Meeting

You Can't Love Him

Summer Break is over and it’s time for me to go back to hell, otherwise known as high school. I’m starting grade 10 and I’m hoping it won’t be half as bad as grade 9 was. I want to at least have some fun.

            “Jessica, it’s time to go,” my mom said, taking my empty bowl of cereal away from me. “And don’t forget your EPI pen,” she added, kissing the top of my head.

            “Omma, I haven’t forgotten my EPI pen for the last fifteen years of my life, I don’t think I’m going to forget it today,” I said, checking my bag just in case. Yup, it was still right where I left it.

            “Have fun at school, peanut brain,” my brother, Jongup teased, giving me a small shove once I stood up from the table. He called me peanut brain because I was allergic to peanuts and he thought it was hilarious.

            “Where do you think you’re going?” My mom said, putting her hand on her hip as my brother was halfway out the door.

            “I’m going to school, omma,” he said, innocently.

            “Why did I buy you a car, Jongup?” My mom asked, taking a quick glance at me before looking at him again.

            “Come on! Don’t make me drive her!” He begged, turning on his moody teenager attitude. He hated driving me places, which was why I made him drive me everywhere.

            “Jongup, you’re driving her. And if I find out that you made her walk home, I’m taking your keys for a week.” I struggled not to laugh. I was partly tempted to walk home on purpose just so she would take his keys.

            He groaned. “Fine, come on peanut brain,” he said, walking out the front door.

            I grabbed my backpack and quickly followed behind him.

 

When we arrived at school, every girl within 100 meters of us were glaring at me. It made me slightly uncomfortable because they looked like they were going to rip my head off and feed it to the catfish in the science room.

            “Annyeong, Jongup!” A girl yelled, running after his car. She was dressed like a total in high heels and a mini skirt. Having no dress code in high school was the worst decision anyone has ever made.

            Jongup parked his car and the girl came up to his window. “Remember me, oppa?” She asked, batting her eyelashes.

            “Um... Sara, right?” He asked, lowering his sunglasses to look at her.

            “Hana,” she said, bending over a bit so he could see down her shirt. Ok, I’m definitely leaving now.

            “See you later babe,” I said, kissing Jongup’s cheek before running out of his car. I loved messing with him like that. I loved making girls think we were dating even though we’re obviously brother and sister.

            “Jessica!” I heard Jongup yelled behind me. I didn’t turn around and quickly ran into the school. I went to my assigned locker and put all of my things in there, took out my binders for my first two subjects, then locked my locker.

            I looked at the first classroom number and quickly guided myself to my first class, which was Geography.

            I found the classroom and sat in the back corner where I felt most comfortable. I wasn’t really into that whole ‘human interaction’ thing, so in the back corner was where I hoped to stay in most of my classes.

            Everyone soon piled into the classroom and some people I knew from last year smiled at me and took their spot next to their close friends. I only had a few close friends since I didn’t talk to very many people.

            “Hello class, I’m your Geography teacher Mrs. Lee. I’m here to make sure your first semester of high school goes smoothly, but we all know that that’s not going to happen,” the teacher said, causing the class to give her sympathetic laughs.

            “That’s when I said ‘ain’t nobody gonna have with you if you have herpes!’” We suddenly heard someone yell from the hallway. The whole class tried to suffice their laughter as we continued to listen to their conversation.

            “Ok then... I’ll see you later,” another voice said. Then that person turned into our classroom and everyone stared at him. “Um, sorry I’m late...” he said awkwardly.

            “And what’s your name?” Mrs Lee asked, leaning on her desk.

            “Ch-Choi Junhong,” he stuttered.

            “I can already tell that we’re going to have an amazing year together Mr. Choi. Now take a seat.”

 

Finally it was lunchtime. My second class was really boring, because it was Math, but I found out that Junhong is in that class with me too. He seemed to have a lot of friends in every class, but he didn’t talk as much, if you chose to ignore the dirty joke every once in a while.

            I was walking down the hall to the cafeteria to meet my friends when someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the supply closet and locked the door. He turned the light on and I stared at his smirk. I was really confused right now.

            “What... the hell?” I asked, looking around. Did that actually just happen?

            “Hey babe,” the guy said seductively, pushing me against the wall.

            “What the hell?” I said a little louder, pushing him away from me. “What are you doing? Do you even know me? Because I’m pretty sure I have no idea who the you are.”

            “I’m Jung Daehyun, only the most popular guy at this school. You’re dating Jongup, aren’t you?” He asked.

            I burst out laughing at the same time someone started knocking on the door.

            “DAEHYUN! GET THE OUT OF THE CLOSET WITH MY SISTER!” My brother yelled. Daehyun looked at me confusedly at my brothers sentence.

            “What if I don’t want to?” Daehyun yelled.

            “Then I will find ways to get in there!” Jongup yelled, twisting the handle.

            “Then I guess we’ll just stay in here until you find a way,” Daehyun said, grabbing my waist and pulling me onto the floor with him. “Your sister smells nice, by the way!”

            “Get the away from me!” I yelled, trying to pull myself out of his arms. He kept a strong hold on me and there was no way I was going anywhere.

            “Actually... one second thought, keep my sister all you want,” Jongup said. Oh lord, please tell me he’s kidding.

            “Jongup, if you leave me in here, I’m telling mom and you will never see that car ever again,” I said, sternly, hoping he would listen to me for once. Not only was a allergic to peanut, I was also afraid of the dark, and I was severely claustrophobic. Soon enough I’ll start feeling like the walls are closing in on me.

            “Ooh, I’m so scared,” Jongup said, sarcastically. Then I heard nothing else from him, which meant he walked away and I was starting to get even more nervous by the second.

            “Please, let me leave,” I begged, pulling at the collar on my shirt.

            “What if I don’t want to?” Daehyun whispered, seductively.

            “Then I might go into cardiac arrest and you do not want to see me hyperventilate so much that I have to throw up into a paper bag.”

            “Sounds dangerous... I like it,” he murmured, hugging my waist tighter.

            “I swear to God, I’m not afraid to throw up all over you and your expensive and shiny, one of a kind, Nike high tops that you bought for eighty dollars on eBay using your mother’s credit card.” When I was nervous, I tended to ramble a lot.

            Daehyun didn’t respond to me that time, which obviously meant I was correct.

            “How close did I get, or was I spot on?” I asked, closing my eyes in attempt to distract myself from the room closing in around me.

            “You were pretty spot on, besides that fact that it was Korean currency.”

            “So, how hard was it to steal your mom’s credit card? It took my brother like, two hours one time. He had to locate her purse and then distract her so he could dig through her purse for her wallet and then she turned around and he told her he was looking for an American penny because apparently he was told that they were rare, and then she yelled at him. It took him about three tries I think. And it was all to buy a stupid special edition bag of Cheetos.” Gosh, I was rambled way too much right now.

            “You’re really uncomfortable right now, aren’t you?” Daehyun asked, chuckling a bit.

            “How could you tell?” I asked, sarcastically. In answer, he released his hold on me and I quickly stood up and opened my eyes. “Thank you so much,” I said, putting my hand on my heart in attempt to steady the beating.

            When my eyes finally adjusted to the kingka standing in front of me, I realized how good looking he actually was, and what a fool I just made of myself. Oh my god, I was such an idiot...

            He laughed nervously while scratching the back of his neck. “Uh, no problem. We should probably go now. I’m such you have some friends you have to meet up with or something.”

            I laughed. “Yeah, I’d like to think so,” I said, unlocking the door.

            “What, uh, what do you mean?” He asked, suddenly sounding a whole lot more nervous than he was a few seconds ago.

            “No friends waiting up for me. Just an endless supply of books and video games on my iPad. Anyways, see you around?” I smiled at him, just thankful that I was finally able to escape this closet and try not to make another fool of myself, as I opened the door.

            “Um... maybe.”



Did you likeeee? XD Please comment, so I know how you feel about the first chapter~! :D