Daehyun said, simply.

            “Oh! Sara the cuck socker,” my bother laughed at the horrible joke he just made. It wasn’t even funny. Sometimes my brother can be such a loser.

            “Speaking of... never mind. Did you know your sister is in all of my classes?” Junhong asked. Finally the conversation was getting interesting!

            “Yah! How did you know he had a sister and I didn’t?” Daehyun asked.

            “Dude, she’s with him like, all of the time, and they act like they hate each other which could only mean she is his sister. Anyways, she’s quite antisocial, isn’t she, Jongup?” If I could go down there, I would beat up Junhong right there on the spot, but that might not end well.

            “Antisocial? I was thinking more on the... jookjookpangpang side, if you know what I mean.” The comment by Daehyun made me so mad, I was literally this close to going down there and ripping his off.

            “Yah! That’s my sister we’re talking about here!” Jongup yelled, at least he kind of stood up for me.

            “Well, Daehyun does have a point. I call dibs because we’re closer in age!” Junhong said, every ounce of tease hidden in his voice.

            “Oh shut up Mr. I tell everyone I skipped a grade when I actually failed one,” Daehyun teased back.

            “I swear to god, if you guys go anywhere near my sister, I will personally rip your es off and you can say goodbye to your long nights with your right hand.” I’m glad my brother and I’s mindsets were in the same place.

            Daehyun and Junhong both laughed at his comment. “Yeah, we’ll see about that.”

 

After a few more minutes of listening to their conversation, I decided to go downstairs to get something to eat. Usually I had to make dinner for myself because neither of my parents came home until the late hours of the night, especially my dad because he was always on business trips.

            I looked through all of the cupboards and there was absolutely nothing to eat that I didn’t have to cook. I was going to have to go into the garage and ask Jongup for some money so I can order pizza.

            I took a deep breath and pulled my shirt up to cover my chest more, just because I was thinking of the horrible thoughts Daehyun and Junhong were thinking. I made my way into the garage, and Jongup glared at me from across the room.

            “Jessica, I told you not to come in here when my friends are over,” Jongup said, trying to keep his temper down.

            “Ooh, Jongup’s acting a little protective over his sister!” Daehyun teased, pinching Jongup’s cheeks.

            “I um, I just came in here to ask for some money so I can order pizza,” I said, nervously. Being in a room full of immature boys made me kind of nervous because they were all older than me.

            “You can just use omma’s credit card. It’s in my room, on my desk. But don’t snoop!” Jongup said, taking a sip of his beer.

            “How about you stay in here for a while?” The guy with the really deep voice, Yongguk said, patting a space between him and Jongup on the large couch my brother begged to put in here. This garage was like his own personal sanctuary.

            My brother glared at Yongguk, then looked back at me. “Don’t just stand there. Make a decision,” he said, very careful with his choice of words.

           I shrugged and sat on the couch beside my brother. It couldn’t hurt to sit in here for a little while, right?

            “Don’t just sit there, Jongup, introduce us,” Yongguk teased.

            “Jessica, this is Junhong, Daehyun, Yongguk, Himchan, and Youngjae. Guys, this is my sister, Jessica,” my brother said, emotionlessly, taking another sip of his beer that he probably shouldn’t even be having.

            “Call me Zelo,” Junhong said with a wink.

            “I think I’ll just call you Junhong.” I wasn’t into the whole nickname thing.

            “Ooh, she’s got some sass!” Daehyun cheered, flicking Junhong’s ear.

            “Ok Jess, I think it’s time for you to leave now,” Jongup said through clenched teeth as the tops of his ears turned red.

            “Yeah, I was just on my way,” I sad, quickly getting up and speed-walking out of the garage. Being in a room full of weird boys was not as fun as you might think. I was glad to leave and be able to order my pizza in piece.



Thank you so much for all of the subscriptions so far, it really means a lot :D Please comment so I know how you felt about the chapter~